Thread: Difficulties with new phat PSP.

1. #1 Difficulties with new phat PSP. 
    Trying to hack a phat PSP I just purchased, and I'm having some difficulties.

I purchased a pandora battery and a magic memory stick. The instructions told me that I had to make sure my pandora battery was at least 70% charged. I've made several attempts to charge it; when I do, the orange light stays on for a short period of time (anywhere from about 60 seconds to 20 minutes), then it goes off and the green light starts flashing. This happens every time I insert the battery with the charger attached. Without the charger, I just get the flashing green light.

If I take the battery out altogether and just try to turn the PSP on with the A/C adapter, the green light flashes on for a split second, then immediately goes off. The PSP doesn't boot. Nothing else happens. Same result if I try it with a normal battery. I've also tried it with a regular memory stick and with no memory stick at all, to no avail.

I assume I've somehow managed to brick the thing, but I'm not sure how I'm supposed to fix that when I can't even get the pandora battery to work. Any ideas?

Senior Member PSP Elite Hacker goku2778's Avatar
    you bought this off of someone?? and was it doing this right away before you even attempted the pandora???
    [CENTER]

It wasn't like that to begin with, no; only once I tried the pandora/mms did it start acting up.

Also, just tried the same pandora/mms on a different (working) PSP and it seems to be working, so presumably the battery IS charged after all.

no one else posted to this guy???

sounds like a power supply issue then...what type of psp is the other one that you tried it on??
    [CENTER]

They're both 1003 phats.

ok, well then try to hack the other psp 1000 with that pandora and mms to make sure it really works...also, what happens when you swap the batteries from the good 1 to the bad 1? same shit?
    [CENTER]

Yep, I can definitely hack the other PSP without any problems. Swapping the batteries does nothing; still won't switch on regardless of what's in there.

I also tried making a new mms with a different stick, but that didn't accomplish anything. I still just get the flashing green light when I put the pandora battery in. Tried holding the trigger buttons, tried holding the OTHER buttons just in case; no luck.

it's hardware then...hit up el guapo on here
    [CENTER]

L
    I'll be glad to look at it for you Bork. No guarantee I can fix it but I'll try to diagnose what the problem is and offer the least expensive fix for it if it can be fixed