Like Tree1Likes

Thread: How To Install PSP Custom Firmware

Page 1 of 21 12311 ... LastLast
  1. #1 How To Install PSP Custom Firmware 
    Administrator PSP Elite Hacker admin's Avatar
    Welcome to my guide "How To Install PSP Custom Firmware" In this guide I will advise you how to create a pandora battery and magic memory stick which you need to install the latest version of PSP custom firmware

Contents
    1-Introduction
    2-How To Create a Pandora Battery
    3-How to create a Magic Memory Stick
    4-Installing Custom Firmware

1-Introduction

Q-How do I install custom firmware on my PSP
    A-Take a look at this video http://uk.youtube.com/watch?v=qOWIMOf7rJo

Q-What is a pandora battery?
    A-A Pandora battery is used to put your PSP in to "service mode" in serivce mode your PSP can be downgraded to official firmware 1.50 or custom firmware version 3.80. Check out section 2 for more information about the pandora battery

Q-What is a magic memory stick?
    A-A magic memory stick can be used when the PSP is in service mode, The magic memory stick acts as a boot device and contains the files needed to install custom firmware 3.80 or official firmware 1.50. For more information about the magic memory stick go to section 3.

Q-Is my PSP compatable to install custom firmware?
    A-All PSP's can be hacked apart from the PSP's with the TA-088 v3 motherboard, To find out if your PSP has the TA-088 v3 motherboard click here

2-How To Create a Pandora Battery

There are two types of Pandora battery's available, One is called soft modded and one is called a hard modded pandora. Take a look below at the differences

Hard Modded Pandora Battery's

There are 2 types of hard modded pandora batterys, one was built solely to be used as a pandora and nothing else, One can be seen and bought here http://www.pspmod.com/shop/product_info.php/cPath/21/products_id/38 The other type is where you take your battery and take it apart and cut a pin inside the battery. The disadvantages of doing this is that it is very hard to do and even harder to turn back in to a normal battery again. Take a look at this guide if you want to Hard Mod A Pandora Battery

Soft Modded Pandora Battery's

To softmod a PSP battery all you have to do is run a software program which will put your battery in to "Service mode" and you can even run the program again to turn the battery back to a normal battery. For a guide on how to softmod your PSP battery take a look at this guide You also need to know that not all PSP batterys are modable, Below is a list of the compatibility of PSP batterys

Working:

- Sony "standard" Li-ion 1800 mAh
    - Sony PSP-280 2200mAh

Not working:

- 3.6v 3600 mAh Battery Pack (Silver letters) (Model PSP-360) (Fake)
    - 2600 mAh Mega Battery Pack (Fake)
    - Atomic Battery Pack 3.6V 1800mAh
    - Sony PSP-280 2200mAh (Fake)
    - Sony PSP Bloc-Battery pack 3.6v 1800 mAh
    - Battery 3600mAh, unknown brand, (china made model NK-RH008) (Fake)
    - Battery Pack, unknown brand, (lithium) 3.6v 3600 mAH (Fake)
    - Intec 1800 mAh Li-ion
    - Intec 2200 mAh
    - UltraLast e-Boost 3.7v 2200mAh Li-PO battery

3-How to create a Magic Memory Stick

To create a magic memory stick you will need a PSP memory stick with at least 128mb in size. Download the files needed from our download section then extract the .rar file and double click on the begin.bat file and follow the prompts. After you create a magic memory stick you will need to use it with a pandora battery, Take a look at this video which will show you what to do http://uk.youtube.com/watch?v=qOWIMOf7rJo After you have used the magic memory stick feel free to format it and use as per normal with your PSP

4-Installing Custom Firmware

Once you have your Pandora battery and magic memory stick you are ready to install custom firmware, Watch the following video to show you exactly what to do

[youtube]http://uk.youtube.com/watch?v=qOWIMOf7rJo[/youtube]
    Bigsimonc likes this.
    PSPMOD Administrator : Useful Links Below

PSPMOD Guides : Downloads : ChatRoom : Free PSP Downloads

And this will work with 4.21 Firmware also?

bunnies ate my brain PSP Elite Hacker clwnz's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Infamous Ob View Post
    And this will work with 4.21 Firmware also?
    this will work with any firmware. unless you have a psp with one of the new motherboards :|

"I got ice in my veins,
    blood in my eyes
    Hate in my heart,
    love in my mind..."

Guide: OFW to CFW|Free ISO/ROMS!|OFW EBOOT|Guide: CFW w/o Pandora!
    MySpace|Homebrew Thread|PSP Folder Organization

Quote Originally Posted by KhAoSxChAoS View Post
    I facepalmed so many times, I have a fractured forehead...

Senior Member I Modded My PSP
    really good guide !

Senior Member I Modded My PSP zx6r99's Avatar
    This worked great I know have a psp with 4.01m33-2 installed without hardmoding my battery I was able to softmod it.

Senior Member PSP Elite Hacker Killer's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by clwnfrmdwntwn View Post
    this will work with any firmware. unless you have a psp with one of the new motherboards :|
    4.20 and 4.21 were only on the 3000, so thats what he must have, therefore obviously this won't work.

7. #7 Noob Inquiries 
    1. My PSP 2000 (Slim) came with a Sony 3.6 volt 1200 mAh battery. Will this work?
    2. Are we only supposed to use Hercules's guide (link at soft-modding to pandorize) for the soft-modding battery part (because his guide has other stuff)?
    3. Can this guide be usde on an UNMODIFIED PSP with Official Firmware 3.95 (came with it)?
    4. I don't know what my motherboard has cause the UMD drive has absolutely no numbers anywhere!
    5. I have bought a UMD game that requires at least OFW 3.95. Will this still work?
    6. I understand you have to hardmod your battery to get it to be 'Pandora' but you're supposed to turn it back right? Is this called un-Pandorizing?
    PLEASE HELP!

Senior Member I Modded My PSP Bio Syntax's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by hata123456 View Post
    1. My PSP 2000 (Slim) came with a Sony 3.6 volt 1200 mAh battery. Will this work?
    2. Are we only supposed to use Hercules's guide (link at soft-modding to pandorize) for the soft-modding battery part (because his guide has other stuff)?
    3. Can this guide be usde on an UNMODIFIED PSP with Official Firmware 3.95 (came with it)?
    4. I don't know what my motherboard has cause the UMD drive has absolutely no numbers anywhere!
    5. I have bought a UMD game that requires at least OFW 3.95. Will this still work?
    6. I understand you have to hardmod your battery to get it to be 'Pandora' but you're supposed to turn it back right? Is this called un-Pandorizing?
    PLEASE HELP!
    1.The battery needs to fit these requirements
    -The battery is made in China and not Japan (since it came with your psp it most likely china)
    -It's not an off brand battery (again, your fine on that)
    -It's not a fat "extended life battery" (gold letters)..your psp didn't come with that
    -model must be PSP-S110 or PSP-110 (yours is PSP-S110)
    -must be 1200 mAh (yours is)
    ------------------------------------------------------------------------
    going by the information you have given:
    you CAN make a pandora battery out of your slim battery, unless it says "made in Japan" on the back instead of "made in china"
    The ones made in Japan I hear are "Pandora Proof"
    Its most likely made in china
    2. You need a modded PSP to softmod, and there are many good guides.
    3. NO, you need a Modded PSP to softmod your battery.
    4If there are NO letters or numbers there, it's compatible. If it has visible numbers there, it is not.
    5.If you mean will it work on the modded psp- YES. If you want to play that one you need 4.01 M33 or higher. The number of CFW is like a shadow to the original one.
    6. You will NOT be able to turn a hardmodded Pandora's battery back. But its all well worth it. If you ever brick (screw up) your PSP (like I have by editing the flash), you will be able it insert your magic memorystick and Pandora battery in and fix it. So keep your Pandora battery if your hardmod it.

My guide shows how to check for compatible batterys, motherboards and how to mod your PSP.
    Check out my tutorial
    I don't currently have enough posts to make a link so I covered it up with a .tk url

syntaxmod.tk

BTW since you are new to modding, if you go to my tutorial, I would like you feedback on how descriptive and easy to follow it was.
    Last edited by Bio Syntax; 01-05-2009 at 11:54 PM.
    I am from the Bio-Designs Team. Check out our site- www.thebiostyle.com
    -----------------------------------

i have a psp 3000 with the latest updates and i have a pandora battery that i bought and i have a magic memory stick that i made and it still wont work the screen is just black

Senior Member PSP Elite Hacker Killer's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by aussy91.20 View Post
    i have a psp 3000 with the latest updates and i have a pandora battery that i bought and i have a magic memory stick that i made and it still wont work the screen is just black
    That is your problem right there. Does not work on PSP 3000.

Quote Originally Posted by hata123456 View Post
    PLEASE HELP!
    Just go to one of these sites you need a pandora battery and this is the easiest to do it.
    dealextreme.com/details.dx/sku.12711 or pandorasales.com/slim-pandora-battery39s-complete-ki39.html
    You will have to copy and paste links I dont have enough posts to post links. Also check out the guides section of the forum it will help answer questions
    Last edited by zx6r99; 01-05-2009 at 01:42 AM.

Senior Member I Modded My PSP Bio Syntax's Avatar
    Last edited by Bio Syntax; 01-05-2009 at 02:08 AM.
    I am from the Bio-Designs Team. Check out our site- www.thebiostyle.com
    -----------------------------------

I followed all the instructions. I borrowed my cousins Pandora's Battery, but I just get black screen when I put in the Memory Stick. I've tried multiple guides multiple times. Help?

I have a PSP 2000. Memory stick is Pro Duo SanDisk.

14. #14 thanks but... 
    -Can i mod my ofw psp 3.95 (2000 Slim) by soft-modding?
    -syntax said i had to have already 'modded' it? what does he/you mean? how can i mod it without a pandora?
    -I do not want to touch my battery (hard-modding) but I want to be able to run my .csos (only, no emulators, nothing).
    HELP

Quote Originally Posted by AVSuzaku View Post
    I followed all the instructions. I borrowed my cousins Pandora's Battery, but I just get black screen when I put in the Memory Stick. I've tried multiple guides multiple times. Help?

I have a PSP 2000. Memory stick is Pro Duo SanDisk.
    What cfw are you tring to install and what is on it right now?

Page 1 of 21 12311 ... LastLast