Thread: Sony has sent out PSP2 dev kits for big 2011 launch

1. #1 Sony has sent out PSP2 dev kits for big 2011 launch 
    Senior Asshole PSP Elite Hacker cowboycalstar's Avatar

You can’t deny it, too many rumors on the PSP2. There has too be some truth to it all. And the current system is near the end of its life cycle. Still Sony claim it should be good for 10 years. Which means 4 to go…. But I’m sure the Nintendo 3DS on the way, coming 2011. This has somewhat changed Sony’s 10 year PSP game-plan. And according to Develop. Sony has already sent out many PSP2 development kits, as they want a really strong line-up of games for the when the system is finally launched. It all makes sence, who wants to see a new hand-held PSP system with only a few release titles. Nobody, especially Sony.
    Sony has handed PSP2 development kits to a number of key studios for a “significant launch window line-up”, Develop has heard.
    It was claimed earlier in the year that developers were shown the device, and Sony has since sent out dev kits to numerous development studios – both third-party and in-house.
    Multiple industry sources – who have over the last two months spoken to Develop on the matter – give the impression that Sony is spreading its PSP2 tech widely across the industry for a big impact at launch.
    Develop’s sources were understandably unwilling to speak on the record about the new handheld, mentioning the device in passing, and declining to provide details on prototypes.
    All I ask is Sony at least thought of including the following in the new PSP2:
    • Dual Analog sticks
    • Ps2 PSN title support, just image the huge PS2 back catalog!
    • Good battery life, we mean like 8-10 hours or plus not 3-4.
    • Wireless G or Wireless N (This is a sure thing, seeing most mobiles have Wireless N nowadays)
    • Backwards PSP1 support.
    • Amoled or Super Amoled screen. (Very nice contrast and its a power saving screen)
    • UMD drive or Mini Blu Ray / UMD combo drive
    • Same style layout (Like a PSP-1000 to PSP-3000)
    Source: Develop Online

Member PSP User
    i don't know about the battery life though, with the new tech that is probably in this thing, the power consumption will greatly increase. Unless some really groundbreaking discoveries have been made in batteries, the battery life will more than likely suffer.
    Fear the persuasion.

Hookah Hog PSP Elite Hacker Sennin's Avatar
    WOW 8-10 hours of battery life! Legit.

Spambuster Bitch PSP Elite Hacker dankgame's Avatar
    dule analog mini blu ray and ps2 psn title support ohh this makes me wanna cream
    new members and old read thisvvvvvvvv
    http://www.pspmod.com/forums/introdu...uncements.html

Senior Asshole PSP Elite Hacker cowboycalstar's Avatar
    you guise do know that that's a wish list, right?

Hookah Hog PSP Elite Hacker Sennin's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by cowboycalstar View Post
    you guise do know that that's a wish list, right?
    I got so excited I jumped the gun. T_T

Senior Member PSP Elite Hacker Jccage's Avatar
    What's the point of having a Amoled screen? It just pushes up the price and slows down how fast they can manufacture it. Amoled or Super Amoled is good for phones I would say, but for a PSP it won't make a lot of difference.
    Hacking Basics, And how to do it. Click here.

Hardware Modder PSP Elite Hacker BrokenRoses22's Avatar
    Pros
    -duel analong
    -brighter
    -updated tec
    -Ps2 support (kingdom hearts here I come again!!!)
    -newer features

Cons
    -Looks fat
    -easier screen cracking
    -replaces current psp lifestyle

Anyone know the pricing???
    Last edited by BrokenRoses22; 09-29-2010 at 11:47 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Jccage View Post
    What's the point of having a Amoled screen? It just pushes up the price and slows down how fast they can manufacture it. Amoled or Super Amoled is good for phones I would say, but for a PSP it won't make a lot of difference.
    really?
    whats the benefit?
    lets just count the ways and ignore the silly idea that slowing production time in favor of increased functionality is somehow a bad thing (hello, ps1!!!) and just skip on to the added benefits of an active matrix screen...
    it uses less power, is more visible in daylight, supports touch apps (noone can possibly be confused as to the fact that the next gen psp is going to be running linux/android) which increases not only usability on internet applications, but adds a ton of new possibilities to the gaming experience and also makes softsynth apps more likely to be developed for psp as well.
    whats the drawback list look like? a few months more development time? another 30 bucks to the price?
    really how impatient does one have to be? how much is too much for a toy that does damn near everything one can think of? what else are you looking forward to the next gen doing? playing games that sucked ten years ago? an extra stick that only serves to make an already wrist-destroying, unnatural grip requiring handheld and make it even harder on the carpals by adding an even less healthy angle to the right hands grip?
    the idea of them actually bothering to add a better chip to it is pretty laughable (read; "PS3 rebranding")... why do that when you can reissue the thing in a year with an optional chip that can clock faster than an overweight turtle and a spiffy new cardboard box!!??

Administrator PSP Elite Hacker admin's Avatar
    battery life needs to be improved, and Backwards PSP1 support is essential, Playstation have always had backwards compatability so im sure the PSP2 will do the same
    PSPMOD Administrator : Useful Links Below

PSPMOD Guides : Downloads : ChatRoom : Free PSP Downloads

Senior Member PSP Elite Hacker Jccage's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by fyins View Post
    really?
    whats the benefit?
    lets just count the ways and ignore the silly idea that slowing production time in favor of increased functionality is somehow a bad thing (hello, ps1!!!) and just skip on to the added benefits of an active matrix screen...
    it uses less power, is more visible in daylight, supports touch apps (noone can possibly be confused as to the fact that the next gen psp is going to be running linux/android) which increases not only usability on internet applications, but adds a ton of new possibilities to the gaming experience and also makes softsynth apps more likely to be developed for psp as well.
    whats the drawback list look like? a few months more development time? another 30 bucks to the price?
    really how impatient does one have to be? how much is too much for a toy that does damn near everything one can think of? what else are you looking forward to the next gen doing? playing games that sucked ten years ago? an extra stick that only serves to make an already wrist-destroying, unnatural grip requiring handheld and make it even harder on the carpals by adding an even less healthy angle to the right hands grip?
    the idea of them actually bothering to add a better chip to it is pretty laughable (read; "PS3 rebranding")... why do that when you can reissue the thing in a year with an optional chip that can clock faster than an overweight turtle and a spiffy new cardboard box!!??
    Facepalm. A Amoled screen is not always a touch screen, and the rest of your point is just... silly... especially as the USQ Won't be the touch screen anyways.

However, I think making a PSP Ultra Edition or such with all the high tech stuff like Amoled screens, a track pad or whatever would be nice...
    Hacking Basics, And how to do it. Click here.

Senior Member I Modded My PSP matthawes's Avatar
    Now that i've read this I almost can't wait for it to be released. It sounds awesome.