Thread: I have some confusion to unconfuse

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
  1. #1 I have some confusion to unconfuse 
    I have been reading around for about a week and a half now trying to figure out if I can play PSX games just with the m33 CFW. I have heard alot about pops loader and I don't want to add anymore onto my mem card then what I need. So can you play PSX games with just the m33 CFW? Or would I need to put on popsloader or what.

And I don't know if I put this in the right thread so please move it to where you seem fit.

Senior Member PSP Elite Hacker
    you can play psx games with the firmware itself but some games dont always work well, which is where popsloader comes in.
    Very funny....not.

Thanks, I wished I would have asked here first. lol. So do I just get an EBOOT and try it or do I need to do something more to it?

Senior Member I Modded My PSP
    You can either make an eboot using Popstation or one of it's easier-to-use GUI variants, or you can download a pre-converted file from the net. I am not condoning downloading games you don't own, but if you are not familiar with the conversion process, this may be easier. None of the users here can direct you to locating any games on the net, however, without violating board rules.

Once you have an eboot.pbp of a game, and potentially a keys.bin and document.dat file (not necessarily required), you just copy them to a folder in your PSP/GAME directory

For example:
    E:/PSP/GAME/FF7/eboot.pbp
    E:/PSP/GAME/FF7/keys.bin

It should then show up on the XMB's Game list. This will work on any custom firmware 3.03 OE-C and up. (Yes, I know 3.02 had it, all you know-it-alls, but there were format changes at 3.03 OE-C )

^^ Thats basically all you need to know.

What cfw are you on, dragon?
    Very funny....not.

I am on 3.90 m33-3 (I am the person who likes being up to date). I got it on there and it started working untill I select new game then it just stops. My psp doesn't freeze it just stops loading, I can push home and everything. Then I remembered what the first reply said "some games don't work with the m33 cfw that is where popsloader comes in." I downloaded it and installed it, but the same thing happens.

Any ideas

edit:I forgot to mention that I also got the keys.bin file and put it into the same folder as the game
    Last edited by dragon_zero101; 06-04-2008 at 02:49 PM.

the best firmware for psx games in 3.71. Use popsloader to use the 371 pops and it should work better.
    Very funny....not.

ok I just installed popsloader again but for cfw 3.71 and it still did the same thing. I am almost wondering if it is a corrupted file or something. Because I have been watching the little MS light and after I select new game it waits for about 5 seconds (maybee a bit less) and it blinks once and never again. Then when I hit home the go back to the game it blinks like mad for 3 seconds then stops.

WOW!!!! I GOT IT TO WORK!!!! (yes I was yelling, but in excitement) lol. Thank you guys for helping me, you guys rock. I just didn't realize if you hold R while booting the psx game it will go into that little menu thing that has all of the cfw. I just read that over at pspiso. Wow now I feel stupid. lol. But like I said you guys rock, and thank you so much, I really do appreciate it.

Senior Member I Modded My PSP phunetik's Avatar
    This just worked for me too!!! Awesome.

Uh, just to let you guys know, Popsloader is just a loader, it doesn't contain the actual POPS files, which you have to extract from the PSP Original Firmware update eboots using PSARDumper, so if you just stuck Popsloader on there with none of the actual POPS files and actually saw some sort of difference, it's probably a bit of a fluke. Just letting you know!

The place that I got popsloader the person already compiled all of the .prx's that I need.....Or at least that is what he said. When I start looking in the folders it has about 20 .prx's or more.....maybee less I am to lazy to count but there is quite a bit.

Alright, I was just checking. There just seems to be some confusion with new users of the POPSLoader plugin when it comes to realizing that just because a list is there doesn't mean you've got the files.

I'd verify by looking at the list of files that are there just to check which versions you have, because those are the only ones on the list that will work. You can tell which is which by the three numbers on the end of the files.

Glad you've done it successfully!

Senior Member I Modded My PSP phunetik's Avatar
    yeah, mine has a whole list of the pops when I hold r. thats what you mean right?

The list will show up in complete form if you've got Popsloader running whether you have those versions of POPS installed or not. Because the whole list always shows, some new users believe that it is a list of what is actually available, though that is not the case. If the accompanying files for POPs aren't in the Popsloader folder, those entries on the list simply don't work.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast