Thread: Modding Help psp 1000

1. #1 Modding Help psp 1000 
    Hello, I'm new to the forums and rather new to modding anything but if anyone here wouldn't mind giving me a few pointers on the following, I'd greatly appreciate it. But first, let me apologies if I've posted this in the wrong section of your forums second allow me to apologies for posting this in the first place, I'm sure you get about 100 of these general post a day but I wanted to be absolutely sure of what I'm doing for my specific psp.

OK well, this is the specifications for my psp 1000 series/phat psp.

Firmware Version 5.03 official
    Battery: 3.6v 1800mAh
    Motherboard: I do not know how to find out what mother board my system is using or even if its specific to the series.

Anyway, I've made a jigkick battery the manual way and from what I've gathered, everything checks out fine, unless the LCD is supposed to power on? The psp starts itself up with the jigkick battery and the led light turns green, well what do I do next? I've seen a lot of tutorials for making a jigstick but, since I did the battery manually, what still applies?

Also, some questions of using custom firmware? If and when I get everything working, I would like to run an SNES Emulator on my psp, this is the main reason I'm attempting to mode my psp, would I be able to do this and what would be my best option? (I play SNES games on my comp at the moment but an actual d pad and 4 buttons would be rather nice.)

A benefit I was kinda hoping for would be the latest update of flash player so I could browse sites on my psp effectively, could I do this with custom firmware? Also, getting a new browser ex. firefox or even safari would be nice as well, would that be possible?

Thank you in advance to anyone who post suggestions for me.
    Oh and admins, if this is in the wrong place and its not to much to ask, could you e-mail me if you move it, so I can find it later?

Senior Member I Modded My PSP
    ok u need to make a mms do u have a memory stick thats not the 32mb 1

Quote Originally Posted by hessels92 View Post
    ok u need to make a mms do u have a memory stick thats not the 32mb 1
    I have a 1gb Sandisk, PRO Duo.

Senior Member I Modded My PSP
    ok well make a mms search rain;s mms maker use it simple straight forward and u should be fine post on here with problems if any

Senior Member PSP Elite Hacker
    Quote Originally Posted by hessels92 View Post
    ok well make a mms search rain;s mms maker use it simple straight forward and u should be fine post on here with problems if any
    There is a guide on it.

http://www.pspmod.com/forums/psp-sof...-xp-vista.html

There you go.
    Use catb if that wont work.

Hehe, sweet it worked thanks, for the guide!

A few more questions please? What do I do now? I put my jig kick in and held the left trigger and I dumped the nand because I heard a lot about that being important and it said the following bad blocks where found. 469, is that normal?

and I saved nand-dump.bin file to my jump drive, is that a good/bad idea?

Also, what should I downgrade too? I always thought the objective was firmware 1.5 but this only does firmware 4.XX? I suppose I could use the mms maker to downgrade to 1.5 but do I need 1.5 or will 4.XX work?
    Last edited by mshockey89; 03-04-2009 at 01:20 AM.

Um, ok well. WIth some study and tinkering I think I've answered a few of my own questions.

4.01 m33-2 is dark alex's firmware, I think, I installed it and
    4.01 OFW is the official firmware so happy day!

and after this I installed the 1.5 kernel, hoping this would allow me to play the SNES emulator on this sites download page, unfortunately, it seems this assumption is incorrect as the data is still listed as Corrupted. I don't know, I may have done something wrong.

I placed 1.0 and 1.5 in psp > games directory, fired up my psp and tried to run the application to no avail. I know I'm asking a lot of questions and you've all been more than kind in answering, for that I thank you, but does anyone know how I could get this working on 4.01 m33-2?

The King Of Chinatown PSP Elite Hacker Geek's Avatar
    okay look frosthack has a link of emus for 3xxx and above look for that and there is really no need for 1.5 emus

I'm not a pirate. I am a 21st century Che liberating files from the capitalist overlords.
    How to check if you can mod your PSP

Thanks MZ for a sleek sig!

Hey, sweet thanks for the posts. I got SNES9xTYL working but, I just upgraded to 5.00 M33-6 and now its not working. I think I may need to re-install the 1.5 kernel, but if that doesn't work I'll give the 3xx emulator a try.

By the way, I've been wondering what this is exactly, I've seen it everywhere on you tube but no download links or information, anyone know what this is and perhaps a download link?

Quote Originally Posted by mshockey89 View Post
    Hey, sweet thanks for the posts. I got SNES9xTYL working but, I just upgraded to 5.00 M33-6 and now its not working. I think I may need to re-install the 1.5 kernel, but if that doesn't work I'll give the 3xx emulator a try.

By the way, I've been wondering what this is exactly, I've seen it everywhere on you tube but no download links or information, anyone know what this is and perhaps a download link?
    Try the emulators i linked you to not anything else.
    And if you are wondering what 3xx is,its the kernel for 3xx firmwares.

The King Of Chinatown PSP Elite Hacker Geek's Avatar
    the 1.5 kernel is a feature that allows you to use the base prog from 1.5 to run some homebrew that were only made for 1.5, it doesn't work on slims, and if you install it you lose Korean font, and location free player, I see no real use for it now as there are few things that 1.5 can do that the latest m33 can't

I'm not a pirate. I am a 21st century Che liberating files from the capitalist overlords.
    How to check if you can mod your PSP

Thanks MZ for a sleek sig!