Thread: Pulling my hair out.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
  1. #1 Pulling my hair out. 
    Junior Member PSP User
    Ok, first off hats off to you guys who have done this. But I can't believe how much information there is out there. I've been searching and reading guide after guide and getting no where. The last 2 days have been spent trying to make this mms from different guides.

History of my problem is posted in another thead titled Hardware issues?

So I bought a Pandora battery (it's a phat battery) and 1 Gb memory stick. Used Pandora Deluxe 2.9 with an eboot file for 1.5 which is from the instructions given to me from where I bought the battery from, formatted and created the memory stick.

when I put the pandora battery in either one of my broken psp or my wifes with OFW 3.71 the green light comes on. I have looked at the config file in /TM folder to find which buttons I should be using and none of them do anything.

I've read 2 different things.

First, most people say the memory stick isn't done right. What the hell is the program doing then?

Second, I've read t088v3 motherboards show the same symptom of what I see, but I have no way of confirming this?

Basically, what can I do using my wifes psp with ofw 3.71 to make the mms to fix my broken psp?

Elite Bullshitter PSP Elite Hacker Jubbabubba's Avatar
    Click and use the link in my Sig. MMS:5.00M33-4 (DC8) to make your MMS, just reformat your MS. *read the readme.txt really simple *

After you've created the MMS, first stick it in your wifes with the Pandora to make sure it'll boot up for you, then stick it in yours.

Junior Member PSP User
    You mean the one in the sig titled MMS:5.00M33-4 (DC8)?

That's another thing I read is that DC 8 was the only one to work, but so many programs, so many guides I just was finding too many things without clear answers.

I will try this program and let you know.

Yeah that one, sorry about that. Edit my post a couple of times to clarify. :x

Senior Member PSP Elite Hacker Killer's Avatar
    //////////////////////
    Quote Originally Posted by Jubbabubba View Post
    Click and use the link in my Sig. MMS:5.00M33-4 (DC8) to make your MMS, just reformat your MS. *read the readme.txt really simple *

After you've created the MMS, first stick it in your wifes with the Pandora to make sure it'll boot up for you, then stick it in yours.

Zomg, selective reading at it's finest!

Junior Member PSP User
    Alight, Thanks JubbaBubba, that MMS worked fine with my wifes. Got the menu to install M33-4 and such. Also the first time I read that I laughed at that same line.

Now after putting the mms and pandora battery in mine, I get the green light only. No flashing memory card lights. So I guess it is hardware issue.

Before I got the battery and mms, I took out my screen and put it in my wifes psp and it worked, so I don't think it's the screen or backlight. Also would assume that the startup lights would work even though the screen didn't.

So I guess it's either the memory card slot, or the mobo. (I'm guessing they are together).
    Last edited by JacksonJ; 12-02-2009 at 05:43 PM.

Since it worked well with your wifes psp (Make sure to update to -6 using the wirless updater or 5.00m33-6 updater from say Dl.qj.net), then you know the MMS is working.

So you have a 2k with a TA-088V3 Mobo which is unhackable :x

Or a 3k which is just unhackable.

Before giving up on your 2k hopefully, insert the stick and Pandora again, give it a few second then hit X and wait for a couple mins. If you're lucky, then the screen just wasn't showing up, but it'll still install. (Wishful thinking )

L
    Did you drop yours?, mess with the flash 0 or 1, format it using windows?, NAND?. These are some of the things that can permenantly screw up you PSP. I have a NAND brick on one of my PSPs that does exactly what your describing................nothing but a green light(John Legend).

Junior Member PSP User
    Quote Originally Posted by El Guapo View Post
    Did you drop yours?, mess with the flash 0 or 1, format it using windows?, NAND?. These are some of the things that can permenantly screw up you PSP. I have a NAND brick on one of my PSPs that does exactly what your describing................nothing but a green light(John Legend).
    I was last playing a game, and powered it off. It was also being charged by a car charger. After turning it off it was left for a month, battery drained again, couldn't power on after charging the battery. It was running OFW so I never messed with the flash or nand.

What kind of psp is it?

Junior Member PSP User
    It's a psp-2001 Star wars edition.

Bought it 2 weeks before I bought my wifes, which is a psp-2001 Daxter edition.

Oh... Well it's hackable then -_-. Just have to figure out why the MMS isn't booting it up.

Did you try inserting both MMS and Pandora then hitting x even if nothing pops up? :x

Junior Member PSP User
    Yeah, left it for 5 mins after hitting X, still only green light on, no flashing memory lights or wifi. Removed it and put in normal battery in and doesn't power on.

I don't think this would be the solution, but you could try remaking the MMS with Rains Ultimate w/e, then popping it in while holding the left trigger I think it was. *i'll post a link to Rains and the Firmware needed in a min or so*

Scrolled up and read one of your posts, the Wifi/MS component and Mobo are two separate parts. If you had extras laying around, you could try that, but I don't think that's the problem.

PSP Downloads | Rain's UltraLite MMS Maker for 5.00 M33-4
    PSP Downloads | 5.00 Firmware Update

Download and extract both of those files into a folder created on your Desktop (For ease of access). Pop in your MS or connect Via usb, select your drive letter, then check the Format check box, then click Make MMS.

After it's done, pop it into your psp. Hold down the left trigger before inserting the Pandora.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast