Thread: PSP CFW ON ANY PHAT OR HACKABLE SLIM ( without pandora ) or 2nd psp and any fw

Page 1 of 23 12311 ... LastLast
  1. #1 PSP CFW ON ANY PHAT OR HACKABLE SLIM ( without pandora ) or 2nd psp and any fw 
    Senior Member I Modded My PSP
    VIDEO TUTORIAL ADDED COMMENTS PLEASE I THINK IS PRETTY GOOD[YOUTUBE]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IAHinhd_KLE[/YOUTUBE]

Phat download link :
    HTML Code:
    http://www.megaupload.com/?d=W5DX5LYL
    Slim download link :
    HTML Code:
    http://www.megaupload.com/?d=M4732F7T
    ***Dont try this on the psp 3000 or 2000 with TA-088v3 Motherboard*** 4 those who dont know bout this, I've tested this several times on my G.O.W. 2001 TA-088v2 and has worked fine every time.

U want ur battery 2 be fully charged. Works on 1K and early 2K models

1ST- Update ur psp 2 OFW 5.03 by placin the update folder in ms0:PSP/GAME. Then run it. (after u run it delete it)

2ND- Download ChickHEN R2: Put the h.bin file in root of mem stick. Put the "ChickHEN" folder in ms0:PSP/PHOTO. (if u have a 1k, replace the slim.tiff file with phat.tiff)

3RD- Download PSPident and put in ms0:PSP/GAME.

4TH- Download Hellcats Recovery. Put RECOVERY folder in ms0:PSP/GAME.

Now 2 the psp. Go into photo and open the ChickHEN folder. Scroll down 2 the last photo. Then wait. Ur psp should reboot. (this might take a few tries) When ur psp reboots go under system settings and scroll down and hit X on system information. Should read "5.03ChickHEN R2" If it does go 2 next step.
    STEP 2:
    Open game and run PSPident to find out what motherboard u have. If its a TA-088v2 or under u can install CFW.
    STEP 3:
    Open game and run Hellcats Recovery. Select install m33 of firmware above. Now wait.
    ***DONT TOUCH NE THING WHILE ITS DOIN THIS. IT WILL BRICK!!!*** (if it bricks then u will need a pandora battery 2 un-brick)also again b4 u run Hellcats Recovery make sure ur battery is charged.

After its done hit X 2 shutdown. Turn ur psp back on and u will b on CFW 5.00m33-4. NOW u will b on the newest CFW without havin 2 use a pandoras battery. IM NOT RESPONSIBLE IF U BRICK UR PSP

ENJOY ur custom PSP. U will then b able 2 run iso/cso's (backups), emulation, and so much more!!!
    Last edited by hessels92; 05-20-2009 at 07:31 AM.

I'm running into a problem getting the psp to reboot when I go to the last pic in the ChickHENd folder.

Any tricks to get it to take?

~~ Preistt

Senior Member PSP Elite Hacker danos's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Preistt View Post
    I'm running into a problem getting the psp to reboot when I go to the last pic in the ChickHENd folder.

Any tricks to get it to take?

~~ Preistt
    make sure to turn off umd cache before trying the chickhen,
    and if that doesnt work then put the psp in sleep mode then put it back on and then try again

if these dont work then refer to this thread PSP 3000 HEN Released!
    Last edited by danos; 05-18-2009 at 08:15 PM.
    Red Slim ofw 3.93 > ofw 5.02 > cfw 3.80m33-5 > cfw 5.00m33-4 > cfw 5.00m33-6
    http://www.pspmod.com/forums/psp-mis...-hackable.html
    A wise man once said common sense is not that common

http://www.pspmod.com/forums/psp-fir...sp-any-fw.html

ChickHEN is highly unstable so you might well need to try various methods to get it to take. This is all well documented on the forums

sorry i'm a noob but will i need to use a 2gb mem stick?

Junior Member PSP User
    not 2 yrs ago i had to crack my battery and cut a trace ....how times change
    PSP slim 4.01 m33
    PS1 SCPH-1001,Action Replay Plug Mod
    PS2 V.10 FMCB 80 gig
    PS3 40 gig upgraded to 160 gig Firmware V 2.50
    Xbox V.1.6,Softmod,XBMC,200 gig
    Xbox V.1.0,Xenium Gold SP,XBMC,750 gig
    Xbox 360 Elite 120 gig Stock

RawrKat: dunno why u ask specifically about 2gb, but any stick will work. Try to buy genuine however to minimise problems.

Quote Originally Posted by Mitochondria View Post
    Good guide, though it all looks "bunch up" and "crowded" the way you have it now.
    yeah did it up kind quick was thinking of making a vido what do you think??

Hey there im new to these forums and was hoping you could lend me a hand as i am trying to follow ur guide i have done everything exactly as instructed and i am up to the Chickhen part where i am supposed to go to photo and select chicken then scroll down the 5 images but it seems when i click on chicken folder in my photo option on the xmb my psp freezes then shuts down and i have to manually turn it back on with no luck , i am currently using a psp phat with the 5.03 ofw , any help would be much appreciated :-D thanks in advance!

I also forgot to mention i am using an old fat psp

hmm is there some way to turn off the UMD cache on a psp fat ? im seeing alot of people saying that is the problem but i cant seem to find that option in my xmb any help much loved!
    Last edited by Mitochondria; 06-01-2009 at 07:37 PM.

The King Of Chinatown PSP Elite Hacker Geek's Avatar
    I think the umd cache is a slim only option

I'm not a pirate. I am a 21st century Che liberating files from the capitalist overlords.
    How to check if you can mod your PSP

Thanks MZ for a sleek sig!

dang iv been at this for hours and still no luck , starting to drive me crazy , silly hen! does anyone have any tips that may be of help?

well here are some basic ones, get all the needed files, then format your memory card (backup data first), then restart the psp and try again

I'm not a pirate. I am a 21st century Che liberating files from the capitalist overlords.

hmm ok ill try and formatt my card again now mate , i'll elt you know how it goes!

heya pal! i got it to work and after doing the next step (opening the recovery flasher) i selected to install the CFW and then it said error opening 500.pbp and it would abort with no harm done , any ideas why this is happening :-D . thanks!

heya , i got it to work! yay! then i went to the next step and ran the recovery tool i selected t update my firmware to the 5.00 m33 thingo and to format well doing it or some such thing , then it gave me an error saying it could not find 5.00.pbp and it needed to abort with no harm done! any help would be fantastic ! cheers

woops sorry about that double post type of thing there .. im a little novice when it comes to this!
    Last edited by Mitochondria; 06-01-2009 at 07:38 PM.

system put the 5.00.pbp in the root of your mem stick and make sure its called 500.pbp

Yay! thank you so much :-D all is well ad homebrew is working like a charm :-D thanks for all your help!

Page 1 of 23 12311 ... LastLast