Thread: How to Unhack a Fat PsP

1. #1 How to Unhack a Fat PsP 
    Ok so i recently just joined here, hi guys. What i want to do is Unhack my psp from Fw 5.50 to 6.35 i know its a bad idea but i have my reasons why i want to do this. today it was Fw 4.10 and i updated it to 5.50 and alls went well and then it would not update. i Tried to use network update but i get an error called (DRNFFFFFFD7) and it would not let me update. SO i tried Chilly willys keyCleaner and i did like the directions say but when i go to (Game) to look at the file to turn it on it says the game cannot be played it is Coruppted, and now i am basically giving up unless anyone has any idea how to get my psp from Version 5.50 to atleast 6.20 ._. any help would be really awesome, and sorry for my english. i am not american if you need more information please feel free to ask me for more.

Senior Member PSP Elite Hacker goku2778's Avatar
    if you're already on ofw 5.50 no homebrew like Key cleaner will work on it...you need cfw for that. i've seen a lot of people lately with your issue, usually you'll have to reinstall cfw and run the key cleaner app...then try again to update the psp

another way is to either get back onto cfw and use Hellcats to flash install a clean 1.5ofw and then go directly from that to 6.35...if you have a pandora battery and mms you can do all this without even flashing cfw by ways of Test M33 function on the pandora menu.

do you have a pandora battery?? that's the main thing you need right now before doing anything else.
    [CENTER]

Well here is the thing, i Am on Ofw 5.50 and i did try keycleaner yet it did not work, it just kept saying the game file is corrupt even though, i was looking at the file on my psp. i think i used Chilly willys keycleaner and it wouldnt work for me. do you think you can guide me thrue this and tell me how, i am suppose to get Cfw back and what version of it, cause the same way i got Ofw 5.50, i tried to do it again and it didn't work for me. even though i can see the file in the "game" section. it just says the file is corrupt. now for the pandora battery i do not have one. this psp is my friends and she just wants it fixed, will i be able to do this without a pandora battery? and do you know how i can make one? you said i can get " Hellcats to flash install a clean 1.5ofw and then go directly from that to 6.35" any more information you got is helpful

Senior Member PSP Mad Hacker
    op - see the link in goku's signature..

i have a link in my signature to the same goku guide... read that to get the answers.
    TA-081 (neur0n 6.60ME v1.8) + TA-085v2 (neur0n 6.60ME v1.6) + Brite (OFW5.03) + PSP-Go + Phat PS3 40GB/FW3.15 + PlayTV

NDS Lite + DSi

iPod Touch 1G/16GB 3.1.3JB + iPod Touch 4G/32GB 4.2.1JB

MSI Wind U100/2gb ram/500 gb hdd/WinXP Pro SP 3/Ubuntu 12.04 LTS

Q6600/Foxconn Mars P35/4 GB DDR2/8800GTS-512/Vista +

Acer A500 + HTC IC + Acer5750G/Win7

that's the thing, without a pandora you can't really do anything flash related to it right now...break these down for me:

1. you say you see the files in your games...now you're on ofw 5.50, ofw's will see that file like the key cleaner, the reason why it's corrupt is cause it's meant to run on cfw, not ofw. clear on that?? same goes with hellcats...

2. do you yourself have a psp phat that is hacked or know of someone else who does??

3. i can direct you to anything no sweat but if you can't network update it, manually update it with updates for ofw's, i can't direct you without a pandora battery...sorry, cause this is something that you would most definitely need the tools for to repair it.

you can get a pandora for 5$ shipped free from DealExtreme: $4.99 PSP Unbricker Pandora Battery for PSP 1000/2000 (1800mAh/3.6V) it will just take 2 weeks to arrive but it's free shipping...

so let me know...once you get the pandora and we make you a magic memory stick, it's cake work.
    [CENTER]

OK i understand what you said, but now i want to know about #3. "3. i can direct you to anything no sweat but if you can't network update it, manually update it with updates for ofw's, i can't direct you without a pandora battery...sorry, cause this is something that you would most definitely need the tools for to repair it. "

How do i Manual update? would i also need a pandora battery to update it manualy?.. if not then i guess i will convince my friend into buying a Pandora battery. but yea i appreciate the help goku now i got a better understanding of this situation ;D

MEGAUPLOAD - The leading online storage and file delivery service

download that...place that folder into your game folder after you extract it...exit usb mode, go run it.

you don't need a pandora but if it fails you'll need 1 for any type of flash repairs it might need...you keep saying your updates fail, try mine
    [CENTER]

Alright bro, so i did download your file. The file was a blank white file named Update.rar idk if i need to extract that cause its only 1 file and it seems its already been extracted im not to sure. So now do i put it into MY GAME folder or inside the GAME>UPDATE> next to Eboot.PBP? cause i put it next to the update folder not inside of it. Now when i did that the file showed up and didn't say the game cannot be played, but it did say the (DRNFFFFFFD7) Error. So im supposedly guessing i need the pandora battery now.

EDIT: for some reason i can't see the Eboot.PBP folder anymore it like completely went away for some odd reason.
    Last edited by zekrom510; 01-14-2011 at 06:46 PM.