Like Tree1Likes

Thread: Exploiting Final Fantasy

Page 1 of 10 123 ... LastLast
  1. #1 Exploiting Final Fantasy 
    Senior Member PSP Elite Hacker cheema201's Avatar
    Hey guys i have decided to post a few codes for FF7, 8 and 9. I will be starting with some codes for 7 and working through the other games as time goes on.. Many codes will not be added to this guide (as they are easy to find or will already be on ur cheat database)

First of all you are going to need to get a hold of CWcheat in order to get things started.
    CWCHEAT Download Center
    from here you can grab the latest version (or the most popular)

also go into CWcheat db tools and download the database editor.

make sure that you install CWcheat correctly.

CWcheat is a plugin and should be placed in the seplugins folder on the root of your PSP. Inside ur seplugins folder there should be a text document called 'pops.txt' this line should be added to that document. "ms0:/seplugins/cwcheat/cwcheatpops.prx" (it is the pops version of CWcheat that we are interested in as FF7, 8 and 9 are all PSX games)

this is wat my CWcheat folder looks like which is inside my seplugins folder on my PSP

If you are still having problems installing CWcheat then please consult a guide.
    Here is a guide which was supplied to me by Fresh88 GUIDE: Install CWCHEAT and Make Cwcheat Codes (some of the parts in this guide discuss coding but of psp games, not psx. So do not confuse yourself)

after it is installed on your PSP you will be able to start using CWcheat by holding down the select button while in game for about 4 seconds to bring up the CWcheat menu.

Now we are going to add our own codes. In order to do that you need to use the CWcheat Database Editor (the one we downloaded before).
    Once you have opened the database editor go to file and then selext 'Open database' on the drop down menu. from there you want to browse your computer for where you placed ur copy of cwcheats and find this file 'cheatpops.db'

After you have opened the database you will be able to edit it at your own will (make sure you are using the pops editor and not the standard editor, if you can not add codes because you are receiving an error then go to configuration and change to pops mode)

In order to add codes you can right click and choose the option 'Add Game', 'Add Codename', Or 'Add Code'. I will go into a little more detail when we are actually adding codes. So lets get to it with a couple of codes.
    ---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Final Fantasy 7 (NTSC)

Golden Saucer Codes:

Never Miss in Superdunk
    30075E3F 000D

In SUPERDUNK you have to hold down O for the right amount of time to make a successful shot. When you press O a "timer" begins, that counts quickly from 0 to F. If you hit it from 0-C you miss short, if you hit F you go long. Only D and E count as successful. D is a "swish" while E hits the backboard. Only in the "DOUBLE CHANCE" does it change. If you hit D or E it hits the backboard (maybe to bring suspense haha). So this works with either D or E at the end. Depending on whether you wish for a swish or backboard shot.

Superdunk Automatic Shooting (weird)
    80075E3D 0101

This will make cloud continue to shoot without pressing O. After 10 shots you hit "DOUBLE CHANCE" where you need to press O to continue.

Superdunk Award GP (Useless code but might aswell post)
    30075E25 00xx

I'm sure there exists a 16bit code for this, but I don't care enough to make it. Place a number at the end and that will be your award for Superdunk (even if you miss your first shot)

Speed Square Coaster BROOOOOOOM
    300D1C5C 007F

Everyone knows this game. You shoot at ghosts and balloons and other things. When you hold O your power diminishes - not anymore. 7F counts as just below full bar 80 counts as full (if you use 80 the sound of the shot may not initiate)

Materia Codes:

Well. In FF7 there is all this talk about two materias (the black materia and holy) unfortunately you never get to use them - now you can!

Changing Comet to Black materia - Comet2 to Meteor
    8006857E 4C22
    80068580 4341
    80068582 FF4B
    80066104 4C22
    80066106 4341
    30066108 004B
    80066BC2 452D
    80066BC4 4554
    80066BC6 524F
    30066BC8 00FF
    30070DD0 00FF
    30070DDB 00FF
    30070DDF 004F

This will enable you to use Meteor instead of Comet2. I have made this magic EXTREMELY overpowered, just for the use of fun. If your magic stat is high enough this has a maximum damage of 789,921 (the game will not register this but the enemies will die). Making it by far the most powerful magic in the game. Unfortunately I believed that MP cost was a 16bit value, if it is then it has eluded me and therefore I could only make the MP cost 255 and not 999 as I had hoped. As this is so overly powerful the game does not register that it has obliterated pretty much everything in its path (the monsters do not show their death graphic, the battle simply ends with them standing there dead and you victorious) I may modify in future if I find a way around this.

Changing Ultima into Holy
    300685AB 0028
    800685AC 4C4F
    800685AE FF59
    30066BED 0028
    80066BEE 4C4F
    80066BF0 FF59
    80066154 4F28
    80066156 594C
    80066158 5FB3
    8006615A 414D
    8006615C 4947
    8006615E FF43
    30070E81 00BC
    80070E82 2024
    3007367C 0008

This will change ultima to holy. The effect of holy I have tried to keep consistent with its belief in the game. That it will kill those that are "bad" for the planet. Therefore I have made its effect to kill (no more, no less). It will take away the exact amount of hp that the target has. If it has 1200 HP it will do 1200 damage. I haven't tested it on enemies with more than 9999HP. Also I have changed the graphic to that of "Aero 3", and added the holy element to the materia (I have not added a holy element to the attack but can do so if it is wanted). I have kept the casting cost the same, 130.

Now these two materia codes are quite big. But you only need to use them once! Turn on the codes, use both materia in battle, save the game, you shouldn't need them turned on again.

Battle Codes:

In Battle Limit Gain
    D0062D78 0014 (L1 and triangle)
    800F5E6A 00FF (Player 1)
    D0062D78 0084 (L1 and square)
    800F5E9E 00FF (Player 2)
    D0062D78 0044 (L1 and X)
    800F5ED2 00FF (Player 3)

In Battle Lucky 7
    D0062D78 0018 (R1 and triangle)
    800F840C 1E61 (Player 1)
    D0062D78 0088 (R1 and Square)
    800F8474 1E61 (Player 2)
    D0062D78 0048 (R1 and X)
    800F84DC 1E61 (Player 3)

For the lucky 7 code to work you need to have your maximum HP above 7777. otherwise using this code will simply replenish your HP.

Notice that there are two different types of codes here. One type starting with D and the other with 8. the codes starting with D are joker/activation codes. meaning that the codes will only be activated when certain buttons are pressed. I have written the buttons next to the codes in order for the codes to be activated.

In order to add these codes to your database you must use the database editor and add them individually. So open your database editor and find FF7 (for some reason in mine it is located after the game "zero divide" so i simply open my editor and hit 'z' and it takes me to "zero divide" and from there i go down to FF7), once you have found FF7 you can click on the little plus sign to view the codes already assigned to the game.. From here you should right click on the title of the game (Final Fantasy VII) and choose "Add Codename" then type 'In Battle Limit Gain'. after you have done that you should go down and find ur new code name 'In Battle Limit Gain'. Then right click and choose "Add Code" then add the first code D0062D78 0014 and then right and add the next code 800F5E6A 00FF. The codes must go in the order i have designated or they will not work properly.

Here is another random code for you to add if you wish

Cloud wield Masamune
    3009C754 007F

This code will allow cloud to use the Masamune (Sephiroth's sword). Cloud can equip the sword but as there is no graphical images of him using the sword, it seems as if he is simply using the buster sword. However the sound and power of the Masamune remains. If you would like to equip Cloud with another sword you will need to turn the code off.

Rematch Emerald
    80116274 03D8

Rematch Ruby
    80116274 03D6

Rematch Bizzaro Sephiroth
    80116274 0390 (still in testing)

Rematch Safer Sephiroth
    80116274 039C (still in testing)

Rematch Final Sephiroth
    80116274 039F (still in testing)

These two codes will allow you to repeat the two famous boss battles from FF7 as many times as you wish. So you can verse Emerald and Ruby multiple times with a different set up and tactics. In order for these codes to work only one can be activated at a time. Once the code is activated you simply need to encounter a random battle (however the battle will not be random as we have selected who we want to encounter!). If there are any other battles that people would like to rematch (perhaps the turks, jenova, or even sephiroth) then request the battle and i will post it.
    Also do not try these codes on the first cd! it is a good idea to wait until you are actually 'allowed' to verse these two weapons before using the codes (for on the first cd it may freeze the game). Again if you use the codes before you have a chance to verse the weapons properly then they will never appear on the world map (as the game checks if you have won the battle and then erases Ruby and Emerald from the world map). So it is a good idea to verse them (and beat them haha) before you attempt a rematch (try to make the rematch as challenging as possible!).

USO Option
    D0062D78 002C (R1, L1 and circle)
    30049450 000B (option 11 USO)
    D0062D78 0020 (circle)
    30049450 0001 (option 1 item)

This code is possibly already in your database. however i have changed the starting joker code to use R1 and L1 as i think it is easier to remember.

The USO option is basically like a PHS (except so much better) it allows you to change players like the PHS however you can add any players you want. For example you may remember that someone rather special dies in the end of the first cd. well using the USO allows you to revive this player to use on the second and third cd. It also grants you the ability to use Sephiroth if you wish (but you must not acquire Vincent) or young cloud.

Note on using sephiroth. You will notice in your cheat database that towards the bottom there are codes which talk of controlling sephiroth. If you do not activate these codes then sephiroth will be controlled by the computer (as he was in the kalm flash back after you exit midgar), he will also be invincible. However if you turn on the "control sephiroth" codes then you will be able to control him as if he is any other player, making him mortal. It is really up to you which you would prefer, personally i would rather control him.

So how do u use the code?? it is simple. just go into ur option menu (press triangle) and hold L1, R1 and then press cirlce (you may be pushed into items as the code takes a turn to initiate, simply exit items and press circle again - like you want to re enter items - however you will be take to the USO menu). In the USO menu in order to navigate simple press left or right to change player. It is ok to play with clones in ur team (3 Clouds at a time if you wish), however in important parts of the story this may be a problem. So act wisely, for if you walk around with sephiroth, cloud and young cloud and then enter into a story changing conversation your game may freeze.

Naming Spells.

Having trouble with naming spells. Mainly because there was only enough memory allocated for the amount of letters in each name.. For example. If you would like to change Cure2 to Cura you would have no problem at all as Cure2 is 5 letters long and Cura is only 4.. However if trying to rename Cure3 to say Curaga. You will run into some problems as Curaga is 6 letters instead of 5. You can still name it Curaga, however as you have used the part of memory in the 6th slot it begins to overwrite the memory that was allocoted to that slot in the first place. In this case it would be Regen. So if you name Cure3 - Curaga. Then Regen would vanish! Well its name would anyway. It is usable in battle but will come up as a blank space.. This also counts for other various magic. For example if you name Fire3 - Firaga then you would start to overwrite Ice. and its name would also vanish. I will post the address codes for each magic along with instructions on how to change the name.. But remember that you must stay within the same amount of letters.

Address Codes for Cure, Cure2 and Cure3.

80066AA6 (Cure)
    80066AAA (Cure2) note start with FF to end Cure
    80066AB0 (Cure 3) note start with FF to end Cure2

Rename Cura and Curaga. (still in testing will delete naming of regen if used as is, if that doesn't bother you coz regen is crap then feel free to use current code. if not wait till refined)
    80066AAE FF41
    80066AB4 4741
    80066AB6 FF41

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Final Fantasy 8 (NTSC)

Play As PuPu
    30077E6C 00FF
    30077810 004C
    30077E6E 00FF

This is my all time favourite code.
    For those of you who do not remember PuPu. He is the little blue alien that you search around for in order to gain his card. He flies around in a UFO until you catch him at the original Balamb Garden site and give him a bunch of elixirs before he leaves you his card. Well now you can have him fight for you!

Here is how it works.
    YOU MUST HAVE SQUALL IN THE SECOND POSITION ON YOUR TEAM. Squall is usually placed at the head of your team however for this code to work properly he must be placed in the middle! (the reason for this is as PuPu is going to take his position and we want him in the middle). The other two players in your team are of no consequence as they will be taken out of the team and placed into your reserve. You may want to save your game before using this code as when reverting PuPu back to Squall he seems to be equiped with the 'Red Scorpion' instead of 'Lionheart' (if you had it). Of course there is a code for acquiring your beloved Lionheart back (30077811 0006) if you forget to save. Also if you forget to save do not worry too much because the weapon is the only thing to change, stats and magic seem to be the same.

When using PuPu you can only attack and use magic. Do not try and cast a GF, draw or even use an item as each of these moves will leave the battle hanging as the game attempts to do the move and fails, so you will have no option but to reset. as for using other abilities i am not sure as i have not tried them out.

Lionheart Limit
    800ED726 00A5

With this code Squall will hit Lionheart everytime he goes to do a finishing move (Rough Divide, Fated Circle, Blasting Zone and obviously Lionheart). The occurance of these finishing moves is random (there must be a code to initiate it everytime!! if only i knew it haha), and therefore when the finishing move begins it may say 'Rough Divide' when infact it means - Lionheart!! (best limit ever created and a joy to watch, so with this code i hope you will see it a lot more)
    --------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

I will add more codes to this thread soon but i just thought that I should start it up and see if people have any suggestions. Also i will not be making codes to make games just simple and easy, remember that coding is not about ease but enjoyment. If a game were simple then it would no longer hold any value.

P.S
    If anybody would like to help me in testing codes then please let me know.

Also a big thanks to all coders that have helped me with coding.
    There is too many to name, but you all know who you are.. Thanks again
    Last edited by cheema201; 03-09-2011 at 11:50 AM.
    Tutorial
    Popsloader Installation guide
    Step by Step Popsloader installation guide

Pandora for all PSP lovers.. this is wat we have been waiting for
    Pandora Linux Handheld

Interested in having a little fun with the Final Fantasy games? Check out my code thread
    Exploiting Final Fantasy

Final Fantasy 7 Remake
    Remake Final Fantasy 7 Petition

Quote Originally Posted by Mitochondria View Post
    Codes defeat the purpose of the games. And cwcheat does have a built in cheat searcher in some versions...though theres no macro...
    Codes create purpose for games... Many games i have customised through coding to make the experience more enjoyable or longer lasting. In many cases a game can be made harder or simply different at the coders pleasure. The codes i wish to make are for those who have exhausted the gaming pleasure in a given game and wish to explore the possibilities further.

And there is no way that your simple mind would understand how a code searcher works so do not use it or you will activate something which you should not.

Don't use codes if u don't want to, but don't preach to me about coding because u think it is only used for making games easier.
    Tutorial

Pandora Linux Handheld

Interested in having a little fun with the Final Fantasy games? Check out my code thread
    Exploiting Final Fantasy

Final Fantasy 7 Remake

Yes, my simple mind. If you havn't noticed most of the people who use cheats just make the games easier. Like the codes you posted make ff7 easier. Also the codes are pre searched for the users convenience.
    I have only just started this thread and have not posted many codes at all.. And how does a rematch against emerald and ruby weapon make the game easier??

Codes are made for having a little fun with games and changing aspects that are outside the scope of your average user. If you use codes to make games too simple then that is your own choice.
    Tutorial

Pandora Linux Handheld

Exploiting Final Fantasy

Final Fantasy 7 Remake

Senior Member I Modded My PSP Tets's Avatar
    You can argue all you want that this cheapens the experience of the games, mitochondria, but the fact is most people have already played through them once, if not multiple times, and just want to screw around with them now. This thread is for those people, not for debating the legitimacy of using cwcheat. So what if someone wants to use these codes to cheat the games? That's their loss, not yours.

Thanx Tets for ur understanding. I hope that you will have a go with some of the codes and let me know if you have any suggestions for future codes in FF7,8 or 9.

And Tets if you yourself know something about coding and would like to help it would be appreciated as i have not yet coded much of FF8. I pretty much have 7 and 9 covered but i may need help on 8
    Tutorial

Pandora Linux Handheld

Exploiting Final Fantasy

Final Fantasy 7 Remake

Senior Member I Modded My PSP Ghost_Virus's Avatar
    i have to agree, and besdies why should we care if someone else cheats, is ff7 an online game? no... ive beaten all the ff's atleast 7 times lol and each time i make my chars god, not by cheating mind you as its the making gods that i enjoy playing RPGs normally, and if anything like in suikoden 2 il exploit bugs in the game but still. after ya beat it a million times? i guess maybe you wanna try wierd thing with the game, having young cloud on your team or things like that so... GO CHEEMA201 WOOOOOOOOOO!
    Firmware > 2.70 > 2.71 > 1.5 > 3.03 oe-c>4.01 m33-2

haha thanx dude. I will continue to add codes for the games... any help or suggestions will be welcome! But dont ask me how to increase ur HP or codes like that as they are easy to find and you can work them urself.. if you can think of things u'd like to do in the final fantasy games then ask me and i'll see wat i can do. I made need some help coz i am not a god but i can try things out
    Tutorial

Pandora Linux Handheld

Exploiting Final Fantasy

Final Fantasy 7 Remake

Senior Member I Modded My PSP Ghost_Virus's Avatar
    you're not a god, there goes my idol, you suck hahahah
    jokes all around
    Firmware > 2.70 > 2.71 > 1.5 > 3.03 oe-c>4.01 m33-2

how do you install this thing? :-o
    the readme is confusing .. Nowhere to be found on the internet how to use
    this ish.. dont yall have a GOOD tutorial with LINKS

I am sure that there is a simple tutorial on the internet for how to install CWcheat.. I wrote a short guide as it is not a hard application to get running. But if you are having trouble search around because there is bound to be an easy guide out there.. If you find a guide for it then please send me the link and i will add it to my original post to make it easy for people to find in the future. However if you can not find a tutorial on how to install CWcheat i will either write one myself or search for one myself

good luck
    Tutorial

Pandora Linux Handheld

Exploiting Final Fantasy

Final Fantasy 7 Remake

no problem
    ill check the internet when i get home later
    then ill send u the link
    ltr

got it dude
    this guide is hella easy
    GUIDE: Install CWCHEAT and Make Cwcheat Codes

Theres actually a few cheats on FF8. Levitate, walk through walls and walk anywhere on world map. Levitate doesnt work, though i havnt tested anything on the world map though.

Yous should update ur cheat database.
    i got some nice codes from the new one
    always limit break cheat is wonderfull
    im onstopable haha

but I got a prob.. when I installed cwcheat my popsloader dissapeared..
    Is it so that if u install cwcheat u cant use posploader?
    cheema answer please

I don't really use codes to make me unstoppable. The cheats that i use are more for customization.. The reason why i made that limit break code was because i love to watch omnislash.

and about popsloader, it can be run at the same time...

check the txt files in your seplugins folder. You should have a txt file called pops.txt

make sure that these two lines are present in that file
    ms0:/seplugins/popsloader.prx
    ms0:/seplugins/cwcheat/cwcheatpops.prx
    Tutorial

Pandora Linux Handheld

Exploiting Final Fantasy

Final Fantasy 7 Remake

yeah i got it ..
    I love playing this game like this.
    Already played EVERY ff since 6 to 12 now and i finished them without codes
    Now its a new experience ya know

Page 1 of 10 123 ... LastLast