Thread: How To Stream Your PSP Screen To Your PC

1. #1 How To Stream Your PSP Screen To Your PC 
    Senior Member PSP Mad Hacker stef_o36's Avatar
    What You Need:

1) RemoteJoy: http://www.irshell.org/download/RemoteJoy4iRS.zip
    2) A PC
    3) Your PSP
    4) Working USB Host

Note: I am using the newest IRShell 3.7...you may obtain it here: PSP Downloads | iR Shell 3.7
    It is necessary in order to use this feature...

Guide:
    1) First make sure you can connect to USBHost fine (If you need help with this then please consult a USBHost guide before asking me, but if you still need help then I can help you)... now we need to configure your PSP...boot up IRShell and run the configurator. Make sure that both "Non-MS Media Access" and "Display Redirect to usbhost0" are set to "Enable" and save your changes.

2) Secondly, you need to download RemoteJoy from the link above...once it's downloaded extract the files to your desktop. There will be a readme and the .exe, double click the .exe and it will automatically create some folders...

3) Click on the .exe again if it doesn't boot up the first time...once RemoteJoy is booted up on your PC and you ran the configurator with the settings i said then boot up IRShell and click on "Toggle USBHost". Your PSP screen should now be displayed on the PC.

Short Guide to USBHost:
    Make sure you do step one above. If you click on the MP_ROOT folder on your desktop then some familiar folders will be there...you can use these folders to store all your PSP stuff you can't fit on the memory stick...think of it as your extra memory stick with a crap load of memory. You will notice that in this folder there is a USBHostFS.exe...double click this and toggle USBHost in IRShell with your USB connected to the PC. Now go to your directory view in IRShell and push triangle. Click on usbhost0:/ and viola...look familiar. It's the folders on your PC. You may access any files on your PC through this.

Example: If you have a backup ISO then put it in the MP_ROOT folder on your desktop inside the ISO folder...now enable USBHost in IRShell and do the same thing you did earlier but now click on ISO. Your ISO should be in there...click on it to boot it up and play it form your PC. Now any file you put in these folders is accessible without wasting memory on your stick...

Other Notes:
    -You can use the remotejoy feature in fullscreen mode with the top left button in the window.
    -You can use almost any joystick to control your PSP with this...(see the readme).
    Last edited by stef_o36; 10-13-2007 at 04:29 PM.
    Trust me, if I could make love to my PSP...I would...

Wanna learn how to make your own coldboot? Check out this guide: http://www.pspmod.com/forums/digital...ot-cintro.html

Senior Member PSP Elite Hacker Dahab's Avatar
    Sorry to put you down bro, no body wants this, the framerate sucks and the resolution is too low to look at.
    PC: Intel Core2Duo E6850 @ 3.00Ghz || 5GB Kingston 800Mhz || MSI nVidia 8800GT 1GB || WD 7200rpm 250GB || Seagate Free Agent 1.5TB || Benq 20" Monitor || Logitech G5 Two Thumb Button Edition || Logitech G11 Keyboard || Windows Vista Ultimate SP2 x64 || Gigabyte Sumo 5115 Chassis || MSI P7N Diamond || Zalman 850W

Gaming Consoles:
    Xbox 360 Elite (Falcon)

Samsung Series 6 1080p 32" HDTV

Gadgets:
    Nokia N95 8GB
    Sony PSP with 5.00 M33-6

Senior Member I Modded My PSP demonwing's Avatar
    I tried it out...I agree not so good quality.

using something like this is the best way to do it
    USB Video Capture Device

lol! it's all right...someone might use it, just trying to add to our guides here at pspmod, i thought it was cool...kinda like video output for fat psp's. the framerate isn't that low by the way...just a little laggy but not terrible.

Wanna learn how to make your own coldboot? Check out this guide: http://www.pspmod.com/forums/digital...ot-cintro.html

Senior Member I Modded My PSP demonwing's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by stef_o36 View Post
    lol! it's all right...someone might use it, just trying to add to our guides here at pspmod, i thought it was cool...kinda like video output for fat psp's. the framerate isn't that low by the way...just a little laggy but not terrible.
    oh yeah I forgot about fat psp's dont have video output...It certainly is viable if your making like a tutorial video or something that doesn't go too fast but as far as a game video wow that would not turn out good...just a little info before people download it

Senior Member PSP Elite Hacker The_Mechanix's Avatar
    i use this it works fine for alot of games but not for gta. or medal of honor heroes

Google is your friend
    INTERGALACTIC PROTON POWERED ELECTRICAL TENTACLED ADVERTISING DROIDS
    psp halo constantly updated
    http://www.pspmod.com/forums/sony-ps...-psp-halo.html

my theme
    http://www.pspmod.com/forums/digital...rst-theme.html

awesome dog
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=daPcCfhE_JQ&NR=1

Opened a new DIY Store! Cheap!

------------>www.diydevices.com<------------

dude your sig is very creepy...lol...thanks tho i wanted to know my ip but was too lazy to find it.

Well, I've managed to control my Mac Mini and my Toshiba Tecra laptop with the psp so I can see their screens on the PSP and control them and everything, but I can't get it the other way around ^^*
    The USBRemote thingy didn't work for me... I'll try again tomorrow, it's 3:10AM here... o hai, The_Mechanix!
    "Thus do I gladly accept my fate, for my wife I take Nabiki, as for her sister and the pig-tailed girl I take as my concubines!!!" - Tatewaki Kuno, Ranma 1/2

"Dattebayo!" - Naruto, Naruto

9. #9 get PS1 games on PC 
    Junior Member PSP User zathoraus's Avatar
    To get it working in PS1 games add RemoteJoy Lite to pops.txt in seplugins then at the top of the pops.txt add: flash0:/kd/usb.prx 1

so your pops.txt would look something like this:

Code:
    flash0:/kd/usb.prx
    ms0:/seplugins/RemoteJoyLite.prx

There is another way of doing it. It is called game streaming. check this out. Details can be found there as well.

[YOUTUBE]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YeNtn5K05m0[/YOUTUBE]