Thread: Snes9xTYL 0.4.2 error

1. #1 Snes9xTYL 0.4.2 error 
    Ok, total noob here. I'm sure the question has been answered before, but if so, it's in terms that I'm not familiar with. I have a slim with 5.00 M33-6 on which I'm attempting to run Snes9xTYL 0.4.2. The app shows up in my games list, but when I "click" on it, it goes to the white PSP logo load screen then give the following error: "The game could not be started. (8002014C). I have 3 folders in the x:\PSP\GAME game directory -- ROMS (I read a thread here that said the app reads the ROMS better if the ROM folder is in the Game dir), snes9xTYL, and snes9xTYL%.

I'm sure there's something I'm doing wrong. I bought this unit with the CFW already installed and working, so I'm not sure about any settings or other information, nor how to find that info. So I guess I'm asking for someone to explain this to me like I'm a 5-year-old

Thanks in advance.

The King Of Chinatown PSP Elite Hacker Geek's Avatar
    you have the version meant for firmware 1.5 head to the emulation section and check the sticky.

I'm not a pirate. I am a 21st century Che liberating files from the capitalist overlords.
    How to check if you can mod your PSP

Thanks MZ for a sleek sig!

Administrator PSP Elite Hacker admin's Avatar
    try dropping the emulator in to the following folder \PSP\GAME150 or PSP\GAME\GAME150 cant remember exactly which one it is
    PSPMOD Administrator : Useful Links Below

PSPMOD Guides : Downloads : ChatRoom : Free PSP Downloads

Senior Member PSP Elite Hacker goku2778's Avatar
    try this one...
    SNES PSP Emulator, PSP SNES Emulator, Super Famicom, PSP Hacks - PSP Slim Hacks

you are correct though with placing the roms folder, for some reason that snes emulator won't see the roms folder when it's placed in the snes folder.
    [CENTER]

thanks goku2778. I grabbed Euphoria r2.1 and it runs like a top with the 1 ROM I've tested.

admin -- I tried both of the options you suggested and it always showed up as corrupted data, so I gave up.

Thanks for all of your replies.

Senior Member PSP Elite Hacker goku2778's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by JustChico View Post
    thanks goku2778. I grabbed Euphoria r2.1 and it runs like a top with the 1 ROM I've tested.

admin -- I tried both of the options you suggested and it always showed up as corrupted data, so I gave up.

Thanks for all of your replies.
    that's because any folders in the game150 folder will show like that unless you're using 1.5 or 1.5 kernelled cfw...D3 cannot do that
    [CENTER]

perhaps I spoke too soon. Now everything runs WAYYYY too fast. I've tried monkeying around with the settings, but nothing changes. Is there a certain way I have to hold my mouth when changing the settings in order for them to stay put?

Senior Member PSP Elite Hacker
    What I don't understand is the fact that you are using the 1.5 kernel. Just use the one with out the % and drop that in your game folder.

Change the clock speed