Thread: Universal Remote on 6.60 Pro C

1. #1 Universal Remote on 6.60 Pro C 
    Hi guys, I usually come here for all my psp needs. But this time I had to register, because I can't seem to find ANYTHING anywhere about my current problem. Heck, I should've registered a long time ago, as much as I come here.

Anyways I'm running 6.60 Pro C CFW and well, I'm super poor. We just moved and are out of cash. We don't have a remote for our TV and we just got basic cable installed (aka basic cable doesn't get a remote). So I'd like to try to make my PSP into a universal remote. I'm usually pretty good with these things. But I can't seem to get it to work. I realize that the Universal Remote homebrew needs 1.50 to run. But I don't understand how to install it properly so it works. I'm guessing that the newer FW's have support for these older homebrews like this, and I'm guessing it might have something to do with the game150 folder?

I'm just not sure how to do this and I'm pretty desperate to get it working. Not to mention if I run into this again I'll know what to do. I'm using a FAT psp. The download I have is:

PSP Universal Remote 1.2 - Homebrew Applications - PSP - QuickJump Downloads

Thanks so much to anyone that can help me.

L
    I dont know if that application has been ported to 6.60

Senior Member I Modded My PSP MrHappy's Avatar
    first I'm going to say that I apologize if what I'm about to say is non-sence

ME CFW which is supported for 6.39 and 6.60 has support for a plugin called leda.prx which emulates the 1.50 kernel allowing them to be run...

by the way, ME CFW can be installed alongside PRO cfw, PRO can be permanent, and ME can be activated with the launcher file until reboot, and vice versa
    ♬ Don't Worry... Be Happy! ♬

Oh my goodness, I actually have El Guapo posting!? Let me just say, you've already helped me so much in other peoples' threads. You are such a helpful person. If no one can help me, that's ok. I've already had so much help from this forum already.

I guess I'm just wondering if 6.60 C-Pro has 1.50 support, and if so, how do I install something like this file? I don't know where to put these things. It comes with two folders. One has a % after it, and I read in another post of yours that the folders with % had something to do with the Game150 folder. Am I incorrect about that? I thought about trying to use IRShell, but then I read that it isn't compatible with 6.xx cfw. Well poo, if you can think of anything that might work, lemmie know. You're a legend, El Guapo. :3

MrHappy, I don't know if you're suggesting adding the ME cfw alongside my C-Pro or what? I have read some about Dark Alex's Leda, but I'm not too terribly familiar with it. I've been trying my best to read a lot about this before I posted here. I always try to teach myself. But this time I'm just really stumped. I'm not experienced enough with where to put things on my PSP. :/

L
    Do what MrHappy said and use 6.60ME-1.8, it comes with the LEDA plugin so that will be able to use some 1.50 kernel apps. Not all 1.50 will work but you might as well try, its worth a shot

Senior Member I Modded My PSP MrHappy's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by princessmisery View Post
    Oh my goodness, I actually have El Guapo posting!? Let me just say, you've already helped me so much in other peoples' threads. You are such a helpful person. If no one can help me, that's ok. I've already had so much help from this forum already.

I guess I'm just wondering if 6.60 C-Pro has 1.50 support, and if so, how do I install something like this file? I don't know where to put these things. It comes with two folders. One has a % after it, and I read in another post of yours that the folders with % had something to do with the Game150 folder. Am I incorrect about that? I thought about trying to use IRShell, but then I read that it isn't compatible with 6.xx cfw. Well poo, if you can think of anything that might work, lemmie know. You're a legend, El Guapo. :3

MrHappy, I don't know if you're suggesting adding the ME cfw alongside my C-Pro or what? I have read some about Dark Alex's Leda, but I'm not too terribly familiar with it. I've been trying my best to read a lot about this before I posted here. I always try to teach myself. But this time I'm just really stumped. I'm not experienced enough with where to put things on my PSP. :/
    simply, your running 6.60 PRO-C, and I assume it's permanent. download the LME installer, and install it as usual, as the way pro and me are built don't I interfere with each other, while your on PRO, you'll have to launch the "launcher" file provided in the download to switch between pro and me.

btw, the 2 files you mentioned go in /PSP/GAME/

PSP CFW: 6.60 ME & LME v1.8 Released

make sure you download LME, not ME considering you have PRO permanent.

I also came across a homebrew called "eloader", it also has support for 1.50 emulation, but try the leda.prx file that comes with the download first.

the reason you need LME cfw, us because it apparently has a lot in common with the old M33 cfw by DarkAlex where he made the leda.prx plugin, this plugin will no work on PRO because PRO was made from scratch on 6.20.
    Last edited by MrHappy; 05-08-2013 at 10:05 PM.
    ♬ Don't Worry... Be Happy! ♬