Thread: Pocket PC?

1. #1 Pocket PC? 
    Senior Member I Modded My PSP PigVenus's Avatar
    Is there a Pocket PC emulation for the PSP?

It would be great to run Warlords II (PPC Studios).

Thanks

Junior Member PSP User darkness134's Avatar
    I looked around and didn't find anything but i did find this torrent

torrentreactor.net/torrents/1862918/PSP-PC-Emulator-!!-Play-PSP-Games-in-Your-PC-!!-Tested-amp%3B-Works (add the "www" at the beginning)

Sorry i couldn't link the entire thing it i didnt have enough posts yet. Anyways it allows you to play PSP games on your PC. Its pretty handy
    The PSP totally ROCKS!

Well, there is DosBox and Warlords II is a DOS game and reportedly it works pretty well. (Haven't tried it yet, I'm still!!!!! waiting for my Pandora battery from pspmods). I just thought that maybe the PocketPC version might work a little better...

Senior Member I Modded My PSP jaextc's Avatar
    Dosbox? I'm going to have to look that up. And then I'm going to have to look for my old floppy's lol, then I'm going to have to find some one that has a floppy drive. j/k my server has one. So with the dosbox you would be simulation ms-dos right? And be able to run dos based programs?

Senior Member I Modded My PSP Stgdemon's Avatar
    I have dosbox on my psp right now, but I haven't been able to get past the initial screen because each key of a keyboard is emulated through psp (so if you wanted to press the 'A' on a keyboard, you'd have to press somthing like Square, Triangle, Up, or somthing like that), and it's not really worth it. It would be nice if someone would make one that is emulated to custom settings that you can put in through options yourself. I found a chart for it (a keyboard with each button combination to each key), but it was still way to complicated.\

I wanted to play the first Warlords and warlords to for when I'm hanging out with friends (just pass around the psp for some strategy war play!), there were a few other's I wanted to put on there too. So if someone happens upon a better way, I'm all for it.

Brandon
    Last edited by Stgdemon; 03-01-2009 at 10:47 PM.
    Made Switchable Pandora
    Piano Black slim with Undead Decal
    Firmware Piano Black 3.82>3.71M33>4.01M33-2>5.00M33-6>5.50GEN-B2 ~
    Red GoW addition 3.71>3.72m33-2>5.00m33-6 ~
    Grey 4.01>5.00m33-6

UV Trigger and door LED's

I'm not sure, but I think that one can make custom .bat files or something for key mappings. (I am still waiting for my Pandora to mod my PSP.) For a game like Warlords II or Heroes of Might & Magic 2, it shouldn't be too bad as most stuff can be accessed via mouse. The hotkeys for special functions (for instance, "end turn" in Warlords2), could be mapped to the left-over buttons on the PSP.

After I get setup and have a chance to play with & tweak it, I will share my .conf and .bat files.

EDIT: Update....
    After looking a bit, search dl.qj.net for DosBox Easy Navigator. It has everything you should need to get setup. It also has mapping/setups for 4 games (all freeware) so it should be fairly easy to add another game to it.
    There is also a freeware tool called Dos Navigator that adds mouse capability to navigate around in Dos, but I don't know any more than this.