Thread: How to soft mod a pandora battery and use to hack [needs redoing]

Page 1 of 18 12311 ... LastLast
  1. #1 How to soft mod a pandora battery and use to hack [needs redoing] 
    Senior Member PSP Elite Hacker Hercules's Avatar
    here is a guide i made for a friend how had homebrew...it uses pandora's battery without any skills of cutting pins...the work is done for you, just hit X like 15 times thru the whole process, and it should take no more than 15mins, but you need at least a 78% charge... it was all in a .rar file, when i get home i will upload it to megaupload (or whereever a free server is)...or you could try to google thehere it is:

-----upgrading to 3.8 m33-5-------

in this rar file you should have these files...

- ospt_052.zip (you can try to find it here)
    - The File You Nedd.7z (MEGAUPLOAD - The leading online storage and file delivery service)
    - 3.8M33.zip (24mb)
    - 3.8m33-5.zip (Dark-AleX's update)

* you must have all these files in order to upgrade...i tried it, and it works

-----------------------------------------

- first you are going to softmod your battery, since you have CFW (custom firmware) you will need to extract the ospt_052.zip to your desktop.
    - enable USB mode on your PSP
    - then you will copy the folder "ospbt_052" to your GAME folder (X:/psp/GAME/); remember "X" means your drive letter
    - turn off USB mode, and go to your games on you memory stick and change your run the "OS pandora Battery Tool 0.52
    - Press X to continue
    - Scroll down to "Convert to service mode"; now your battery is pandora-ized
    - Now exit
    ------------------creating the magic memery stick-----------------------------------

* now we will make a magic memory stick! ( the easiest part)
    - extract the The File You Need.7z to your desktop
    - Open README 1st folder
    - highlight and copy MSINST and MSPFORMAT FOLDER
    - open My Computer
    - Left Click the C: drive once (Note: if you double click, it will open C: drive)
    - Now RIGHT Click on C: drive and PASTE
    - format your memory stick thru your psp (Settings>System Settings>Format Memory Stick)
    - once that is done, enable USB mode
    - make note of your drive letter (usually E: or F
    - open up command propmt (click Start, select Run, type in cmd and hit enter_
    - Type in the following command "CD C:\" (note: with-out quote mark) HIT enter
    - type the following command "mspformat\mspformat.exe X" ( where X=psp drive letter) note: NO quotation
    - hit Y, then enter
    - it should say "Drive succesfully formatted, and partition moved."
    - disable USB mode, and take out the memory stick
    - now re-insert the memory stick, and re-enable USB mode
    - Now go back to the Desktop where you extracted the folder "The File You Need"
    - double click it
    - open the Despertar v3 folder, and copy its contents to your psp (just the contents, not the actual folder)
    - now go back to your prompt window
    - type the following command "msinst\msinst.exe X msinst\msipl.bin" (again where X=psp drive letter) note: NO quotation
    - press Y and hit enter
    - The last line should say " Write MS BOOT CODE "
    - then type exit and enter
    * you now have a magic memory stick!

-----------------------upgrading to 3.71 m33-2------------------------------
    * now that you have your "pandora" battery and MMS, its time to install!
    - make sure that the memory stick is inside your psp
    - pop in your battery
    - it shoudl automatically cut on
    - you should see a screen, press X to install 3.71 m33-2
    - sit back and let it install everything to the flash....
    - once it says install sucess, press X to reboot
    * congrats you have CFW 3.71 m33-2

------------------------turning your battery back to normal mode------------

- once your psp is off, take out the battery, and plug in a AC adapter
    - turn on your PSP, insert your battery, and enable USB mode
    - then you will copy the folder "ospbt_052" (remember the folder on your desktop?) to your GAME folder (X:/psp/GAME/); remember "X" means your drive letter
    - turn off USB mode, and go to your games on you memory stick and change your run the "OS pandora Battery Tool 0.52" program
    - Press X to continue
    - Scroll down to "Convert to normal mode"; now your battery is pandora-ized
    - Now exit

------------------------upgrading to 3.8 m33-------------------------
    * before we do this, we must make sure you have at least a 78% charge to your battery *

- turn on your PSP with the battery inserted
    - extract the 3.8M33.zip to your desktop
    - enable USB mode on your PSP
    - format your memory stick thru you PSP
    - copy the update folder to the GAME folder (X:\PSP\GAME) (remember X is the drive letter)
    - assuming you have at least a 78% charge, run the update from the GAME folder, it will be like sony's but dont worry, it will install the CFW
    - At the end when you are asked to reboot the
    PSP pressing X or O, do it.
    * you now have 3.8 m33!!!! *almost there*

--------------------------updating to 3.8 m33-5-----------------------------------------

-turn on your psp
    - go to the GAME section on your psp, and delete the update
    - now enable USB mode
    - extract 3.8m33-5.zip file to your desktop
    - copy the update folder to the GAME folder (X:\PSP\GAME) (remember X is the drive letter)
    - disable USB mode, and run the update just like you did the last time..

* VIOLA!!! YOU HAVE 3.8 M33-5!!!! w00t!!11!!111!!! *

-guide created by travis greene

Senior Member I Modded My PSP Hoi-Yant's Avatar
    Nice guide, clear and concise.

Although I have a couple questions;
    - Once the battery is "Pandorized" can it still be used for normal gameplay?
    - Do I have to use Pandora to downgrade from CFW 3.90 M33? Or is there a command in the recovery menu that I'm missing?
    I kinda upgraded to that CFW prematurely... I think it still needs a few patches and apps to come out for it before it can be used to its full potential...
    Last edited by Hoi-Yant; 02-13-2008 at 01:59 PM.
    Gone fishing for about 3 years... what's new?

- since you have CFW, you can use the ospbt to convert it back to normal, its stated here in the tutorial:

------------------------turning your battery back to normal mode------------

- once your psp is off, take out the battery, and plug in a AC adapter
    - turn on your PSP, insert your battery, and enable USB mode
    - then you will copy the folder "ospbt_052" (remember the folder on your desktop?) to your GAME folder (X:/psp/GAME/); remember "X" means your drive letter
    - turn off USB mode, and go to your games on you memory stick and change your run the "OS pandora Battery Tool 0.52" program
    - Press X to continue
    - Scroll down to "Convert to normal mode"; now your battery is pandora-ized
    - Now exit
    - yes you will need to use pandora to downgrade back to 3.8

Senior Member I Modded My PSP Hoi-Yant's Avatar
    Heh... to be honest, I just kinda skimmed through the post somewhat quickly :P but yeah, thanks... what do you think? Should I downgrade from 3.90?
    Gone fishing for about 3 years... what's new?

will this unbrick your psp also?

Junior Member PSP User
    Will this work on any PHAT PSP with any firmware and on any motherboard? I can made the pandora's battery, I just cant find a answer for the PHAT problem U.U

Thanks.

psp4lyf
    Nice guide mate very helpful and so clear
    10/10

Senior Member I Modded My PSP
    Nice guide very helpful ............................
    Check My Threads Out

How to Install CW Cheats On Your PSP for PSP Games and PSX games Try This

Your UMD Disk or Back Up iso/cso not working
    FIXED: "The game could not be started." (80010002)/(80020148) Try This

Create Your Own PMF Files GAMEBOOT CINTROS Try This

Tutorial: Using Photoshop To Improve Your PSP Wallpaper Try This

Hercules,

I must say that i'm impressed by this post and also the detailed description that you've posted. This really helps. I've been like searching the net for soft modding my new slim for days now, w/o luck. Every post that i searched and/or read only spoke in circles. But yours really helps.

I've naive question for you, I have a OFW 3.6 can i use the method described above? Also when i use my friends CFW psp to pandorize my slim batt and MS do i remove his MS frm the CFW psp and use my non-pandorized PSP and MS? Sorry for the stupid question, but just want to ensure that i get everything staright before i take the plunge?

Thx again.

Quote Originally Posted by tsheth111 View Post
    Hercules,

I must say that i'm impressed by this post and also the detailed description that you've posted. This really helps. I've been like searching the net for soft modding my new slim for days now, w/o luck. Every post that i searched and/or read only spoke in circles. But yours really helps.

I've naive question for you, I have a OFW 3.6 can i use the method described above? Also when i use my friends CFW psp to pandorize my slim batt and MS do i remove his MS frm the CFW psp and use my non-pandorized PSP and MS? Sorry for the stupid question, but just want to ensure that i get everything staright before i take the plunge?

Thx again.
    well if your friend has a phat psp, then you must use his battery to softmod, but if he has a slim one, you can use yours, it really doesnt matter, anywho, just format your memstick thru USB like it says on my guide, ask your friend to put ospbt on his psp, run it and convert your battery into pandora, then once you have the formatted memstick and a pandora's battery, insert the memstick into YOUR psp, hold the L button, and insert the battery, while still holding the L button..and there you have it, yu can have your own MS

Member PSP User
    just a couple of things first do i have to have an official sony battery or can it be any make and any power also after i have up graded to a cfw do i need to use the pandora to upgrade again and last of all can this brick the pspby making the ms and pb. i havent used this guide yet and i have looked at a few differnent ones but this certainly looks like the best one

Junior Member PSP User
    I have the same questions. I'm thinking about buying a fakey battery off Ebay and want to know if it can be softmodded or whether it has to be official or not.

Also, can i use one battery to modify both? Or do i need an 1800 and the lower one (1200?)

Senior Member PSP Mad Hacker
    Worked great! thanks for the guide

Senior Member PSP Elite Hacker valledor03's Avatar
    5 star for herc.
    PSP 1000 => 6.39 ME 9.1
    PSP 2000 => 6.39 ME 9.1
    PSP 3000 => 5.50 GEN-C

27/06/2008 12:58 PM DarkFoxSniper
    PS3 is Sony's baby..what do you expect...PSP is like..their bastard child
    15/03/2008 12:18 PM valledor03
    i thought electro, helped you?
    15/03/2008 12:19 PM jonesy1181
    he told me to suck his balls
    thanks to:
    dark alex
    darkfoxsniper

Quote Originally Posted by amaralla View Post
    just a couple of things first do i have to have an official sony battery or can it be any make and any power also after i have up graded to a cfw do i need to use the pandora to upgrade again and last of all can this brick the pspby making the ms and pb. i havent used this guide yet and i have looked at a few differnent ones but this certainly looks like the best one
    once you have CFW....you can convert it back to normal again, just like it says in my guide, when you upgrade (E.g. 3.71m33-2 to 3.8m33) just download the m33 update from dark-alex.org its really simple

Page 1 of 18 12311 ... LastLast