Thread: Phantasy Star Portable 2

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
  1. #1 Phantasy Star Portable 2 
    Hookah Hog PSP Elite Hacker Sennin's Avatar
    Hey guys, Sennin here.

I just picked up my copy of Phantasy Star Portable 2 today at gamestop. I've played online and so far it is great. In order for you to get online, there's an access code that comes with each copy of Phantasy Star Portable 2 that you need to redeem with your PSN account. The code is called a "Little Wing License" but the code comes on a piece of paper with the UMD and it has instructions on how to activate/redeem your online PSP2 access. I paid $40 bucks for the game but I traded in some stuff to offset the cost.

Well, it would be cool if users like us could refer to this thread and post when we're going to be online playing PSP2. You can have a party of 1-4, 4 being the maximum limit, in infrastructure mode. All you have to do is get online and join someone's party for the fun. I will be hosting parties on days that I can spare some time for this. You guys should too. There are tons of missions/weapons/conquests/monsters to take care of.

As for a review so far(I just picked up the game.), this is what I can spare:

Story:

It continues 3 years after Phantasy Star Portable but, new characters emerge in this one. Before the story starts though, you have to make your character. Choose wisely as you can't change your species once you save your data. You can choose from Humans, Casts, Beasts, and Newmen. It starts out that you're a mercenary at an underwater relic site. A little video plays and you see a frustrated/worried girl talking to a beast. Her name is The story picks up really quick and by the 2nd mission, you're already meeting 3 Emilia Percival. Something happens in the relic site which sounds like an earthquake and people try to escape, you and Emilia get locked into the place so now you're stuck together to get out. I'm not gonna say more about the mission but afterwards, you meet 2 more characters. I will also not talk about the 2 characters for spoiler reasons. Once again, I just picked up this game so I can't really review the story for what it is. I just know that in this game, there 3 different endings; the good, the bad, and the "true".

Story: ?/10

Audio/Visuals:

A very colorful game and a fun one at that. The audio is really good and the graphics are befitting. Music is somewhat upbeat but changes depending on the current mission and/or mood of the game. At times, the camera angle can get annoying but overall, the enemies look good and so do the other graphics. Sometimes the camera angle gets annoying and or if you're chaining attacks, sometimes you can miss even though you're next to the enemy. Almost everything has its own sound to it and are hardly repetitive.

Audio/Visuals: 8.5/10
    + Audio is smooth, tracks are well produced and set in the right areas
    + Great graphics for it being on the psp.
    - OMG! Do we have the notorious Resident Evil 1 camera angle?

Gameplay:

It is a hack and slash with RPG elements. You can upgrade weapons, perform photonic attacks, use power ups, customize your weapon combinations, and of course....LEVEL UP! I like the graphics for it being what it is. Customizing your character's look is pretty cool and has been upgraded from the previous Phantasy Star Portable.Some of the enemies are really challenging and I died once fighting the boss on the first mission but that in it's own isn't a setback. However, there are some setbacks. When doing missions, you'll notice that some monsters are basically a copy and paste version of the same monster on a different planet, either they look different graphically or they had a palette swap.

Gameplay: 8.5/10
    + Graphics
    + Customizations
    - Redundant palette swaps/enemies

Online:

I have spent about 4 hours so far playing online and I have to say it's great. It's similar to PSU/PSO in terms of playability but on a smaller scale and it's portable. The infrastructure mode is great and you can make parties or join them. Join them for your first few runs so you get used to things. You can customize parties in terms of restrictions you want to set, e.g. you want people near your level only or you want it to be a friends only party. And if you're really concerned about who joins you, you can set a password to only let who you want in. I have ran into a few people who are pretty cool and I traded Partner Cards with them. What's a Partner Card, you ask? A Partner Card simply holds any pertinent information like your name, level, type and any comments you want to put. You can trade these Partner Cards with other people and if they accept, they become your friend online. You can play with these friends as long as they are online. When online, you also get an idea of how powerful some users already are. I was on a mission and someone who was with us was a level 85 human. This guy owned the final boss in one ranged attack. The boss was annoying and was above air the whole time. However, the only setback I've encountered with the online mode are the network errors that appear time and time again. I have run into two of them, one of the being 80550c17. I looked up the errors and some people said it was due to the PSP having custom firmware. LISTEN UP! The error code has nothing to do with having custom firmware, it takes a little bit of time for your psp to get acquainted with the servers and then it's a smooth ride from there.

Online: 8/10

+ Play with anyone and conquer conquests/missions/monsters/weapons
    + You can do almost anything in the room. Some people just show up to chat.
    - You have to wait for the party leader to start missions.
    - A couple network errors but they fade away after a while.
    - People killing a monster you're working on and they take the experience and/or item/weapon drops.

Overall Rating: ?/10
    - I haven't made a complete analysis of the story mode just yet.

I plan on being online in PSP2 when I am here surfing the boards or spamming the chatbox. Hit me up then if you want to get some work done.

As of 10/19/2010
    Name: Sennin
    Race: Cast
    LVL: 15
    Colors: Primary: Purple
    Secondary: Black
    Photon Arts: Learned many but need the applicable weapons.

I found a glitch that lets me drop 9999999 meseta on the field, I'm not going to explain it but it can be useful for any of you who join in with me. Ok guys, I hope to see you online!

Here's a PSP wallpaper! Show your fandom!:
    Last edited by Sennin; 10-20-2010 at 03:40 PM.

Knights of War PSP Elite Hacker KoW210's Avatar
    Maby I should buy this game.

Senior Asshole PSP Elite Hacker cowboycalstar's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by KoW210 View Post
    maybe you should stop making irrelevant posts that help no one and do nothing.

Quote Originally Posted by KoW210 View Post
    Yeah man once you get it, jump online and we can get some work done. I am hoping we can have a turn out of a lot of people showing up in this thread to play online but I'm skeptical.

Hardware Modder PSP Elite Hacker BrokenRoses22's Avatar
    I havent tryed this game but seems interesting.
    Whats your rating on it?
    Idk if Im gonna buy it or not until I hear ratings from people.

Thread updated with a review at the request of Xx_BrokenRose_xX

Hardware Modder PSP Elite Hacker BrokenRoses22's Avatar
    Looks very good from your review so Ill pick up a copy this week.
    Last edited by BrokenRoses22; 10-21-2010 at 11:46 AM.

Yeah, get a copy, get online and get weapons and items like crazy. Instead of paying for most Photon Arts, you can find them in missions. Some enemies are hard as hell but you should level up online before you go any further into story mode. Just finish the first mission and then jump online. Right now I'm level 18 and it is a challenge so far.

Spambuster Bitch PSP Elite Hacker dankgame's Avatar
    i just grabed this shit bro gonna give it a go
    new members and old read thisvvvvvvvv
    http://www.pspmod.com/forums/introdu...uncements.html

L
    sounds like fun, might go get it on payday

y'all know that you have to pay a one-time fee to go online right? yeah, i lol @ your reaction-face.

Quote Originally Posted by cowboycalstar View Post
    y'all know that you have to pay a one-time fee to go online right? yeah, i lol @ your reaction-face.
    No you don't. You get an online access code with a hardcopy of the game. You technically pay for it in the 40 bucks but there's no additional cost to get online.

Quote Originally Posted by sennin
    In order for you to get online, there's an access code that comes with each copy of Phantasy Star Portable 2 that you need to redeem with your PSN account.

my apologies to anyone who didn't read what i said.

Quote Originally Posted by cowboycalstar View Post
    my apologies to anyone who didn't read what i said.
    Oh man, I'm confused.

Senior Member I Modded My PSP
    How many hours did it take you to get to 18?
    and is it a different story online then single player?
    Max levels?
    Current FW: 5.50 Gen D2 PSP Slim 2000

Ps3 Owner
    Xbox 360 Owner (Red ring'd)

PM Me for my PSN ID-

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast