Thread: Where to put Roms in Nester???

1. #1 Where to put Roms in Nester??? 
    I am running 3.03 oe-c

I've been reading and reading and racking my brain trying to figure out where to put the nes roms to play them on nester 1.20 beta2?

1) First I put Nesterj and Nesterj% onto the game folder....right?

2) but now where do the roms go?

...a folder titled roms that I have to make but where? maybe in the game folder alone...no clue?

I was all excited when I started reading the Ultimate Emulator FAQ and it was doing great but then it just sorta ended...no explanation as to where roms go?

Any ideas anyone?

tnutz

Senior Member PSP Elite Hacker demondude777's Avatar
    Put them in the game150 folder, not the game folder.

Then drop the games in the roms folder in the non "%" forlder for nester.

June 2005 - PSP homebrewed
    August 2006 - DS homebrewed

Embrace diversity.....play both handhelds the way they weren't meant to be played!

Quote Originally Posted by demondude777
    I am now your love cleric.

Senior Member I Modded My PSP texas713's Avatar
    you place the roms in the nesterj folder. you don't need to make a "roms" file unless you want to enter another directory. but yeah that's just taking up space and who wants that?

At first I was afraid...I was petrified...wondering how I could live without 3.03oe-c by my side. But then I remembered 3.40oe-a had it all, and I was in awe!
    The mythical 4gb Memstick of Power!
    Black US PSP. 2.71>3.03>1.5>3.03oe-C(The Godking of the Custom FW's)>3.40oe-a (I stand corrected!) TA-82
    Faceplate History: Black>Green w/ White Buttons

demondude777 it just seems so strange to me what you are asking. putting roms for my nes in the game150 folder and then dragging that to the non% nesterfolder? I tried it and I lost my snes emulator for a bit until i changed it back....Isn't my snes emulator supposed to be in my game150 folder? Snes emulator works perfectly by the way.

Texas713 It sounds to me like what you are saying is the closest to what I have heard. Putting roms in the non %nesterj folder but I've tried the crap out of it...and nothing. Even renamed the extension on the end to .nes

So again here's what I've done. I've downloaded the Nesterj emulator 1.20aplha. Unzipped it to my desktop and then grabbed nesterj and nesterj% and placed them into psp/game. Next I took a random nes rom titled "1943.nes" and placed it into the NON%nesterj folder.....now the roms sits along with SAVE, STATE, Debug, Eboot.pbp, famicom (dat file), MENU, a NESTERJ (outlook file) in the NON%nesterj folder titled "NesterJ"

That's where I'm at.....I must be doing something wrong but don't know what?? Again I'm on 3.03 oe-c

Any suggestions?

Thanks,
    tnutz

Senior Member PSP Elite Hacker HALOBOY's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by tnutz
    demondude777 it just seems so strange to me what you are asking. putting roms for my nes in the game150 folder and then dragging that to the non% nesterfolder? I tried it and I lost my snes emulator for a bit until i changed it back....Isn't my snes emulator supposed to be in my game150 folder? Snes emulator works perfectly by the way.

Texas713 It sounds to me like what you are saying is the closest to what I have heard. Putting roms in the non %nesterj folder but I've tried the crap out of it...and nothing. Even renamed the extension on the end to .nes

So again here's what I've done. I've downloaded the Nesterj emulator 1.20aplha. Unzipped it to my desktop and then grabbed nesterj and nesterj% and placed them into psp/game. Next I took a random nes rom titled "1943.nes" and placed it into the NON%nesterj folder.....now the roms sits along with SAVE, STATE, Debug, Eboot.pbp, famicom (dat file), MENU, a NESTERJ (outlook file) in the NON%nesterj folder titled "NesterJ"

That's where I'm at.....I must be doing something wrong but don't know what?? Again I'm on 3.03 oe-c

Any suggestions?

Thanks,
    tnutz
    You can put roms in the NesterJ->STATE folder or make a new one called ROMS and put them in there but also remember u can acess them through nesterj's directory so as long a you can find a folder to put them in that works u can acess them by the directory.I put them in STATE folder.
    2.60>2.71>1.5>3.03OE-C>Semibrick>1.5>3.03OE-C>3.40 OE-A>REFLASH>3.40-HALO>1.5>3.40-HALO
    Have 3.40 OE-A?SHOW US! edited9/25/07 http://www.pspmod.com/forums/digital...ions-here.html
    Custom Halo PSP

PSPz Hacked:6 Bricks:1 Semibricks:3 Pandora Revives:2

I tried putting the roms in the state folder and still nothing?

Ok here is what's bothering me if you look back at this thread? How come now I'm being told to put roms in three/four different places by three different forum users? Isn't there one place for NES roms when using NesterJ?

Just so everyone knows, I'm running 3.03 oe-c and I'm using NesterJ 1.20alpha.

When I first downloaded NesterJ I got a bunch of other folders like docs, 1.0 and a famicom file...are they used for anything?

Please help

Thanks,

tnutz

I FINALLY GOT IT WITH HELP FROM CHINESE PEOPLE!!!

Now I'm sure most of you are going to say that's what I said...however, FOR ME and my noob head this is just how I needed it phrased. Buuuut you might agree with me that the examples I was give were all somewhat different??? No offense to anyone!! 2 down (snes and nes) 1 (ISO's) to go..then I'll be as happy as hell with the three things I wanted to accomplish with a psp mod.

This was a message sent to me from forum member "chinese people".

Quote Originally Posted by chinese people
    take the 2 Nester J folders. you should have a folder called GAME150 next to game, video, music, etc. if its not make it. now put the 2 Nestert J folders in there. then open up the nester j folder withought the % sign. and there should be a folder called ROM if there isnt then make one. then put the roms in there.

tnuts