Thread: Fake memory stick, Should i trust it?

1. #1 Fake memory stick, Should i trust it? 
    Senior Member PSP Elite Hacker Jccage's Avatar
    So i got a fake 8 GB memory stick from my friend, for free, so i was thinking of selling my 4 GB.

Should i rely on this one though? It says magicgate unknown so i guess its fake. It looks exactly like a sony one but with no sony label.

Should i trust it?
    Hacking Basics, And how to do it. Click here.

Jen
    I wouldnt sell the 4 gig though reguarding something happens to the fake

Senior Member PSP Mad Hacker seagrtj's Avatar
    agree with raverocker. you won't get but a few bucks out of the 4G anyway so why sell it. and to be perfectly honest, people make too much of a big deal out of the fakes. sure you aren't going to make a mms out of it, but for gameplay they are fine. i had a fake 2G for like almost 2 years and never had a problem once. as a precaution, if you ever think about it, periodically backup your savedata folder to your pc so you will always have your gamesaves if the MS goes south on ya.

Senior Member I Modded My PSP inf3kted's Avatar
    I've been using a 2gb fake for 3years no issues but that was only because i used it for save/load/music/videos.

Senior Member PSP Elite Hacker Jccage's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by seagrtj View Post
    agree with raverocker. you won't get but a few bucks out of the 4G anyway so why sell it. and to be perfectly honest, people make too much of a big deal out of the fakes. sure you aren't going to make a mms out of it, but for gameplay they are fine. i had a fake 2G for like almost 2 years and never had a problem once. as a precaution, if you ever think about it, periodically backup your savedata folder to your pc so you will always have your gamesaves if the MS goes south on ya.
    I'm getting a decent price for it actually. Plus i want some PS3 games...
    Hacking Basics, And how to do it. Click here.

Senior Member PSP Mad Hacker dashneo's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Jccage View Post
    I'm getting a decent price for it actually. Plus i want some PS3 games...
    well if it's a good enough of a deal then go ahead and sell it, I don't think fakes are too unreliable for games. but like seagrtj said you should make backups. btw heavy rain (PS3) for teh win!
    Quote Originally Posted by clwnz View Post
    I type with my dick, and you don't see me typing as shitty as you.

Senior Member PSP Mad Hacker
    Keep it and "trust" it...Don't put your term paper on it, but at the same time don't think that it's gonna fry your psp... "fake" just means that it ain't signed by sony - doesn't mean that it won't work. Yes, there's some shady manufacturers (well, distributors really) that'll sell bogus shit... For the most part, though, there's all of half a dozen factories in china that stamp these things out - the only difference between a $20 and a $60 stick is the sticker they put on it...

...If you can get a good price for the 4gig, do it - I wouldn't pay more than $20, probably less considering it's used...I can get a brand-spankin new 4gig SD card (yeah, it ain't a mspd, but I do happen to be ME) for $15 at walmart as we speak... If the 8 gig shows all 8 gigs, go ahead and trust it... You'll probably have an issue with it some time or other, but that's just the way of things - solid state dies faster, that's just the way it is... Aside from that, MAGICGATE DOESN'T MEAN OR DO SHIT, so don't worry about it... I really should change my sig to that considering how often I've said it in the past year... The one I've got works, though...
    If you see me running, try to keep up.

Administrator PSP Elite Hacker admin's Avatar
    fake memory sticks are usually slower in speed and also more likely to break. Tough choice
    PSPMOD Administrator : Useful Links Below

PSPMOD Guides : Downloads : ChatRoom : Free PSP Downloads