Thread: PSP Gamecube emulation

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
  1. #1 PSP Gamecube emulation 
    Junior Member PSP User
    Hey everyone,

I'm now getting into looking at emulators. Some of my kids favorite games are on game cube. They have Xbox, xbox360, NDS, Game cube, PS2 and now PSP. They are younger and like the GC games.

So my question is do they have a GC emulator or do I need find the types of games Im looking for on another system such as NDS and run that emulation?

My second questions is before I go any further because i do not want to violate site rules. Is discussion of how to rip ISO files from games you already own allowed here or is that prohibited. I know you cant talk about piracy but I wasnt sure if this would apply as I already own the game I'm trying to get. If it isnt allowed please just disregard this part of the question and please let me know about the original question on emulation.

Im running CFW 3.80M33 on a PSP slim.
    Last edited by cmb7684; 02-02-2008 at 04:35 PM.

Senior Member PSP Elite Hacker DarkFoxSniper's Avatar
    1:I'm almost positive that there is no GameCube emulator for the PSP.

2:You can ask about ripping games just not downloading them.

The easiest way to rip an ISO of a UMD is by going on the PSP main menu(XMB) pressing Select till a small menu pops up and changing the USB Mode to UMD Disk.Then plug in USB cable and enter UMD mode a just copy ISO over to PC..

Quote Originally Posted by iedwardsIII
    In the words of DFS, go die.

PSP Motherboard F.A.Q. Coldboot Tutorial

Junior Member PSP User
    Cool...I will keep looking but thanks for the reply ...Do you know if there is a specific reason there is not a GC emulator? Guess ill have to check into NDS emulation.

Member PSP User
    I think its because of the power required. From what I've read, the Gamecube was on par if not more advanced than the PS2. Hard to believe, I know, but I think its because of the shitty titles (for the most part), stupid decision to use the small disc, etc. which is why you never really saw the potential that was there...

Senior Member PSP Elite Hacker
    Quote Originally Posted by squee View Post
    I think its because of the power required. From what I've read, the Gamecube was on par if not more advanced than the PS2. Hard to believe, I know, but I think its because of the shitty titles (for the most part), stupid decision to use the small disc, etc. which is why you never really saw the potential that was there...
    I agree with you 100%.i bought a gamecube and played it for bout 4 days, from then on its sat in my closet and collected dust.

It was the lack of good titles that brought that system down.

Quote Originally Posted by Darkheart13
    PWNED BICH DONT EVEN ATTEMP TO MAKE AN INSULT..
    [!]

psp can hardly run N64. there will NEVER be a gamecube, ps2, or xbox emulator. i bought a gamcube then sold it, missed it, and re bought it, then sold it again. mario sunshine, luigis mansion, mario kart double dash, and Zelda WW were the only games i played on it.
    Last edited by Sullivan; 02-02-2008 at 05:36 PM.

Senior Member PSP Elite Hacker VeryThinPSP's Avatar
    I thought there were alot of good titles for the Gamecube. There was just more good titles on the other systems. Two of my favorite games for the Gamecube were Mario Kart Double Dash and The Legend of Zelda Windwaker. I still play Double Dash all of the time with groups of friends. There were alot of other good games as well.
    3.60>3.71 M33-2>3.71 M33-3>SOLD!>3.60>3.71 M33-2>3.71 M33-3>SOLD!

8 Billion dollars wasted. Increased federal spending led to increased use.Time to stop?
    Very Funny STUFF FOR SALE!
    PWND! FREE PSP!
    R.I.P. MIDIAN

Senior Member PSP Elite Hacker adam's Avatar
    mario power tennis was lots of fun
    YOU THINK BEGINNER SHOULD BE MOD!?http://www.pspmod.com/forums/firmwar...some-help.html Think AGAIN!
    READ THIS THREAD!

Follow this thread to earn some free stuff w/o a credit card!
    http://www.pspmod.com/forums/off-top...-refferal.html

Senior Member I Modded My PSP sam31183's Avatar
    the gamecube is a great system for getting drunk with 3 of your friends and playing games together on it. Good games for this kind of activity include time splitters, mario party, and smash brothers just to name a few.
    CFW 3.90 M33-2 Star Wars Renegade Squadron Slim

3.xx Emulator Pack for Slim
    http://www.pspmod.com/forums/emulati...ator-pack.html

Junior Member PSP User
    well maybe lucky enough I found the same game I was looking for in GBA so guess ill have to start checking to see if this is a possible way ..thanks guys

Junior Member PSP User
    Resident Evil 4 looked better on GC than it did on the PS2 version that came out a year later. The GC is more powerful than PS2 and emulating systems is very inefficient. The PSP wouldn't have near the power required to do GC games. It can barley do N64 games for crying out loud!

Senior Member PSP Elite Hacker canadianbacon's Avatar
    maybe is the psp could run GC/PS2 games natively like the ps1 it could POSSIBLY run it, not well, plus you need a 4GB stick for each game basically.

psp couldn't run the xbox1 though.

but don't ever expect emulators for them.

Junior Member PSP User
    why would any hardware in the PSP be similar to the GC? They are completely different hardware types and programming. PS2 has PS1 hardware in it so emulation is easy. Most PS3s even have PS2 hardware in them but the new ones don't. The PS3 is so many times more powerful than a PS2 so software emulation is fine too. The PSP is no more powerful than a GC or PS2 or Xbox it's actually somewhat less powerful than all these systems and emulation requires extra power to convert everything. Depending on how differant the hardware is (CPU types, GPU types, memory systems and sound systems etc) really sometimes you need 3-5 times the power of a system to emulate it well with software.
    Last edited by MN12BIRD; 02-07-2008 at 03:19 AM.

"The following are the basics of the Gamecube specs:

CPU: 128-bit custom IBM Gekko PowerPC (485MHz)

GPU: ATI Flipper (162MHz)

Graphics: Chip developed by NEC

RAM: 24MB 1T-SRAM, 16MB DRAM

Colors: 16.7 million on screen

Polygons: 20 million per second

Game Media: 1.5GB 8cm optical disk developed by Matsushita/Panasonic

Resolution: 640x480 pixels

Sound: 16-bit Macronix DSP Sound Processo"

There is no way this will ever happen. Ever. People dont realize that the gamecube was more powerful than the PS2. It didnt get used, but the power was there.
    The discs arent a problem. A UMD holds 1.8gb if i remember correctly so a umd rip would be about the same as a GC rip.
    The psp is a powerful little guy, but its not that good. We'd get closer to seeing Dreamcast emulation.
    Not to mention that a GC emulator for pc hasnt been perfected yet. If there were i would put it on my ps3.
    Very funny....not.

Junior Member PSP User
    Gamecube games looked way better than PS2 games. Just look at RE4 comparison screens. Also, it had plenty of great games, everyone just overlooked the system because it didn't have "GTA DURR HURR". Smash Bros. Melee is possibly my favourite game of all time and anyone who says Mario Sunshine sucked must have only played it for five minutes. Wind Waker was awesome, and there was nothing wrong with the graphical style.

These days everyone tries too hard to be some kind of "Bad-Ass Gangster Tough Guy" and Nintendo systems are too "childish" for them. It's pretty sad since I'm sure many of them grew up playing Mario and just abandoned it to look "cool".

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast