Thread: GUIDE: How to play games needing 5.55 OFW on ANY CFW

Page 1 of 11 123 ... LastLast
  1. #1 GUIDE: How to play games needing 5.55 OFW on ANY CFW 
    Senior Member PSP Elite Hacker Killer's Avatar
    Hey! Yeah, you.
    The information contained in this post/thread is old and somewhat outdated. I'm keeping this information here as a reference. If you'd like information regarding how to play games requiring firmwares above the firmwares in Killer's post below, please click the link below and it will take you to a guide for newer games.

HOW TO PLAY GAMES THAT REQUIRE 5.55, 6.00 & 6.10 OFFICIAL FIRMWARE ON CUSTOM FIRMWARE

What you need (UPDATED October 10th):

- A PSP Running Custom Firmware. Any Custom Firmware , but 5.00 M33 and 5.50 GEN are preferred, or 5.03 GEN-A if you're running a 3000 or TA-88v3. Older CFW may work, but are untested.
    - The UMD of the Game you intend to play.
    - UMDGen 4.00.
    - Game Decrypter Homebrew (currently version 4).

How To:

1) Ensure you are running Custom firmware.5.00 M33, 5.50 GEN or 5.03 GEN preferred, but others may work.
    2) Copy the ISO of the UMD in your Drive using the built in program in GEN. Just press Select whilst on the XMB (Main PSP Menu). In the menu that pops up, scroll down to USB Device. Toggle that to 'UMD Disc'. Now connect your PSP to the PC in USB mode. The PC should detect the drive, and instead of seeing the Memory stick contents as usual, you'll see a single file called 'UMD9660.ISO'. Copy it to somewhere you remember on your PC.
    3) Download UMDGen Here.
    4) Once extracted, run the program. Select Open, and choose the ISO you just extracted.
    5) Choose "Extract image" and select a folder where you want to decompress the ISO.
    6) Once done, browse to this directory in Windows.
    7) Go to the folder pspgame / SYSDIR and in this folder, you will find the file EBOOT.BIN.
    8) Right click on it, and select CUT.
    9) Connect your PSP in USB mode, head to the ROOT of your memory stick (The first you see) and paste the file EBOOT.BIN in there.
    10)Download Version 4 of the Decryptor HERE (Attached ZIP file).
    11) Extract the ZIP file to somewhere on your PC.
    12) Find the folder 'GameZDecryptZ' in the archive, and put that inside the PSP/GAME folder of your memory stick. So you should see X:/PSP/GAME/GameZDecryptZ/EBOOT.PBP
    13) Exit USB Mode. Go to the GAME section of your PSP, onto the memory stick and find the app GAME DECRYPT Yoshihiro. Press 'X' to run it.
    14) The program will do it's job, then return to the XMB.
    15) Again connect your PSP to your PC in USB mode. Look in the root of your memory stick and you'll find a new folder called "decryptor".
    16) Open it, and you'll find an EBOOT.BIN file, cut it to your clipboard.
    17) Back on your PC, go back to the folder you originally removed the file from in step 7. Paste the new file back into there.
    18) Click twice on the "parent folder" of your window, so as to return the folder that contains the folders"PSP GAME" and the file "UMD_DATA"
    19) Restart UMDGen. Now, Drag and drop the PSP GAME and UMD_DATA file into the main window.
    20) Click the 'Save' button, and choose where to save your modified ISO. For best results don't compress, save as an uncompressed ISO.
    21) Now simply copy the ISO to the ISO folder on the root of your memory stick as usual in USB mode.
    22) run the game and enjoy!
    Note: Games asking for the LBA (Logical Block Addressing) require a further operation to run. With the original unmodified ISO open in UMDGen, do File -> File List -> Export and save the list. Patch your game, and just before saving the final ISO, do File -> File List -> Import, find the saved list from before, and load. This will provide the ISO files from your order, and the games work.

Compatibility List

With version four of the decrypter, there should no longer be ANY incompatibiles. All games should run on firmwares 5.00 M33, 5.03 GEN and 5.50 GEN. Older firmwares may also be compatible, but are not tested.

If anyone should find an incompatible game, please post.

-------------------------------------------
    This is not really my guide, i just used google translate on the GEN guide and simplified it. All credit to PSP GEN Use it elsewhere, modify it, i don't really give a damn.
    Last edited by Slowman; 09-08-2010 at 02:00 PM.

Member PSP User
    Yes in fact it does work he is a Genius i never thought with all those fakes out there i see someone crack that 5.55 Firmware that prevented us from playing games that required 5.55 ofw. My hats off to him.

The King Of Chinatown PSP Elite Hacker Geek's Avatar
    stickied for now killer, that way less questions

I'm not a pirate. I am a 21st century Che liberating files from the capitalist overlords.
    How to check if you can mod your PSP

Thanks MZ for a sleek sig!

Member PSP User
    it works on 5.00m33
    come to the dark side we have cfw

Senior Member I Modded My PSP tainogunslinger's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by acenyc View Post
    it works on 5.00m33
    You tried it out on m33 and it worked?

RISE
    Uhh...

Senior Member PSP Elite Hacker Killer's Avatar
    I didn't really see any reason why it shouldn't work on M33 firmwares since it's just a homebrew app, so once there is solid confirmation of other FWs it works on i'll update the OP. That willl be tomorrow though since it's 2:10am here now, so i'm going to bed.

Senior Member I Modded My PSP tainogunslinger's Avatar
    Roger that... pleasant dreams.

RISE
    Uhh...

Senior Member PSP Elite Hacker Switchblades's Avatar
    Testing with M33 again.

Edit: Black screen
    Last edited by Switchblades; 09-30-2009 at 02:27 AM.

Rated: CERO Z PSP Elite Hacker
    I'd like to add that I will be keeping an eye on discussion of piracy in this thread. There are several titles (and one in particular) that I can see this being an issue with.

Folks, do what you want because I can't stop you and I'm not trying to... just don't tell us about it.

Junior Member PSP User
    Hey thanks for posting this i got to step 14 and when i went to my memory stick to run the program it said really fast at the bottom cannot decrypt games eboot. I am using brave story for step 2 its an old game. When i go to see the folder there is nothing inside of it for me to cut any suggestions?

This is specifically and only for games requiring 5.55. Did you speed read your way through the thread title *and* the entire first post or something?

Shit man, Brave Story probably requires 2.71 or something. That is an old game for sure.

Senior Member PSP Mad Hacker -GunslingerGirl-'s Avatar
    How are we suposed to go and to do with the firmware on 6.00? and what bout disidyuh.
    Well the way I see it, I'm the judge and my bullets are the jury.

Junior Member PSP User findarato's Avatar
    I can confirm the decrypter runs on 5.00M33-6

the decrypted Disgaea 2 Dark Hero Days.iso does not load, I tried using the M33 driver and all I get is a black screen :evil:
    Sys Ver History:
    2.6 > 2.71 > 1.5 > 3.02(A,B) > 3.03(A,A2,B,C) > 3.10(A,A')
    Mobo:TA-082
    Quote Originally Posted by bender123
    Everyone has an opinion when it comes to bitching...

Edit: Apparantly some titles work on M33. Do some research/find out on your own and report back.
    Last edited by Slowman; 09-30-2009 at 02:09 PM.

Senior Member I Modded My PSP MIDORI_FOX's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by killer3737 View Post
    Shin Megami Tensei Persona (USA) - NO
    Fuckin son of a bitch
    I gotta wait a while haha

Page 1 of 11 123 ... LastLast