Thread: Jailbreak Questions?

1. #1 Jailbreak Questions? 
    Hello everyone I have a couple of questions for you all!

1. Okay so I jailbreaked my PSP and plan on using it to run homebrew, run emulators, and to even run free games. My question is can you get banned from PSN for modding the PSP? I know you can if mod the PS3 but I'm wondering if you could since the system is old?

2. Japanese games could we play them if we have a jailbroken PSP will the games be able to play? Also is it possible to translate a game from Japanese to English if we decide to make a English patch for it? If so how would I do it? Is there any tutorials on how to make a English patch for a Japanese game?

I do have a PSP 1000 series so its an older model.. ^.^

Rated: CERO Z PSP Elite Hacker
    Quote Originally Posted by 31IT3INV4SI0N View Post
    My question is can you get banned from PSN for modding the PSP? I know you can if mod the PS3 but I'm wondering if you could since the system is old?
    No, they have no way of detecting it and besides that, the PS Store is closed for the PSP anyway. It isn't supported anymore.

Japanese games could we play them if we have a jailbroken PSP will the games be able to play?
    Yes, absolutely. No problem at all. An unmodded PSP can play Japanese games (from UMD) because the PSP is not region-locked.

Also is it possible to translate a game from Japanese to English if we decide to make a English patch for it? If so how would I do it? Is there any tutorials on how to make a English patch for a Japanese game?
    First thing you'll need is a thorough knowledge of Japanese. There is a team working on a translation for Genso Suikoden I+II. A translation for Final Fantasy Type-0 is available. Never done it, don't know how to apply the patch but I'm certain you'll need a program that can compile/decompile PSP ISOs. UMDGEN 4.00 can do this.
    Last edited by Slowman; 11-01-2014 at 09:50 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Slowman View Post
    No, they have no way of detecting it and besides that, the PS Store is closed for the PSP anyway. It isn't supported anymore.

Yes, absolutely. No problem at all. An unmodded PSP can play Japanese games (from UMD) because the PSP is not region-locked.

First thing you'll need is a thorough knowledge of Japanese. There is a team working on a translation for Genso Suikoden I+II. A translation for Final Fantasy Type-0 is available. Never done it, don't know how to apply the patch but I'm certain you'll need a program that can compile/decompile PSP ISOs. UMDGEN 4.00 can do this.
    I'm currently learning Japanese and getting quite well at it but I would like to make English patches for myself so I could read it at ease if that makes sense. Also for other people of course so people with no knowledge of Japanese can also enjoy the game. I was just wondering if it could be done so I could start researching into it. I know you could extract iso's with a lot of different software one of them being PowerISO.

4. #4 possible 
    Quote Originally Posted by 31IT3INV4SI0N View Post
    Hello everyone I have a couple of questions for you all!

1. Okay so I jailbreaked my PSP and plan on using it to run homebrew, run emulators, and to even run free games. My question is can you get banned from PSN for modding the PSP? I know you can if mod the PS3 but I'm wondering if you could since the system is old?

2. Japanese games could we play them if we have a jailbroken PSP will the games be able to play? Also is it possible to translate a game from Japanese to English if we decide to make a English patch for it? If so how would I do it? Is there any tutorials on how to make a English patch for a Japanese game?

I do have a PSP 1000 series so its an older model.. ^.^
    is it possible to jailbreak PSP? because many people won't recommend jailbreaking to any devices?