Thread: Guide: ChickHen + Cfw for 1ks and Hackable 2ks

Page 1 of 12 12311 ... LastLast
  1. #1 Guide: ChickHen + Cfw for 1ks and Hackable 2ks 
    Elite Bullshitter PSP Elite Hacker Jubbabubba's Avatar
    There's already another ChickHen for hackables guide, but this one will expand a bit more. Showing how to install ChickHen -> Hellcat's -> 5.50 Gen-D3. *Also adding MHUSpeed V3 (ChickHen alternative for 2ks)*

**Remove any pictures from the Picture folder before starting.**

Unsure if you have a hackable 2k? Follow the guide up until Pspident. If Pspident shows Motherboard: TA-088V3, then continue to this guide: Guide: ChickHen + Cfw for 3ks/Unhackable 2ks skipping down to CFW.

Key:
    → X: Your drive letter for this guide, when you connect the psp to pc via Usb cord, or through MS pro duo adapter.
    → Root: The base of your MS; what you see when you first double click your drive letter (Where the Psp folder is located).
    → MS: Memory Stick
    → XMB: Psps home menu
    → FW: Firmware

Updating to 5.03:

1. Download: PSP Downloads | 5.03 Firmware Update
    2. Create a folder named "UPDATE" in your game folder: X:\PSP\GAME\UPDATE\
    3. Extract the Eboot.PBP to the Update folder.
    4. Run the 5.03 Updater from your MS. *It is recommended that you have your AC adapter plugged in as well while Updating fw. If the psp were to turn off mid Update, it would result in a bricked psp. Restorable only by Pandora + MMS*

Installing ChickHen for 1ks:

1. Download: PSP Downloads | ChickHEN Homebrew Enabler R2
    2: Extract h.bin to the root of your MS & the contents of "PHAT" to X:\PICTURE\
    3: In the XMB go to System Config→Restore Default Settings. Run, leaving the Psps nickname as its default.
    4: Got to System Config→Umd Autostart and switch it to [off]
    5: Go to Pictures.
    6: Click on the Eggsploit.*If the psps screen glitches and the wifi light starts blinking then it's a success. If the psp freezes, either give it 10 seconds to turn off on its own, or take the battery out and try again.* **ChickHen is not a 100%, it could take awhile.** ***Remove any UMD from the Umd drive if you're having difficulty getting ChickHen to boot up.***

Installing ChickHen for 2ks *Recommended for smaller MS's*:

1: Download: PSP Downloads | ChickHEN Homebrew Enabler R2
    2: Extract h.bin to the root of your MS & the contents of "SLIM"/"ChickHEN" to X:\PICTURE\
    3: In the XMB go to System Config→Restore Default Settings. Run, leaving the Psps nickname as its default.
    4: Go to System Config→UMD Autostart & UMD Cache, switch both to [off]
    5: Go to Pictures
    6: Scroll down to the bottom image. *If the psps screen glitches and then restarts then it's a success. If the psp freezes, either give it 10 seconds to turn off on its own, or take the battery out and try again.* **ChickHen is not a 100%, may need to try a few times**

Installing MHUSpeed V3 (ChickHen Alternative) for 2ks*Recommended for larger MS's*:

1: Download: PSP Downloads | MHUSPEED v3: PSP Homebrew Enabler
    2: Extract speed.bin to the root of your MS, and the contents of "PICTURE" to X:\PICTURE\
    4: Go to System Config→UMD Autostart & UMD Cache, switch both to [off]
    5: Enter Pictures
    6: Allow the images to load, then click on the folder and scroll to the bottom. *If the psps screen glitches and then restarts then it's a success. If the psp freezes, either give it 10 seconds to turn off on its own, or take the battery out and try again.* **MHUSpeedV3 is not a 100%, may need to try a few times**

Pspident: For those unsure if their 2k is hackable
    :

1: Download: PSP Downloads | PSPident 0.4
    2: Extract "PSPident" to X:\PSP\GAME\
    3: Run.
    4: If your motherboard is TA-088V3 move to this guide: Guide: ChickHen + Cfw for 3ks/Unhackable 2ks

Installing CFW:
    Step 1:
    Installing 5.00m33-6 (Hellcat's Recovery Flasher V1.60):

1: Download: PSP Downloads | Recovery Flasher v1.60
    2: Download: PSP Downloads | 5.00 Firmware Update
    3: Extract "RECOVERY" to X:\PSP\GAME\
    4: Extract the Eboot.PBP and rename to 500.pbp, then place in X:\PSP\GAME\RECOVERY\
    5: Run Hellcat's, make sure the Target firmware is set to 5.00, then go down one and select Install CFW. Followed by "reset (format) settings as well" *It is recommended that you have your AC adapter plugged in as well while flashing fw. If the psp were to turn off mid flash, it would result in a bricked psp. Restorable only by Pandora + MMS*

Step 2:
    Installing 5.50 Gen-D3 (Latest cfw):

1: Download: PSP Downloads | Custom Firmware 5.50 GEN-D3
    2: Remove any UPDATE folder from X:\PSP\GAME\
    3: Extract 550.PBP & the PSP folder to the Root of your MS.
    4: Run the installer. *It is recommended that you have your AC adapter plugged in as well while flashing fw. If the psp were to turn off mid flash, it would result in a bricked psp. Restorable by Recovery modes Recovery Folder (Accessed by holding down the Right trigger when turning the psp on) or Pandora + MMS*

Step 3:
    Installing Prometheus (5.50 Gen-D3 extension) (Latest cfw):

1: Download PSP Downloads | Prometheus 5.50 GEN-D Addon v4
    2: Extract contents to X:\Psp\Game\
    3: Run the updater.

Quote Originally Posted by delon4o View Post
    Great work Jubba.Um you can add that MHUSPEED3 work best on fake MS`s.All the chickHEN`s just wont work ok on a fake MS

Double posting to add to my post count!!!

Edit: Test results for ChickHen & ChickHen Alternatives (2ks only) *Tested the following, decided to stick with ChickHen and MHUSpeed V3 for its alternative for 2ks*

DaRKcLoUD-X v2: Test 2
    1gb Sandisk: 8/10
    2gb Sony: 8/10
    8gb Sandisk: 2/10
    32gb Photofast Cr-5400 (Class 6): Didn't bother.

MHUSpeed V3:
    1gb Sandisk: 7/10
    2gb Sony: 2/10
    8gb Sandisk: 8/10
    32gb Photofast Cr-5400 (Class 6): Will bother on request. :P

ChickHen R2:
    1gb Sandisk: 6/10
    2gb Sony: 8/10
    8gb Sandisk: 0/10
    32gb Photofast Cr-5400 (Class 6): On Request.

Rainbow ChickHen:
    1gb Sandisk: 6/10
    2gb Sony: 7/10
    8gb Sandisk: 0/10
    32gb Photofast Cr-5400 (Class 6): On Request.

All tested with Default settings, Umd autoload [off],Umd Cache [off],Wlan switched to off.

Junior Member PSP User
    Finally worked! After probably 100 attempts it just randomly decided to work! Great guide, thanks for your help
    Last edited by Dan555; 12-21-2009 at 03:19 PM.

Banned
    YEEES! Finally i got CFW 5.00m33-6! All thanks to you! ;D. I feel so awesome...

PS. Now that i upgraded. Can i delete the "H.bin" and "egghunt.bin" that's on my ROOT? Or do i need to have them there? Their from the ChickHen installation. And can i delete the "550.PBP" File from downloading 5.50 GEN-D3? It's in my ROOT. Or is it needed or something?
    Last edited by Newblet; 12-27-2009 at 05:40 PM.

Once you're on cfw, you can delete everything you used to get there.

Senior Member PSP Elite Hacker delon4o's Avatar
    Great work Jubba.Um you can add that MHUSPEED3 work best on fake MS`s.All the chickHEN`s just wont work ok on a fake MS
    First PSP2k : OFW 5.03 --> CFW 3.72M33-1 --> CFW 5.00m33-4 --> 5.00m33-6 --> 5.02 GEN-A -->5.50 GEN-A --> broken screen --> sold
    Second PSP2k : OFW 4.01 --> 5.03 --> ChickHEN R2 --> CFWEnabler 3.60 --> 5.03MHU

10:35 <-Mufasa-> in mother russia, children don't walk on street, street walks on childrem

Senior Member I Modded My PSP inf3kted's Avatar
    whats chicken do sorry.

well chickHEN is an exploit that puts the psp in user mod and allow the psp to play/run homebrews
    First PSP2k : OFW 5.03 --> CFW 3.72M33-1 --> CFW 5.00m33-4 --> 5.00m33-6 --> 5.02 GEN-A -->5.50 GEN-A --> broken screen --> sold
    Second PSP2k : OFW 4.01 --> 5.03 --> ChickHEN R2 --> CFWEnabler 3.60 --> 5.03MHU

10:35 <-Mufasa-> in mother russia, children don't walk on street, street walks on childrem

Ty delon4o,

Quoted you at the top of my second post for now.

Junior Member PSP User The Extreme's Avatar
    so with this i can get custome firmware withouth the pandora or the memery stick thing?

If you're on 6.20 firmware like your profile states, then no. This is only for 5.03 or lower.

Junior Member PSP User The Extreme's Avatar
    ok so im buy the pandora then
    In Mother Russia, Children Don't Walk On Street, Street Walk On Children

Ok, I'm a total n00b at this, I got the chickhen enviroment installed finally on my phat, but I'm confused as to what I'm supposed to do next, I extracted the recovery folder to psp/game/ then I renamed the eboot to 500, where am I supposed to put the eboot.pbp file from the 5.0 firmware update download?

you need to have a renamed FW update from eboot.pbp to 500.pbp (for the original 5.00 FW) in the recovery folder.
    It should look like this ms0:/PSP/GAME/RECOVERY/EBOOT.PBP+500.PBP

Junior Member PSP User
    thank's alot for this guide, i just got up to 5.50 gen-d3 first go, hopefully it'll stay that way!

Page 1 of 12 12311 ... LastLast