Thread: How to rip a PSX game and convert it to an EBOOT

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
  1. #1 How to rip a PSX game and convert it to an EBOOT 
    Remember Reach PSP Mad Hacker Fanryu's Avatar
    This guide will teach you how to rip a PSX game and convert it to a playable EBOOT on the PSP.

Like all my guides, I ask that you do NOT share your ISO, IMG, or EBOOTs with anyone, as it's illegal and against the site rules. Also, please do not download games from websites, rip them from your own disk.

To start:

What you will need is

A PSP, obviously.
    The PSX game disk you want to rip and convert
    A computer.

Optional:
    A USB to PSP cable (Files seem to transfer faster, although a card reader will work just fine, it will just be slightly slower)

Okay, so to start off, you will need to download a program called "CloneCD" from this link CloneCD Free Trial, Beware that this is only a 21 day free trial, although I still think you can use it after the trial.

Okay, run the installer, and wait for it to finish up, if it asks you to restart your computer, you don't have to, I never did and it still works fine.

Now, open up CloneCD and you'll have a screen like this:

Click on "Read to Image File", the highlighted area, and you'll get a screen asking you which disk drive you would like to copy the files from, click the appropriate drive (The one you have inserted your PSX game into) And click next.

The next screen asks you what type of disk it is, Click "Protected PC Game" (The reason why you click this is because it will simply bypass the protection on the game) and click next!

The next screen asks you what you want to name the file and where you want to save it, you choose the location, it doesn't matter as long as you can find it. Press OK and you'll start copying the data on your disk. After the (somewhat) long process is done, you'll have the IMG file, no this is not an Image in the sense of visual image, it's what you will need to convert your game. Next, you will need the program PSX2PSP. You can download it here! Once you download it, unzip it. You will need a file called "BASE.PBP" and maybe another file, which I cannot give you, but you can find on Google easily. Once you have downloaded BASE.PBP, place it in your "Files" folder in the PSX2PSP Folder. Once that's done, go ahead and try to open the program (If you get an error asking for another file, sorry, I forgot that you needed another one, an update on what file you need would be nice, and once again you can download the file off Google)

Now that it's open, here's the easy part, first click Classic mode, then the "..." next to "ISO/PBP File", find where you put your IMG file from your PSX game that you ripped, once you do click it and click ok. Now, go down to "Output PBP Folder" and choose where you want to put the EBOOT for your game. It will automatically be in a folder so don't worry about creating one. The rest the program should put in automatically. You can play with some of the other options if you like but I won't be going into it in this guide. Click Convert, wait until it's done, find where you saved the EBOOT, and !!COPY THE WHOLE FOLDER TO YOUR GAME FOLDER ON YOUR PSP!! Once this is done, you're all set! You can now play your PSX games on your PSP,

As a side note, some games you will need POPsloader to, anyone that wants to give me a link to a guide, I'll post it here and give you credit.

As another side note, most games that are multiple disks you will need to set the GAME ID to the SAVE ID in the program, if you don't you will not be able to find your save file from the previous disk.
    Last edited by Fanryu; 03-04-2009 at 11:28 PM. Reason: Finished my guide

Senior Member I Modded My PSP jaextc's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by KhAoSxChAoS View Post
    This guide will teach you how to rip a PSX game and convert it to a playable EBOOT on the PSP.

Like all my guides, I ask that you do NOT share your ISO, IMG, or EBOOTs with anyone, as it's illegal and against the site rules. Also, please do not download games from websites, rip them from your own disk.

To start:

What you will need is

A PSP, obviously.
    The PSX game disk you want to rip and convert
    A computer.

Optional:
    A USB to PSP cable (Files seem to transfer faster, although a card reader will work just fine, it will just be slightly slower)

Okay, so to start off, you will need to download a program called "CloneCD" from this link CloneCD Free Trial, Beware that this is only a 21 day free trial, although I still think you can use it after the trial.

Sorry to end this abruptly, but I have to leave, I'll be finishing this guide tomorrow. I didn't want to have to start over, but I'll be finishing up tomorrow.
    Wouldn't magiciso or alcohol 52% Be better because it's free?
    "A USB to PSP cable (Files seem to transfer faster, although a card reader will work just fine, it will just be slightly slower)" Uhmm They both rely on how fast the card is. Is your card reader built into a printer? Then that will probably slow it down. A memory stick pro-hd duo has a transfer rate of 480Mbit a sec (60Mbs) which is the same as a usb 2.0 cable. So saying "it will just be slightly slower" will be just... not true.

Homebrew Creator PSP Elite Hacker Mobster's Avatar
    i kinda like my tut on this a little better but good effort nontheless. ill admit mines not perfect either lol
    Left4Quake donation complete!

Left 4 Dead on PSP!

Senior Member I Modded My PSP
    USB to PSP cable should be mini-USB to USB cable.

OMFG I LOVE YOUR SIG

EVERYONE, GET THE FREE PSP GAMES!

LMFAO
    Khaosxchaos thats pretty funny!

Senior Member PSP Elite Hacker
    AInt there already two of those in the guides section?

Quote Originally Posted by jaextc View Post
    Wouldn't magiciso or alcohol 52% Be better because it's free?
    "A USB to PSP cable (Files seem to transfer faster, although a card reader will work just fine, it will just be slightly slower)" Uhmm They both rely on how fast the card is. Is your card reader built into a printer? Then that will probably slow it down. A memory stick pro-hd duo has a transfer rate of 480Mbit a sec (60Mbs) which is the same as a usb 2.0 cable. So saying "it will just be slightly slower" will be just... not true.
    It's slower in my experiences, and the card reader is built directly into my PC.

Also, could I get this moved to the guides section please?

Want free PSP Games?
    That's so funny i must have clicked it 15 times now. LOL That little tune makes me happy.

Quote Originally Posted by jaextc View Post
    That's so funny i must have clicked it 15 times now. LOL That little tune makes me happy.
    Lolz. /filler

Quote Originally Posted by Mitochondria View Post
    Wow, clone cd actually works pretty well. Other rippers dont rip the full disc (ie;missing fmv and music) Just converted my Megaman X6 and it works perfectly and has all the fmv's and music. Hell, even the Megaman X6 i download didnt have the fmv scenes.
    Hehe and what's better is I think you can even use it after the 21 day trial is up.

Homebrew Creator PSP Elite Hacker Mobster's Avatar
    you know what's wierd? i have been using clone cd for 2 months and it said the trial is up. then i click ok and i can still use it.....
    Left4Quake donation complete!

Left 4 Dead on PSP!

Senior Member PSP Elite Hacker Kaikz's Avatar
    fubar- fuck u beyond all recognition
    fun to say to someone and they dont know what it means

Awesome! Thanks for the tut.

If you need any help with this, please feel free to send me a message, or make another thread. I'm having this closed so there are no more spam posts. Thank you.

Senior Member PSP Elite Hacker
    awww i was going to make this EXACT guide with pictures.. and demonstrate multi-disc eboots as well...

EDIT: done. added multi-disc eboots and music, with a picture guide (:

As another side note, most games that are multiple disks you will need to set the GAME ID to the SAVE ID in the program, if you don't you will not be able to find your save file from the previous disk.
    PSX2PSP 1.4.2 will automatically arrange the GAME/SAVE ID for you. Also making multi-disc eboots is much easier in Classic mode (spelled clasic). btw the link to my guide is in my sig.
    Last edited by bigbossVII; 01-07-2010 at 09:04 PM.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast