Thread: Remote Play on old firmware?

1. #1 Remote Play on old firmware? 
    Hi guys new to the forums.

I recently bought a used PSP-1001 from a co-worker which has firmware v3.95 on it. I've been trying to get it to communicate with my PS3 at home over the internet for remote play. I've done all the router configuring for this as well as giving my PS3 a static IP along with all the remote play settings and wake on LAN.
    Everytime I try to connect to it from my work's wifi it just gives me a "your Playstation 3 account is suspended" kind of error. It does this error with any password I type.

I've yet to get a memory stick for it. I was thinking about making this thing a little project and try modding some on it. I got it for $40 .

cliffs:
    Must I be running the latest firmware in order for remote play to work?
    May want to try CFW but will not having it to the most recent prevent me from this function?

THANKS

Senior Member PSP Elite Hacker Jccage's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Nate2003 View Post
    Hi guys new to the forums.

I recently bought a used PSP-1001 from a co-worker which has firmware v3.95 on it. I've been trying to get it to communicate with my PS3 at home over the internet for remote play. I've done all the router configuring for this as well as giving my PS3 a static IP along with all the remote play settings and wake on LAN.
    Everytime I try to connect to it from my work's wifi it just gives me a "your Playstation 3 account is suspended" kind of error. It does this error with any password I type.

I've yet to get a memory stick for it. I was thinking about making this thing a little project and try modding some on it. I got it for $40 .

cliffs:
    Must I be running the latest firmware in order for remote play to work?
    May want to try CFW but will not having it to the most recent prevent me from this function?

THANKS
    1. I'm quite sure, about 95%, you need the latest f/w to use remote play, yes.

2. If the above is correct, you won't be able to use remote play with a cf/w'd Psp.
    Hacking Basics, And how to do it. Click here.

dang it! weak sauce...

So I gotta make a decision it seems between custom apps and more functionality over the huge feature of remote play...

First if ya have done remote play before, is it really that great? I was going to use it for streaming pics, music, and videos.. wondering about the performance and everything.

Senior Member PSP Mad Hacker
    the remote play feature was probably introduced with an official firmware release after v3.95.

i have used remote play using my ps3 - it works as it states. i primarily use the psp in remote play for video playback. music playback wouldn't be as demanding as video playback, so no issues there. not sure about any remote play in gaming - maybe i should look into that...

i am denied remote play feature when i try to use it via its internet connection (thru the psn store) using my cfw... but that isn't much of an issue for me... you are generally denied access to psn when using cfw - and the remote feature relies on either your wireless network and alternatively on internet connection... so i only use remote feature in its wireless network (infrastructure?) mode to watch videos...

your ps3 account is suspended? what did you do?
    TA-081 (neur0n 6.60ME v1.8) + TA-085v2 (neur0n 6.60ME v1.6) + Brite (OFW5.03) + PSP-Go + Phat PS3 40GB/FW3.15 + PlayTV

NDS Lite + DSi

iPod Touch 1G/16GB 3.1.3JB + iPod Touch 4G/32GB 4.2.1JB

MSI Wind U100/2gb ram/500 gb hdd/WinXP Pro SP 3/Ubuntu 12.04 LTS

Q6600/Foxconn Mars P35/4 GB DDR2/8800GTS-512/Vista +

Acer A500 + HTC IC + Acer5750G/Win7

I want it all, brand new socks and draws! PSP Mad Hacker thecoo1est's Avatar
    just go with custom firmware

Senior Member PSP Mad Hacker
    isn't there a way to access psn with the psp with cfw on it by using Media Go (since psn access may not be blocked using the pc, instead of the cfw psp which is blocked...) and changing the .txt file with the fw config in it?

anyway, for you to investigate...

in any case, update your cfw. you can either update to GEN-D3 Final or like me to 5.00M33-6 - that's something you can figure out. i will double check over the weekend as to exactly how remote play feature works on my cfw...

another thing to look into maybe - usbhostfs and nethostfs in combination with IRshell to playback video files on the PSP using data stored on a PC with wifi network, etc... though i am having some issues with nethostfs...
    TA-081 (neur0n 6.60ME v1.8) + TA-085v2 (neur0n 6.60ME v1.6) + Brite (OFW5.03) + PSP-Go + Phat PS3 40GB/FW3.15 + PlayTV

NDS Lite + DSi

iPod Touch 1G/16GB 3.1.3JB + iPod Touch 4G/32GB 4.2.1JB

MSI Wind U100/2gb ram/500 gb hdd/WinXP Pro SP 3/Ubuntu 12.04 LTS

Q6600/Foxconn Mars P35/4 GB DDR2/8800GTS-512/Vista +

Acer A500 + HTC IC + Acer5750G/Win7

Senior Member PSP Elite Hacker Kaikz's Avatar
    Remote Play isn't anything special...

Senior Asshole PSP Elite Hacker cowboycalstar's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by iPenguin2 View Post
    Remote Play isn't anything special...
    neither is your cp, or as your parents call it, your yearbook

come to the chat, i ish no can sleep

I didn't do anything to get my account suspended. That's just some random error message it sends back when I try to log in to remote play.. not matter what password I type or whoever's account is used.

For the guys that wrote in here.. can you clarify if remote play does work for your with your current version of cfw?

Member PSP User
    Remote play lets you play PS1 games using the PSP, but so can most CFW.
    If it's only for remote play, don't do it.
    My nickname is Fivel.
    Yea, that is a mouse's name.
    Big whoop, wanna fight about it?