Thread: How can i make my own game?

Results 1 to 13 of 13
  1. #1 How can i make my own game? 
    Junior Member PSP User
    Join Date
    Mar 2009
    Posts
    16
    Im interested in creating my own homebrew game, however, i have no idea where to start, does anyone have any tips or pointers they could give me.
    Reply With Quote  
     

  2. #2  
    Member PSP User
    Join Date
    Aug 2009
    Posts
    34
    have u ever learned programming?
    if no try first with a very simple language like basic, and if u think that you can enough, u can move to a harder language like pascal etc.
    I think they r written in C programming language.
    You can look for tutorials too on sites like:
    www dot psp-programming dot com
    Reply With Quote  
     

  3. #3  
    Senior Member PSP Elite Hacker DarkFoxSniper's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2007
    Posts
    5,878
    If your just starting out I suggest LUA..not as flexible as C/C++ but it will help you get some understanding of how programming works.

    Quote Originally Posted by iedwardsIII
    In the words of DFS, go die.

    PSP Motherboard F.A.Q. Coldboot Tutorial





    Reply With Quote  
     

  4. #4  
    Junior Member PSP User
    Join Date
    Mar 2009
    Posts
    16
    Cool, thanks for the tips, congratulations Darkfoxsniper on the birth of your son, my daughter was born on the 13th of august this year, i know how you feel because she is amazing too.
    Reply With Quote  
     

  5. #5  
    Senior Member PSP Elite Hacker Killer's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2006
    Posts
    4,315
    If you have no coding knowledge at all, i'd advise against it. The time it will take you to learn it and the game you'll produce won't be worth the trade off, trust me.
    Reply With Quote  
     

  6. #6  
    I want it all, brand new socks and draws! PSP Mad Hacker thecoo1est's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2008
    Posts
    586
    Quote Originally Posted by killer3737 View Post
    If you have no coding knowledge at all, i'd advise against it. The time it will take you to learn it and the game you'll produce won't be worth the trade off, trust me.
    way to motivate, hell you need to start somewhere if its what you feel like doing do it, you might be dead tomorrow
    Reply With Quote  
     

  7. #7  
    Senior Member PSP Elite Hacker Killer's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2006
    Posts
    4,315
    Quote Originally Posted by thecoo1est View Post
    way to motivate, hell you need to start somewhere if its what you feel like doing do it, you might be dead tomorrow
    i should've worded it different, i was meaning if you're going to learn a programming language, use it to write something other than a PSP homebrew game, something you'll get more use out of.

    The best place to start is creating some useful programs for your computer.
    Reply With Quote  
     

  8. #8  
    Member PSP User
    Join Date
    May 2009
    Posts
    80
    PSP Programming is done in the C Programming Language.

    There are 2 ways you can start devoloping, 1 is to Install Linux on a dual boot, then install the PSP Dev Tool kit, the second is to install CYGWIN and install the PSP Dev Tool Kit.


    I don't like LUA one single bit, because it is limited ONLY to firmwares 1.0 and 1.5

    Which fails epicly.

    SUPER. Epicly.


    anyways. Its not easy, trust me, I know ._.
    4.90 >Soft Mod> 4.01 m33 > 5.00 m33 > 5.00 m33-6 > Pandora > 1.5 > 5.50 > Pandora > 3.71 m33 > 5.00m33-6

    Psp 1001, soft mod battery.
    Reply With Quote  
     

  9. #9  
    Senior Member PSP Elite Hacker DarkFoxSniper's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2007
    Posts
    5,878
    Quote Originally Posted by umby24 View Post
    PSP Programming is done in the C Programming Language.

    There are 2 ways you can start devoloping, 1 is to Install Linux on a dual boot, then install the PSP Dev Tool kit, the second is to install CYGWIN and install the PSP Dev Tool Kit.


    I don't like LUA one single bit, because it is limited ONLY to firmwares 1.0 and 1.5

    Which fails epicly.

    SUPER. Epicly.


    anyways. Its not easy, trust me, I know ._.
    Umm..wrong there is Lua Players for the 3.XX+ Kernels.

    Quote Originally Posted by iedwardsIII
    In the words of DFS, go die.

    PSP Motherboard F.A.Q. Coldboot Tutorial





    Reply With Quote  
     

  10. #10  
    Member PSP User
    Join Date
    May 2009
    Posts
    80
    Quote Originally Posted by DarkFoxSniper View Post
    Umm..wrong there is Lua Players for the 3.XX+ Kernels.
    I've had plenty of LUA made- games downloaded, and it ticks me off cus I don't want to be running around using time machine to run said games.


    Fricken 5.00 m33... Grr.
    4.90 >Soft Mod> 4.01 m33 > 5.00 m33 > 5.00 m33-6 > Pandora > 1.5 > 5.50 > Pandora > 3.71 m33 > 5.00m33-6

    Psp 1001, soft mod battery.
    Reply With Quote  
     

  11. #11  
    Senior Member PSP Elite Hacker DarkFoxSniper's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2007
    Posts
    5,878
    Quote Originally Posted by umby24 View Post
    I've had plenty of LUA made- games downloaded, and it ticks me off cus I don't want to be running around using time machine to run said games.


    Fricken 5.00 m33... Grr.
    What are you talking about 3.XX kernel game WILL run from the 5.XX kernel.

    Quote Originally Posted by iedwardsIII
    In the words of DFS, go die.

    PSP Motherboard F.A.Q. Coldboot Tutorial





    Reply With Quote  
     

  12. #12  
    Member PSP User
    Join Date
    May 2009
    Posts
    80
    Never works for me. I've tryed it in the game 380 and game150 folders, didn't do jack. "Game couldn't be started"
    4.90 >Soft Mod> 4.01 m33 > 5.00 m33 > 5.00 m33-6 > Pandora > 1.5 > 5.50 > Pandora > 3.71 m33 > 5.00m33-6

    Psp 1001, soft mod battery.
    Reply With Quote  
     

  13. #13  
    Senior Member PSP Elite Hacker DarkFoxSniper's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2007
    Posts
    5,878
    Quote Originally Posted by umby24 View Post
    Never works for me. I've tryed it in the game 380 and game150 folders, didn't do jack. "Game couldn't be started"
    Well if your on 5.00 M33 then the app goes in GAME5XX.Once you update to a new CFW(Say 3.80 M33 to 5.00 M33) the GAME380 folder will NOT work on 5.00 M33-6 as that folder tells the PSP to run the app from the 3.80 Kernel and since yo have 5.00 M33 you no longer have the 3.80 kernel.

    Quote Originally Posted by iedwardsIII
    In the words of DFS, go die.

    PSP Motherboard F.A.Q. Coldboot Tutorial





    Reply With Quote  
     

Similar Threads

  1. how can i make this game work?
    By lordzedane in forum PSP Software, Firmware & Plugins
    Replies: 2
    Last Post: 05-27-2010, 01:02 AM
  2. How do I make a PSP Game?
    By KoW210 in forum PSP Homebrew
    Replies: 10
    Last Post: 02-06-2009, 10:29 AM
  3. 3.71 m33-4 If i buy a new game will it make me update?
    By plasticslug in forum PSP Software, Firmware & Plugins
    Replies: 2
    Last Post: 11-14-2008, 02:10 PM
  4. How do i make my own homebrew game
    By LOLMAO in forum PSP Discussion
    Replies: 3
    Last Post: 08-20-2008, 05:39 AM
  5. How do you make a pxs game??
    By Ichigo in forum PSP Homebrew
    Replies: 3
    Last Post: 02-17-2007, 12:03 AM
Posting Permissions
  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •