Thread: Real sry but real quick

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
  1. #1 Real sry but real quick 
    Senior Member PSP Mad Hacker PSPBETTERTHANDS's Avatar
    What files do you select to be converted when converting with PSP video 9? i think i am supposed to go to the dvd drive that i inserted the dvd into, and i did, but then it gives me a bunch of other files and folders. So what do i select when I hit "one click transcode"?

Senior Member PSP Elite Hacker jrmdb3's Avatar
    First, you need to decrypte the DVD with say, DVDDecrypter or waht I use, DVD Shrink. Make sure when ur decrypting it you make the VOB file into ONE big file. The default settings will split the VOB files into 1gigs each. Go to settings and uncheck "Split VOB file into 1gig each" or something like that. Then when you get the VOB file, transcode THAT with PSPVideo9

Your fellow PSPMod.com Super Moderator. -Jrmdb3
    "Live life to the fullest"
    GAMERTAG: Jrmdb3

Quote Originally Posted by jrmdb3
    First, you need to decrypte the DVD with say, DVDDecrypter or waht I use, DVD Shrink. Make sure when ur decrypting it you make the VOB file into ONE big file. The default settings will split the VOB files into 1gigs each. Go to settings and uncheck "Split VOB file into 1gig each" or something like that. Then when you get the VOB file, transcode THAT with PSPVideo9

Thanks but could you P.M. me a link to the DVD Decrypter. You see, it is owned by www.macrovision.com now but i can't seem to find it on their web site. It is free right? And is it something i would need administrative rights to use? Cause i notice i can't install things myself on this PC. Or could you send me a link of the easiest software to use that is free, maybe that you own yourself? cause i don't wanna pay money and Video 9 is confusing me, so is GP3 and everything else. Well, whatever you can do. OR.... YOU COULD UPLOAD A PRE-RiIPPED MP4 File. Could you? PM me back alright? I mean you could like upload the files to a site like filelodge. ya know? That would actually be the way i prefer (beleive it or not )

http://www.mrbass.org/dvdrip/ - Download for DVDdecrypter
    http://www.afterdawn.com/software/vi...dvd_shrink.cfm - DVDshrink. I would suggest using DVD Shrink because it is easier to pick out the main movie rather than choosing chapters with DVDDecrypter

I received your PM, and sorry but I dont do the whole "file hosting". Sorry for this problem but it takes too much time because I have quite a few movies. But ripping and converting a DVD to MP4 is not hard at all so you could consider this process

5. #5 So I... 
    So DVD decrypter and the other thing are do the same thing right? and what do i select to rip and what do i select when i throw it in Video 9? also, since you said dvd shrink, i dl'd that and tried running the unzipped file. It came up fine and all, but I am not allowed to install things onto my moms PC hard drive and i think it is cause i do not have administrative rights and she doesn't allow me to do stuff cause she doesn't trust me so could you tell me if there is a way i can get through that without it being noticable? i don't think there is so could you PLEASE just upload A movie? Just PM me or post here a list of movies you already ripped and threw in video 9 cause i don't want my mom to start screaming that i am messing things up. You see, my mom has a severe case bitchititus, they say it will only get worse and worse as she gets older.

Senior Member PSP Elite Hacker
    Yes, rip it then bring it into PSP video 9.

btw 600 post

JOIN CYBERNATIONS!!-www.cybernations.net

I suggest using DVD shrink just because its easier. You should get one big VOB file thats around 4 gigs usually. Thats the average size for a full movie. The settings you should use for PSP Video9, hmm, I have NO idea what you want. There are SOOO many settings and so many qualities choices and options and everything. What I suggest you do is search around on PSP Video9's official forums or go to pspupdates.com's forums and search for a sticky on PSP Video9, i know theyre there, theyre lurking around there somehwer. Hope it all comes out alright!

8. #8 Well, it is kicking ass 
    It is a great, and easy program as you said. I love it. i already figured it out, without even a tutorial or anything! it is going at 10 MB a second right now! SOOOOO fast! Thanks so much, BTW, I shouldn't select the Menu things right? Selecting the "automatic" option is good to use right? It said i should use that. And then i throw *ALL* the files i ripped onto PSP Video 9 correct?

Also, glad to be the reason for your 600th post, you really must have no life.
    ROFL! Also, how do you like the avatar?

EDIT: 75% 9:43
    EDIT: 80% 9:43
    EDIT: 85% 9:44 (My PC is ripping its heart out)
    EDIT: 90% 9:45
    EDIT: 95% 9:46
    EDIT: *100%* 9:47

NOW TELL ME MY COMPUTER ISN'T FAST AND I WILL KICK YOUR ASS! (and if you don't beleive me, then well you suck.)

Woah, what are you talking about "all the files" you ripper. You should only get one big VOB file. Thats what you ahve right?
    And also, the percent thing is messed up on PSPVideo9, it will say "100% done" and it can still be running for maybe another 2 hours. One thing is that PSPVideo9 is very slow, but it gets the job done. What I suggest is transcode it over night. There is also a feature where u can click and when the video is transcoded, PSPVideo9 will shut done and so will ur computer. Hope this helps!

10. #10 Damnit! 
    I have like a ton of files after putting it through DVD Shrink! what am i supposed to select for settings in DVD Shrink JRMDB3? I did automatic under the "full disc" tab, and then i clicked "Backup!" or something like that, which was the tab to the left of "full disc". Well, I don't get it. I ended up with a mix of VOB's and a ton of other ones. WHY?! how should i do it when i do it again tonight?
    Could you try to be specific?

Yea, i cant give u all the details because I dont ahve DVDshrink with my right now. Before you back the DVD up, go to setup or something ontop and click "Prefernces". In there, there should be some tabs. Click the IO/F or a tab similar to that, im not sure what its called. Then uncheck the box taht says" split VOB files to cunks (1gb)" or something like that. THEN back it up

12. #12 Alright! 
    Yeah, i found what you are talking about! it wasn't in that tab you talked about, it was in the tab "File Output" in preferences, but a good guess, cause that tab was actually there. So, when my PC finishes encoding the DVD files i have selected i should be all set right? Well i wasnt sure what i should do so here is a list of what i selected, tell me what i should add to it:

Under Menus i unchecked everything, but it still says 161 MB next to it
    Under Main Movie i have checked AC3 5.1-ch English But DTS 5.1-ch English is unchecked, is that right or wrong?
    Under extras i don't want to bother with so i unchecked everything
    and finally under Unreferenced Material I checked AC3 2-ch English.

On the big green and gray bar at the top it says on the left 0 MB and on the right 4, 463MB but that is a little over 4 gigs is that okay? How big do these movies usually come out to be? And on that note, I don't see a way to unselect things completely, like since i don't want the extras of this movie. Can i do that?

Well looks like everything is set now. Usually, i guess, there will be some otehr files coming with the big VOB file. But the big VOB file tahts 4 gigs is the one you want. And that is fine that u unchecked DTS 5.1-chEnglish. Its just some audio encoding I guess but It shouldn't hurt. And aobut the extras, yea just dont bother with it, you can uncheck it. So now your set. Transcode it over night with PSP Video 9 and see how it turns out tomorrow

14. #14 Oooooh! 
    I found a way to rip JUST the Main Movie file. You go into re-author and then you select wherever your dvd is. Then, you double click the file under Main Movie, in my case it was "Title 1" but yours may differ. YEAY! IT WORKED BITCHES! YES YES YES YES YES! for the first time in my life i have copied something! Hey, if i did this to all my games for PS2 it would work the same right? except i wouldn't use PSP Video 9. And then i could sell all my games to someone or some people for about a couple hundred bucks to pay for my new Hard drive and PC! YEAH, and am so Fucking smart! Sorry to take all the credit JRMDB3 but i am soooooo happy right now, i could cry. And no i am not gay. LOL! and the shutdown PC doesn't hurt does it? Like if you manually restart your PC (pushing the button on the tower and holding it there till it shuts down or restarts)

EDIT it didn't work at all. I have a 250 MB file on my PSP stick and it is appearently corrupt. i can't even play it on my PC.

Well, first, I can understand your frustration but please dont double post, I would ahve seen your EDIT in your first postnext time DONT double post please
    Ok, Please let me see ALL your settings you are using on PSP Video9. A screenshot would be easier but if you cant, then just type all your settings. Also, tell me where you are putting the move file or where PSP Video9 is putting it

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast