Senior Member I Modded My PSP
    My first post ever

Ok i will break my question in parts

What i have :-
    1] Slim psp with official Firmware 3.72
    2]Original Sony Battery Model No PSP-S110 (1200mAh) Made in Japan

What i want to do :-
    1] To install custom firmware [3.71 M33]
    2] To hard Mod My Battery (One wire method) to pandora [ Since i do not have access to another CFW enabled PSP and do not want to buy service tool battery]

What i want to know :-
    1] I have read in the net that new sony batteries (especially made in japan are pandora proof. I want to know whether they are softmod proof or harmod proof or both soft & Hard mod proof. I have read many users have modded their slim battery to pandora using one wire method... But their battery were made in china ....... So please tell me whether to go for the moding or not ....... Thanks

Senior Member PSP Elite Hacker canadianbacon's Avatar
    I'm pretty sure they are just softmod proof, they disabled writing to the battery eeprom.

He's probably right.. Mines made in Japan and its not working when I tried cutting the wire.

Quote Originally Posted by Taska View Post
    He's probably right.. Mines made in Japan and its not working when I tried cutting the wire.
    Can you elaborate on that ...... Like is your battery for fat/slim psp & model no. of your battery .... & whether you tried resoldering the leg again and did it work like a normal battery again or not .......... I really cant make my mind for mod until & unless i'm 100% sure ...... Can anyone confirm if they have a same battery and the hard mod (single wire method/lifting the leg method) has worked for them or not

Junior Member PSP User
    hey jack,

i searched the net and i found a post of someone
    in a german forum who has one wire modded his
    battery with the one wire method.

hmm, i hate this 15 post limit...

the post is:
    Hier eine Anleitung für den PSP-S110 Accu der SLIM

ohne das man den PIN des IC´s durch Trennen muss, Ich hab das gerade an meinen Akku gemacht funktioniert 100%, egal ob Made in China oder Made in Japan (bei meinen steht Made in Japan)

mit diesen HARD-MOD hab Ich gestern meiner erste SLIM Umgerüstet.

"Here is a link to my tutorial"

Ich hab diese 1 Wire MOD für den SLIM Akku hier nicht nicht gesehen , wenn schon vorhanden nicht gleich meckern...

Gruß

Die Babsy
    Translated:
    Here's a guide for the slim's PSP-S110 battery

without the need of cutting the pin of the IC, I just have this done with my battery; works 100%, no matter if Made in China or Made in Japan (Mine is Made in Japan)

With this HARD-MOD I have modded my first SLIM yesterday.

"Here is a Link to my tutorial"

I haven't seen this 1 wire mod for the slim here, don't nag if it's here already...

Greetings

Babsy
    If you're going to do the Mod please tell me if it worked,
    then i will update my tutorial.
    And a pic of your battery would be nice, too ^^

Quote Originally Posted by JayL View Post
    hey jack,

i searched the net and i found a post of someone
    in a german forum who has one wire modded his
    battery with the one wire method.

hmm, i hate this 15 post limit...

the post is:

Translated:

If you're going to do the Mod please tell me if it worked,
    then i will update my tutorial.
    And a pic of your battery would be nice, too ^^
    Thanks for the reply ................. I think i will carry out the mod but not before 7 days from now ......... Cos i have a fake memory card (For Magic Memory Stick) and i'll be borrowing the original Sony memory card from my cousin ..... But he is not in town and will be back after a week ......... As many modders reported that fake memory card not always work as magic memory stick i will not be taking chance with my fake one ......... And yes i'll post the pics if all goes well

Ok i have got the original Sony memory Stick .... And i'll be trying it out today ...... My allowance says, If this doesnt go well then i wont be getting the new battery for another 3 months

Ok i have performed the Mod and it went well .......Man i’m soooooooooooo Happy ...........Now i have 3.71 M33 CFW loaded,.. I used total newbie easy pandora installer for magic memory stick (will soon be shifting to 3.71 M33-4... Many users are reporting some issues with 3.80 M33 so i wont be installing that for now).

Opening the battery compartment took me about an hour or so ........ Earlier before the mod when i use to see pics in the net of the mod, .. i use to like – I can do it, just have to solder one wire, no big deal ... But when i saw the board with my eyes... I was shocked to see how small the two points were... I mean they were no were near as big as it looked in pics ... specially the black one.... At that time i was having a second thought whether to perform the mod or not.. .. i mean i’m not a pro solderer (if that’s the right word), i do occassional soldering may be 4 or 5 times a year and i have never messed with a thing that small with my soldering iron ever before...... But i decided to go for it .... It took me about 5 tries to properly solder the two points and as a precaution i used some tape on the two points to prevent solder coming out..... .. After that it was a breeze ..... Inserted the magic stick, plugged in the battery ( Dint close the battery compartment as you can see in the pic, i just pushed the female socket of the battery’s board to the male socket of the psp)... and pressed X to install the CFW .... Oh yes and i made the Nand Dump before that).... And later i desoldered the wire to make it back to Normal Battery...

I wonder why this method is not talked about more often in the net, like lifting the leg one ......... I think this method is easy, compared to the leg method and the battery can easily be converted back to normal ...

Only one question remains ....... In many tutorial it has been said to format flash1 right after the installation of CFW on a slim........ I have’nt done it but my psp is working fine ...... What is the need to format flash1 and is it necessary to do it ?

BTW here are some pics of the Mod

My PSP Running OFW before the mod

Tools I used for the mod (Soldering iron, Solder, Craft Knife, Strip of 80 conductor IDE Cable)

Battery PSP-S110 (Made in Japan)

Inside the battery Compartment

You have to solder a wire to those two points

two points connected ... & as a precaution i put some tape on it

Battery back in the psp and plugged the socket (No need to tape the battery cover now, you can do that after the installation of CFW and desoldering the wire unless you want to keep the battery pandozised... Or you can add a switch to change between normal and pandora mode. You can get more info on this in the thread started by JayL ... Thread named - How-To: Switchable Pandora PSP-Slim Battery (Hard-Mod)

Battery taped up after the installation of CFW & Desoldering the wire

The Most Beautiful & Satisfying sight of the whole process

Bottom Line :- Hard Mod does work with Japaneese Battery

I have a new PSP-S110 made in china battery and I have cut the pin 1 but when I insert the battery the power led turn on but nothing happen, why?

Quote Originally Posted by tony2k View Post
    I have a new PSP-S110 made in china battery and I have cut the pin 1 but when I insert the battery the power led turn on but nothing happen, why?
    Your battery seems to be OK if the power led is turning on,....... If you are not getting the pandora menu in the screen that means you may have not made the Magic Memory Stick Properly.... Or if the magic memory stick is for 3.71 M33 firmware then it may be in blind mode..... That means the pandora menu is there but is not visible in screen,. in that case just press X to install the custom firmware ......... Otherwise try another Magic Memory stick Maker to make the mms........ You can use catb50's mms maker,... Its one of the best ........ You can download it from here.. Send big files the easy way. Files too large for email attachments? No problem!
    Firmware History :- PSP Slim with OFW 3.72 => 3.71 M33 => 3.71 M33-4 => 3.90 M33 => 3.90 M33-3 => 4.01 M33 => 4.01 M33-2

Member PSP User
    Quote Originally Posted by tony2k View Post
    this is what i am stuck at.. tried everything and still no work.

Member PSP User
    so.. anyone know whats up with this?

Quote Originally Posted by findme View Post
    this is what i am stuck at.. tried everything and still no work.
    You may not have made the magic memory stick properly,.......... BTW which model of psp you are using ???
    Firmware History :- PSP Slim with OFW 3.72 => 3.71 M33 => 3.71 M33-4 => 3.90 M33 => 3.90 M33-3 => 4.01 M33 => 4.01 M33-2

One of your problems could be that you havent got your custom firmware on your memory stick remember to back it up and then format it then put the cfw on it.
    Or it could be that you need to hold down a button can change for everyone mine was left trigger then insert battery so try that and r tigger etc.