Thread: help with SNES emulator for 5.00 M33-6

Results 1 to 10 of 10
  1. #1 help with SNES emulator for 5.00 M33-6 
    Junior Member PSP User
    Join Date
    Jun 2009
    Posts
    23
    I have CFW 5.00 M33-6. All other emulators such as NES,GBA are working except for the SNES one. It came up a black screen and the PSP was fozen when I started the SNES emulator, then I have to take the battery out to restart the PSP. Any suggestions?
    Reply With Quote  
     



  2. #2  
    Homebrew Creator PSP Elite Hacker Mobster's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2008
    Posts
    1,718
    do you have the latest one?
    Left4Quake donation complete!

    Left 4 Dead on PSP!
    Reply With Quote  
     

  3. #3  
    Junior Member PSP User
    Join Date
    Jun 2009
    Posts
    23
    yes, I have this emulator Snes9xTYLsmcm Test 5 27/05/08 from this link http://www.pspmod.com/forums/emulati...s-up-date.html
    Reply With Quote  
     

  4. #4  
    Senior Asshole PSP Elite Hacker cowboycalstar's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2006
    Posts
    2,481
    Quote Originally Posted by thangngoc View Post
    yes, I have this emulator Snes9xTYLsmcm Test 5 27/05/08 from this link http://www.pspmod.com/forums/emulati...s-up-date.html

    that one seems to be working fine on my 5.50 gen-b2...don't just stick to one emu or the latest emu, try them all out. make a small list of test roms, like Mario RPG, Mario World, Mario Kart, DKC, Demon's Crest, Starfox, and zombies ate my neighbors. those really test out the limits on your emu.

    so yah, trial and error. i gave up 3 precious hours of sleep/fallout 3 time to test emus on my psp.
    Reply With Quote  
     

  5. #5  
    Homebrew Creator PSP Elite Hacker Mobster's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2008
    Posts
    1,718
    maybe you need the 1.5 kernel?
    Left4Quake donation complete!

    Left 4 Dead on PSP!
    Reply With Quote  
     

  6. #6  
    Financially Raped PSP Elite Hacker thesexyone's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2009
    Posts
    3,127
    no, that one should run fine. go to pspslimhacks.com and you will find several versions of the snes emu. the latest one will run faster on some games but much slower on others because of a certain rendering mode tweak it has that doesnt let you change it.

    be sure to have your umd mode in "m33" from the vsh menu

    also, just in case: where exactly in your MS did you put your emu?
    TRY PSP HACKING FOR DUMMIES!
    http://www.pspmod.com/forums/sony-ps...tml#post514825

    ...even a noob like you can click the link...

    Reply With Quote  
     

  7. #7  
    Junior Member PSP User
    Join Date
    Jun 2009
    Posts
    23
    Quote Originally Posted by thesexyone View Post
    no, that one should run fine. go to pspslimhacks.com and you will find several versions of the snes emu. the latest one will run faster on some games but much slower on others because of a certain rendering mode tweak it has that doesnt let you change it.

    be sure to have your umd mode in "m33" from the vsh menu

    also, just in case: where exactly in your MS did you put your emu?
    Yes, the UMD mode is in "m33" and I put the SNES emulator under PSP/GAME folder
    Reply With Quote  
     

  8. #8  
    Banned I Modded My PSP
    Join Date
    Jul 2009
    Posts
    146
    Quote Originally Posted by thangngoc View Post
    I have CFW 5.00 M33-6. All other emulators such as NES,GBA are working except for the SNES one. It came up a black screen and the PSP was fozen when I started the SNES emulator, then I have to take the battery out to restart the PSP. Any suggestions?
    the same thing happen to me but than i downloaded the latest version and it work fine for me
    Reply With Quote  
     

  9. #9  
    Senior Member I Modded My PSP samus of rico's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2009
    Posts
    383
    newest acording to geek 9 is in this thread below

    New And Improved Snes Emu!

    Those born with the fire in their heart are STRONG, but those who earned it are STRONGER!!!
      23:15   <thesexyone>  XAVIS SHES GOT A MUFFIN!! RUN!
    PUT here by GEEK9 >>
    I'm the utter definition of a useless member.
    Reply With Quote  
     

  10. #10  
    Member PSP User redmistpete's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2008
    Posts
    67
    My SNES emu (Snes9xTYL 0.4.2) works in the game and game150 folder on 5.00M33-6, as does Fuse PSP 0.9.0.26 but none of my other trusty emu's seem to - I got a Nes emu to work in the Game folder but not the Game 150 folder but it hard-reet the PSP upon quiting.

    My settings are:
    Game Folder Homebrew (5.XX kernel)
    Game Plugins> Enabled
    POPS Plugins> Enabled
    UMD - M33 driver

    *edit
    Hmmph, hardly any emu's seem to work on 5.00m33-6
    Last edited by redmistpete; 10-29-2009 at 12:16 AM.
    "Push to test, release to detonate." ()
    "If you die happy, you haven't lived"
    Reply With Quote  
     

Similar Threads

  1. the best snes and n64 emulator??
    By ardthemaster in forum PSP Emulation
    Replies: 1
    Last Post: 05-10-2009, 10:55 PM
  2. help on snes emulator
    By ronadnad in forum PSP Software, Firmware & Plugins
    Replies: 2
    Last Post: 05-07-2009, 04:08 AM
  3. snes emulator
    By Hitmanzz in forum PSP Emulation
    Replies: 9
    Last Post: 12-01-2007, 09:16 PM
  4. help with snes emulator
    By flyingcloud11 in forum PSP Emulation
    Replies: 2
    Last Post: 10-30-2007, 06:24 PM
  5. snes emulator
    By cz_orellana in forum PSP Emulation
    Replies: 6
    Last Post: 12-11-2006, 05:09 AM
Posting Permissions
  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •