Thread: Is your PSP now a very expensive paper weight and you viod your warranty?

1. #1 Is your PSP now a very expensive paper weight and you viod your warranty? 
    I have been currently interning in Sony, specifically ÃƒÆ’Ã†â€™Ãƒâ€šÃ‚Â¢ÃƒÆ Ã‚Â¢ÃƒÂ¢Ã¢â€šÂ¬Ã…Â¡Ãƒâ šÃ‚Â¬ÃƒÆ’Ã¢â‚¬Â¦ÃƒÂ¢Ã¢â €šÂ¬Ã…“Warranty Repair/Refurbishingà¢ÃƒÂ¢Ã¢â‚¬Å ¡Ã‚¬Ã‚?. To help you guys all out I will try to find out how they flash the system on the Memory and report back here with my results.
    All your PSP needs at http://www.iwannadownload.com

Junior Member PSP User Mr. Lizzard's Avatar
    yeah great! I will try to find out as well

Sick, come wit it!

TOM
    Senior Member I Modded My PSP TOM's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by darkpower_4
    I have been currently interning in Sony, specifically ÃƒÆ’Ã†â€™Ãƒâ€šÃ‚Â¢ÃƒÆ Ã‚Â¢ÃƒÂ¢Ã¢â€šÂ¬Ã…Â¡Ãƒâ šÃ‚Â¬ÃƒÆ’Ã¢â‚¬Â¦ÃƒÂ¢Ã¢â €šÂ¬Ã…“Warranty Repair/Refurbishingà¢ÃƒÂ¢Ã¢â‚¬Å ¡Ã‚¬Ã‚?. To help you guys all out I will try to find out how they flash the system on the Memory and report back here with my results.
    also if you have time can you sneak a umd burner out if you can i think where they make the games is in china some one in the east oh well you can have a look

jsh
    Senior Member PSP Mad Hacker jsh's Avatar
    this sure sounds interesting! sneak in a digicam / videocam and document the entire process of psp-rebirth

Quote Originally Posted by TOM
    also if you have time can you sneak a umd burner out if you can i think where they make the games is in china some one in the east oh well you can have a look
    The UMD is a single sided DVD, duel layered mini, here's the down low on it, it holds 4.65GB the same as a single sided normal size DVD, actually the already make personal UMD burners, Sony uses the anagram "UMD" to through people off "UMD" is really a mini DVD, exept it's two layers on the same side, if your DVD Burner is newer than 2004 it can burn mini DVD's, that is Sony does it. All they do is after they burn it they put a metal center "cell" where the hole in the middle of the disk is and a plastic protector around it. for you to make and ISO just break the protector (so you can you use it again) and pop the Center PSP metal "cell" out. with a DVD burner buy mini DVDs (they hold 2.5GB) if the .iso file is smaller than 2.5GB (most are) you can put it on the new disk put the protector back on and the "cell" on the new disk and BOOM you got a Burnt UMD disk!!!

Senior Member PSP Elite Hacker drizzle's Avatar
    Take a big wiff... whats that smell? Its bullshit

A mini-dvd is 80mm and holds 1.4gigs of data
    A UMD is 60mm and holds 1.8 gigs of data

The miniDVD will not fit in the UMD case (UMD casing is 65mm wide and 64mm long) and the storage figures you quoted are way off.

Good Game.
    Before you post please
    Read the sticky's Read the manual Use the search button Google it

Drizzle's so cool he sh*ts icecubes.

Perhaps the internship is not quite working out for you fella! try a little harder buddy

I'm Not interning in that department, that was just a thery of mine, i just bring them coffee anyway damn. any way all i seen is they burn it then put it in the case and metal piece AFTER. have you ever broke a protector and took the metal peice out and try to stick it in the computer.

Senior Member PSP Elite Hacker drizzle's Avatar
    The computer would not be able to read a umd. Besides the AES encryption on the contents of the disk, a dvd uses a slightly different wavelength in the laser. A dvd uses a 650 nm wavelength red laser and a UMD uses a 660nm wavelength red laser. (CDs use a 780nm wavelength so its not a CD either).

If you work in "Warranty/Repair and Refurbishing" like you said in the first post, why are you seeing people burn UMDs? I would imagine that the games are manufacured in a completely different location then the repairs are done. Besides Sacramento has a sony music office and a television repair center, not a game manufacturing office. (There is a Sony game production unit in Santa Monica... but a 5 hour commute to an intership sounds a bit out of the way) </rant>
    Before you post please
    Read the sticky's Read the manual Use the search button Google it

Drizzle's so cool he sh*ts icecubes.

So this is all bull a pile of stinking and deformed bulls, I knew it! give me my money back.

Member PSP User
    This thread seems like a desperate plee for attention....

Quote Originally Posted by Antaeus
    So this is all bull a pile of stinking and deformed bulls, I knew it! give me my money back.
    stfu kiddy. Take your moans back to Toy Town.
    AKfiend.com - Will soon be completed. Information on Emu, Hacks, etc. All round technology!