Thread: PSP MP3 alternative

1. #1 PSP MP3 alternative 
    Greetings,

New to the board after upgrading my firmware from 3.40 OE-A to 3.71 M33-2. But now that I am starting to use my PSP more I have a question. I would primarily use the PSP for playing Final Fantasy VII (never thought I would see the day when that happened) and playing back mp3s. I have come to the conclusion that waiting on Sony to improve their playback utility would be fruitless. Is there a homebrew program out there for mp3 playback (and maybe other media) that supports things you would see in a basic mp3 player (such as List by artist, List by Title, List by genre, search, etc.)? Any advice would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks,

rephormat

edy
    Member PSP User
    hi, i have a site link here, it has a list of homebrew apps on there and there is quite a few different mp3 player things on there. put some on and decide what one you like.

PSP Emulation News PSP Gaming PSP Hardware PSP Homebrew PSP hacking PSP Updates Playstation Portable PSP movies PSP consoles PSP Shop Buy Preoder PSP Here

Senior Member PSP Elite Hacker
    i dont think there is any mp3 homebrews. you could put youre music in folders if that helps, and thats about it.

Senior Member PSP Mad Hacker
    Try searching the QJ.net download section. They have a huge database. For example, I got the following results for "mp3":
    Search Result Page- -

I think there are several mp3 clients that are better players, because they are more simplistic and use less CPU, so your battery lasts longer. I am not sure how good their playlists are though.

5. #5 MP3 Progz 
    First off thanks to all of you who replied. I was beginning to think I was being outcast as a newb.

I have gone through all of your posts and have looked through the mp3 programs. Although none seem to have the features I'm looking for. I wonder how hard it is to get mp3s playing on homebrew and how difficult it would be to read ID2 and ID3 tags. That way the program can organize the files according to criteria (artist, title, genre, etc.)

Do any of you think there would be an interest in this?

Thanks,

r3ph0rmat

Senior Member I Modded My PSP
    You're looking for a program that almost emulates the iPod OS correct? that way you can sort songs by album, artist, genre, etc.? I'd be interested in something like this also, and I'd be shocked if there wasn't something. I'll look around and see if I have any luck.