Thread: FF9 cannot find my save data when I change discs, no matter the game/save ID

1. #1 FF9 cannot find my save data when I change discs, no matter the game/save ID 
    I have been playing FF9 on my PSP, and just cleared the second disc. However, since I am using emulated discs, I need to get it to load the saves on the next disc. Somehow I got it to work for the 1->2 transition, but I foolishly forgot to document what I did exactly. I have tried every combination of Game and Save ID between the first and third disc. As I understand it, the game and save ID should be the same across all four discs if I want the PSP to read it. When I load up the game in PSX2PSP, it always has a different game ID, but the save ID stays the same. What am I doing wrong? Also, I cannot rip the discs again because I cannot find my CDs, and I deleted my disc 2 eboot. My disc 1 eboot is still there, but those values don't return anything . I tried it with all 9 combinations of game and save ID for discs 1-3, and none of them would register my save.

The King Of Chinatown PSP Elite Hacker Geek's Avatar
    You could always make a multidisc eboot using psx2psp. But if you want to fix your problem you can just use PSX2PSP to change the gameid of each eboot.

I'm not a pirate. I am a 21st century Che liberating files from the capitalist overlords.
    How to check if you can mod your PSP

Thanks MZ for a sleek sig!

I cannot make a multi-disc eboot. It always prevents me from having more than two discs loaded up. How do I change the IDs of the eboots? And would it make a difference? I have tried it will all 9 combinations of game and save ID for the 3rd disc eboot

The King Of Chinatown PSP Elite Hacker Geek's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by gluestick View Post
    I cannot make a multi-disc eboot. It always prevents me from having more than two discs loaded up. How do I change the IDs of the eboots? And would it make a difference? I have tried it will all 9 combinations of game and save ID for the 3rd disc eboot
    What do you mean? Multidisk eboots are fairly simple to do, as I recall I have seen quad disk eboots, but I'm a little dated in PSP. If you want to change the IDs there is a box in PSX2PSP. Let me grab my old M33 manual and upload that so you can see it m33manual.doc check that out and see if you don't get a better understanding.

I'm not a pirate. I am a 21st century Che liberating files from the capitalist overlords.
    How to check if you can mod your PSP

Thanks MZ for a sleek sig!

I have gotten it so that I can make multi-disc eboots, but they always freeze my PSP when I load them. They stick at the black screen and don't show the sony logo. But that aside, do you know how the Game ID and Save ID relate to the game itself? I am halfway through FF9 and would rather just be able to finish that.

6. #6 Finding Disc 1 save file for disc 2. 
    Quote Originally Posted by gluestick View Post
    I have been playing FF9 on my PSP, and just cleared the second disc. However, since I am using emulated discs, I need to get it to load the saves on the next disc. Somehow I got it to work for the 1->2 transition, but I foolishly forgot to document what I did exactly. I have tried every combination of Game and Save ID between the first and third disc. As I understand it, the game and save ID should be the same across all four discs if I want the PSP to read it. When I load up the game in PSX2PSP, it always has a different game ID, but the save ID stays the same. What am I doing wrong? Also, I cannot rip the discs again because I cannot find my CDs, and I deleted my disc 2 eboot. My disc 1 eboot is still there, but those values don't return anything . I tried it with all 9 combinations of game and save ID for discs 1-3, and none of them would register my save.
    Right you've properly solved this issue. However this is for others future reference. I had the same issue and came here for help, but couldn't find help on any forums.

Here's what to do download (pop station gui) [PSP] Simple Popstation GUI v3.0 beta. You basically want to change disc 2's ID so that its read as if its disc 1 and can locate the save file to continue your game.

STEP: 1 Run popstationGUI.exe
    2.Click 'Browse' to locate your bin/eboot/etc..
    3.Next to 'Game title' click 'Select' and there will be a list of games. Choose the game title that would be disc 1. Click ok, then 'go...' . And put it back in your PSP game folder. Your psp will now read the game as if its disc 1 and therefore will be able to locate the save file.
    (Tip: Do this with disc one first so you know the exact name to change it to, but don't go through the process just check)

Only problem is that it gets confusing which game your loading as all 4 discs will be named the same.

Hope this helps someone.