Thread: PSP 3004 with turns off after 15 seconds

1. #1 PSP 3004 with turns off after 15 seconds 
    Hi there.

I'm not new to PSPs but apparently new to PSP 3ks. I just got my hands on a PSP 3004 that turns on (meaning that the green power led works) but have a black screen and after 15-20 seconds it turns off. I suspect that the previous owner did something bad while updating his firmware. Bad thing is I have no way of contacting him to actually learn what was the actual problem.

What might be good info is that i saw that the battery opened up really easy while I was trying to see if the hardmod Pandora can take place so I can do it. And for now I don't really care if the battery won't be usable. And the second info is that I already have a PSP 1004 (PHAT Yeah) with the ability to create a pandora battery and actually have a pandora created battery laying around.

Can I do anything to give life to this thing?

edit: Sorry that I forgot to mention this. I tried putting my Phat battery in the PSP and start it up with no luck. Tried the pandora battery with an MMS created for my Phat and no luck again.

L
    Try this, hold down "select", "start" and "square", "X" all at the same time before and during the power up process and continue holding down and see if it re-boots

All these with pandora or not? It didn't work with the original battery.

I'm having the same issue with my 3001. I really need some help figuring it out. I'm th original owner and haven't modded it in anyway.

If you brick a 3000 its over for now. Pandora wont work with a 3000 no matter what version it is. Neilrl79 did you take out the battery during a OFW update or anything that made it shut off sudenly?
    Vader PSP2000 6.60ME 1.8
    Just got back on the scene testing thing out for now.

Threads to look at.

1.) How to: Install Opera Mini on your PSP
    2.) Best OFW/CFW Internet radio

L
    3000 will not respond to a MMS/pandoras combo so it useless to even try. If your 3000 did not reset using the above option I posted, then chances are its perma-bricked

Spambuster Bitch PSP Elite Hacker dankgame's Avatar
    send it to sony
    new members and old read thisvvvvvvvv
    http://www.pspmod.com/forums/introdu...uncements.html

Quote Originally Posted by El Guapo View Post
    3000 will not respond to a MMS/pandoras combo so it useless to even try. If your 3000 did not reset using the above option I posted, then chances are its perma-bricked
    I figured the pandora's don't actually work the hard way. I tried all my batteries playing from normal to pandora and normal again 2 times on 2 batteries = 4 times and a couple more times because I lost track on which battery was what

Anyway this one was free and I was just hoping to get it started. So for now I'll wait for another one at least booting to play with. Do you suggest I'd prefer a 2K hackable series? I mean for situations like this one where Pandoras are actually useless ?

Quote Originally Posted by dankgame View Post
    send it to sony
    That is another thing I've been thinking of. Can I find out if it still has warranty? Cause if it's a normal brick from updating Official firmware, Sony might bite.

Yeahhh getting a 3000 brick in hopes to fix it is pretty much useless. Id suggest a hackable 2k or a 1k. I prefer the 2k though.
    Vader PSP2000 6.60ME 1.8
    Just got back on the scene testing thing out for now.

Threads to look at.

1.) How to: Install Opera Mini on your PSP
    2.) Best OFW/CFW Internet radio

L
    Sony is going to charge you 99 bucks to fix or replace it. I might have a 1000 for sale, let me check my stock

Quote Originally Posted by El Guapo View Post
    Sony is going to charge you 99 bucks to fix or replace it. I might have a 1000 for sale, let me check my stock
    Hey thanks to both but El Guapo just a heads up. I currently live in Cyprus and shipping fees might cost me a new 1K . I'd appreciate a quote from you though. I already have a 1004 fully working and in better than new condition. I just love this machine and wanted to have a newer version of it or just a spare one to test out some mods (led, speakers, replacements .. you name it).

Thanks for the effort.

Quote Originally Posted by ^OX[ ] View Post
    If you brick a 3000 its over for now. Pandora wont work with a 3000 no matter what version it is. Neilrl79 did you take out the battery during a OFW update or anything that made it shut off sudenly?
    No just turned it on on tuesday and it had this problem. So I guess i'm pretty much S.O.L. then?

Quote Originally Posted by neilrl79 View Post
    No just turned it on on tuesday and it had this problem. So I guess i'm pretty much S.O.L. then?
    It appears so. You might wanna search for a store that accepts a trade in. Your broken for a new one with a discount. In Cyprus there is one store that accepts deals like this!