Thread: Quick PSX2PSP Quesetion (Mult-Disc)

1. #1 Quick PSX2PSP Quesetion (Mult-Disc) 
    Junior Member PSP User vietknight243's Avatar
    Quick question, how do you convert multiple PSX Isos into one PBP?
    I'm using v1.4

EX:
    Final Fantasy games on the PSX are notorious for being multi-disc

take, for example, FF8
    4 discs. after ripping them with daemon tools, i end up with four iso files. i know how to convert each one into individual PBP's with working saves, but how do you make one BIG PBP with all the discs in one? thanks in advance

by the way, does anyone know what the best fw to use with FF8 is? i heard 3.60 or 3.40 but i wanted to confirm
    Bought a slim for 169.99--->OFW 3.71---->OFW 3.80---->(cue lights and choir)PANDORA'S BATTERY!---->3.71 m33-2--->3.80 m33-5 ^_^b---->stolen...yup thats right S-T-O-L-E-N!--->grudgingly paid for another one (169.99 down the drain...again)3.80ofw---->pandora's again---->3.90m33-2

Yo if you have an xfire: tensai_hitsugaya<---thats me

Just do a search for the program RS-GUI PopStationMD just load each ISO and it will make you a eboot.pbp file. I think I used 3.71 and didnt run into any problems.

Senior Member PSP Mad Hacker
    Use a prgam called icetea to convert .iso to eboot & use any key.bin file you have & multi disks use popsloader.For your multi disks just make sure you use the same code when making your eboots as for making .pbp files,sometimes simplicity is the way to go.here is pops.
    http://www.pspmod.com/forums/custom-...-3-90-m33.html
    Last edited by davewill; 06-26-2008 at 09:15 AM.

Senior Member PSP Mad Hacker mrbob3's Avatar
    I have syphon filter 2. The 1st disc loads fine as a single eboot, ive used the method on here plus a command line gui version and they both fail. They load and when the main title screen SHOULD come up it just stays black and the menu beep is heard.

Is there a way to use 2 eboots instead of meging as one?

thanks

Senior Member I Modded My PSP
    You CAN do this PSX2PSP. When you select the game to covert click on the drop down again for each disk and select the next Item on the drop down.

It should say "ISO/PBP File 2 - No File Selected" choose that to select disc two... rinse and repeat for each disc.
    It will automatically set the each to the same Game ID for save purposes.

@mrbob3
    Yes, there is they just have to both be given the same game ID (If disc ones is SLUS-1000 and two's is SLUS-1001 then set it to SLUS-1000 when you make the second eboot. So it will recognize the game save info.) You may have to find a Game ID that works for both discs. Look here for that: PSX on PSP Compatibility List - TheGamersPress
    Last edited by Kreationz; 10-22-2008 at 01:03 AM.
    My PSP: Slim CFW 5.50 Gen-D3 w/Prometheus-4 patch
    My Wife's PSP: FAT CFW 5.00 M33-3

Thanks for the info. I have PAL syphon filter 2.

On RS-GUI PopStationMD, i select the discs and then select game ID. It only lets me choose 1 code. The pal version has 2 diff codes. I can only choose 1 code (which assigns to both discs) the 1st code is SCES02285 and the other is SCES02288. Both codes and for disc 1 and disc 2 respectivly.

I have tried both codes for discs 1 and 2 in both RS-GUI PopStationMD and impaler and the game freezes just after the 989 studios splash screen. The screen goes black on the main menu and a select press button loops.

Im sorry i didnt understand your advice as both discs have the same ID so i cant change between codes. It assigns 1 code for both discs. You say when you make the second eboot. I only make 1 big one so i dont undertand that either.

I press go and it merges both discs as a 1gb file.

help!

Mmm just been experimenting and when i load the iso into a virtual drive it seems disc 1 is 02285 and disc 2 is 12285 Soooo i have made both discs into eboot and made sure both ID`s are 02285. THEN load them into impaler (the only once that supports eboots) and i guess once merged they will be ok?

fingers crossed

Ive tried it with metal gear solid and syphon filter, on xp and vista and i get an unhandled exeption in the output window using impaler. Rui [popstation only works with iso`s and theres no way to change the sles codes on them so i am truly stuck here lol

Senior Member I Modded My PSP
    PSX2PSP works on Vista and you don't have to use 2 pieces of software in order to use it.
    My PSP: Slim CFW 5.50 Gen-D3 w/Prometheus-4 patch
    My Wife's PSP: FAT CFW 5.00 M33-3