Thread: EEK! More Problems with the Backlight

1. #1 EEK! More Problems with the Backlight 
    Senior Member I Modded My PSP katsumoriyama's Avatar
    Ok so first i bricked my psp, then i got a new motherboard and then the backlight didn't work. Then i got a new lcd screen and the backlight still doesn't work. When i hold the psp up too the light i still can see the psp XMB menu. I have heard that the problem is that the cable won't go in all the way.

So i guess there are two possible problems:

1. the Motherboard i bought on ebay sucks and the connection place was messed up and doesn't work because it is messed up and i am going to be really pissed of that guy who after i bought it took 2 weeks before i got it.

2. The backlight cable isn't going in all the way. Somehow i need to push it in all the way.

So does anybody have any pictures and stuff of how i can get the backlight cable all the way in.
    Ouch! This Hurt
    http://www.metacafe.com/watch/500798... ing_him_flip/

Watch this video and be amazed!

Senior Member PSP Elite Hacker the begginer's Avatar
    well i just changed my faceplate and lcd screen last week and the screen has two strips in the back, and you have to lock it in where the black clips are is that your problem.
    IF YOU HAVE A QUESTION ABOUT BOTH PSP PHAT OR SLIM PM ME.

are you talking about the 2 cables from the lcd screen. one is the output and the other small one is the backlight. the backlight one is not going in all the way or something so that is my problem
    Ouch! This Hurt

well yeah the small strip it should go in man unless either you can because it is very small and the hole is awfully small. try fitting it in there its pretty easy its where the black clip is.

i acutally figured out the problem i think. when i put the cable/wire strand in and close the clamp it will acutally pull back out without much effort. this means the clamp is messed up because i have tried 2 different psp screens. so unless anybody has any ideas i will probably return the mobo to the guy on ebay if i can.
    Ouch! This Hurt

it could be the motherboard dont trust ebay for those things man.

well the other one he sold too this other guy worked for him
    Ouch! This Hurt

yeah but your not always going to get the perfect one which i hate when it happens to me.

this may cost money but why not try and get a professional in to see it then he could fix the problem (it may cost quite a bit though)

Junior Member PSP User
    Quote Originally Posted by katsumoriyama View Post
    Ok so first i bricked my psp, then i got a new motherboard and then the backlight didn't work. Then i got a new lcd screen and the backlight still doesn't work. When i hold the psp up too the light i still can see the psp XMB menu. I have heard that the problem is that the cable won't go in all the way.

So i guess there are two possible problems:

1. the Motherboard i bought on ebay sucks and the connection place was messed up and doesn't work because it is messed up and i am going to be really pissed of that guy who after i bought it took 2 weeks before i got it.

2. The backlight cable isn't going in all the way. Somehow i need to push it in all the way.

So does anybody have any pictures and stuff of how i can get the backlight cable all the way in.

Uhmm...well maybe you have the same problem i ran into. My current 3.03 official fw psp was no good because of a cracked screen. And i also have an official 3.40 fw psp too that was no good either because of no backlight. I could still see the main icons but there wouyld be no backlight. What i found out is that its is a fuse that the backlight is connected to that if you pull out the cable while the psp is turned on you fuck the fuse up. so basically putting it, you have to "Ghetto rig" it like you would a car stereo. Give it power from the source which would be the battery is the cars case. Now i wont go into complete details because i wasnt actually the one who fixed em, my buddy did the soldering. Oh yea one big thing is you have to solder the a cable giving the screen power. This does not say that you have to stick the screen permanently on the "mobo". What i should tell you is that once you give it direct power, and you decide to pull out the backlight cable while its on, say bye bye. From what i have seen so far there is no risk so far for my "mobo" or screen. Hell, it beats paying for a new "mobo" i think.

Actually while i was at it i found a video for you, but i cant seem to find it anymore. It was actually pretty low quality but it gave you an idea of where to look. And of course i would have been here for assistance. I still am.
    Oh btw, my 3.03 doesnt have the backlight clamp on anymore and it still works. So sorry if this has been mentioned before but it still works without the lil clamp.
    Last edited by Xirextorcious; 06-24-2007 at 08:25 PM.
    Your Pain My Pleasure

aim me when you get a chance i can try to fix it.

aim, katsumoriyamu
    Ouch! This Hurt

Junior Member PSP User smojaz101's Avatar
    i really need some help in using emulators

Junior Member PSP User
    your backlight ribbon is prolly busted like mine. at first i could push it upwards (insted of forward into the slot with the clamp thingy) and kind of fold it over and the connection would come back to life and the back light would work.. soooo is there anwhere i can find a replacement "backlight ribbon" (if it is even possible to remove and replace )???????? so i dont have to buy a completly new screen? sheesh for 70 bucks i'd rather try and find a whole bricked slim

ps. the emu guy above me is completly off topic.
    The Rampaging Noob

this is a comon problem and iit shows up when you pull the backligth cable of with the psp on so what you have to do is feed your backligths directly from the batery if you dont want to change all. but if you want something more prefecional and well don, get another psp or change your mobo and the display

Senior Member I Modded My PSP
    You guys.... This thread is over a year old, he either fixed the Problem, or gave up long ago

This was just bumped by the Emu guy

I have an Avatar script like this, But vbulliten Hates it