Thread: New to PSPMod Please Help ^__^

1. #1 New to PSPMod Please Help ^__^ 
    Hi Guys,

My name's 퀀 히카루 (Kwon Hikaru) I just bought a PSP recently its Mint-Green colored region-free System 4.01 Slim PSP and I also have an R4 unit for the nintendoDS, so I thought PSP might have the same feature, and then I found this site.

Can anyone introduce me into how I can start running ISO(s) in my PSP? Im familiar with the basics as far as R4, PSX and PCSX2 Emulators with ISOs. But it seems like there's more into it regarding PSP(s).

1. Pandora Battery? - is this a MUST? how will it effect my battery if I follow the instructions in the howto thread, can I still play regular UMD games?

2. Magic Memory Card? - I bought an 8GB Memory Stick Pro Duo and i used right out of it box without formatting.. is that really necessary?

3. I found Fast Loader .07 (guessing its the latest) I followed how to place them, and my ISO(s) became "Corrupted Data" (did this without Pandora nor MMC)

4. I also downloaded CFW 4.01 M33-2 (tried to load it but it said: "The game cannot be started - error 800202418) - (again i did this without the Pandora + MMC) btw, what does M33 stand for?

Well, I hope you can help me with this, If I do need Pandora I might just buy it off your Shop, but with the MMC I'll look around for tutorials so I can make my 8GB into one. Thanks in advance ^___^

Senior Member PSP Mad Hacker Fayko's Avatar
    Hi welcome idk if your psp is hackable or not but let me try to answer your questions to the fullest
    1- Your battery will have the service mode option u can revert it between panodra and normal easly on the psp and at such a high fw yes its a must.

2- Format your mem card by going systems - system information - format mem card You cant use this mem card as your mms if u can hack ur psp it must be 4gs or less

3- Dunno

4- u must have cfw to upgrade to cfw
    hopes this helps

Quote Originally Posted by Fayko View Post
    Hi welcome idk if your psp is hackable or not but let me try to answer your questions to the fullest
    1- Your battery will have the service mode option u can revert it between panodra and normal easly on the psp and at such a high fw yes its a must.

2- Format your mem card by going systems - system information - format mem card You cant use this mem card as your mms if u can hack ur psp it must be 4gs or less

3- Dunno

4- u must have cfw to upgrade to cfw
    hopes this helps
    Wow fast reply, thanks.. but for #4, so does that mean I can download the 4.01 m33 instead of the 4.01 m33-2 and use that without pandora or MMC?

if thats the case then ill do it now.. ^__^
    thanks again for fast reply. helps me alot since Im new into this

No what i mean by that is you must already have cfw installed on your psp b4 u can update to a different fw you cant go from offical fw to cfw you must use pandora/mms or have an already cfw psp softmod your psp to get cfw the first time
    Btw i like ur name lol (sorry for random line)

I see. So in other words Im screwed. until I get Pandora and MMS.. or somehow find someone with a PSPmod. I see.. well guess Ill order off the PSPmod's Shop.. you accept PayPal? lol. Thanks it helped alot. Ill re-post once I get everything from the shop. ^___^

well im guess with ur name ur somewhere in asian no?
    if ur in america i doubt it but its worth a shot i can mod your psp for u free just pay shipping and handles both ways but if ur gonna take this route make sure ur psp is hackable

Actually Im Korean-Japanese.. but I move from place to place.. I was in Canada, Michigan, Okinawa, Gyeunggido, New Jersey, Florida, New York, Now in Texas.. and in 1 week I'll be in New Jersey.

Anyway.. how bout Popsloader? do i still need a cfw to play PS1 games on my PSP or is PopsLoader all I need?

yeah u need Cfw for pops if u want i can do it but u would have to ship to my TN address

Remember Reach PSP Mad Hacker Fanryu's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by KwonHikaru View Post
    Actually Im Korean-Japanese.. but I move from place to place.. I was in Canada, Michigan, Okinawa, Gyeunggido, New Jersey, Florida, New York, Now in Texas.. and in 1 week I'll be in New Jersey.

Anyway.. how bout Popsloader? do i still need a cfw to play PS1 games on my PSP or is PopsLoader all I need?
    I'm also willing to help too if you need it. I can do both also but it all depends on who you want to send it to. I can mod your PSP and give you POPsloader but make sure your PSP is hackable or else it won't work. I live in Maine so if you want my help let me know and I'll PM you my address. All you need to do is pay S&H and I'll do it for free also.

10. #10 8GB works fine... 
    Quote Originally Posted by Fayko View Post

hopes this helps
    actually i have an 8GB mem stick, and it works just fine.

you cant use a 8gb as a magic memory card for cfw its a 4gb limit

Senior Member PSP Mad Hacker cstanleyf9's Avatar
    duh everyone knows that :P

but of course you can use 8 gigs for other stuff. just not for a MMS
    Quote Originally Posted by Demonslash View Post
    Found a setting that makes Donkey Kong Country work fullspeed with NO frameskip!

Go to Hack/Debug Menu, then turn ON Ignore palette writes.

This makes it work 100% from what I can tell on a game that laged a lot before so. I have no tried this on other games yet.
    list of error codes for the psp and what they mean

I can't be living anymore
    somebody please kill me
    I really want to die
    as much as I wish to die,
    I will always make sure to keep myself alive

Senior Member PSP Elite Hacker Hacker's Avatar
    welcome to pspmod
    Great sig made by Major zero