Thread: Help on unbrick, looked everywhere.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
  1. #1 Help on unbrick, looked everywhere. 
    Junior Member PSP User
    I'm new here, so I don't really know if I'm allowed to post here or whatnot. But whatever, I need help on unbricking my psp. Let me get somethings out of the way first. It's a FULLY bricked psp 1001, original firmware is unknown as I can only run from Test M33 on my Pandora. Everytime I run "Install M33 CFW" it stops at format flash0 and turns off. It's the same when attempting to install OFW. I've tried Hellcat recovery flasher to fix the nand but it says "not enough nand to format lflash". Yes, I've tried lflash from the pandora menu. I'm using DC8 from pspgrader. I've cleaned the keys with keycleaner. I do have an XP computer at hand if necessary. Help?

Edit: Right, forgot to get another one the most asked questions put away; yes, I do have accessed to unbricked psp on OFW, HOWEVER, the screen is broken (and missing a few buttons). It's kind of hard to navigate on that thing, so soft-modding it would be difficult.
    Last edited by 9xdeath; 07-03-2013 at 04:42 AM.

Senior Member I Modded My PSP MrHappy's Avatar
    have you tried "repairing MAC address" in the Pandora DC8 menu, then test M33, and run a official Sony update eboot.pbp file.
    ♬ Don't Worry... Be Happy! ♬

Junior Member PSP User
    Yep, in fact that was the first thing I thought to do when it first didn't let me past format flash0. I just tried Catb50's 2.0 mms maker now and no luck. Actually, how would I go about running an official sony update eboot.pbp? I misunderstood what you said for a moment.
    Edit: Figured it out, TT^TT still no luck. At first it would just shut down without booting it, then I tried again and it let me get to the installation page. Then when it got to 0% it crashed and shut down. 3rd times the charm?
    Edit2: TT^TT no it's not.
    Last edited by 9xdeath; 07-03-2013 at 05:38 AM.

I remember a time ago a guy had the same problem, and the installation only went fully when it was the same version used before the brick.

when you say HRF gets a error for not enough NAND, this is probably because flash0 is not properly formatted, I can't remember but does the DC8 menu have a option to mount flash0 to USB, and then format it on PC, or any other homebrew that can mount flash0 to USB.

also, if there is absolutely no way out, then I recommended the 6.60 ME-1.8 time machine, everything will be just like normal, but will require a Pandora battery, and just leave it on sleep mode.

Junior Member PSP User
    I remember now, it was the 6.60 pro b9 cfw. Sigh, I didn't want to say this because they usually just give up when I do but, my memory card is an 8gb. I ordered a 4gb (and I will make sure it's magicgate supported or my money back) so I'll get back to you if I get any results from that. What I think happened is that it didn't really make the partitions for the flash 0-3 but just put everything together. So when it tries to format it, it can't because the partition don't exist. Why I think that is because it has no unallocated data or any media when it's plugged in. I'm not 100% sure of that though, minitool would show the different partition wouldn't it?
    Last edited by 9xdeath; 07-03-2013 at 07:16 AM.

you can give minitool a shot, although I've be er used it to unbrick a PSP, so, just for you to check if it's a partition error, check if these are the NAND sizes of the 1000 model:

flash0 – 24MB
    flash1 – 8MB
    flash2 – 944 kB
    flash3 – 880 kB

is the crash occurring while formatting flash0, or after? it could be that it's just not formatting properly and HRF is not identifying a NAND because it's not formatted.

I have to admit, I don't know is the PSP's 4 different flashes all partioned on 1 chip on the MOBO, or they have separate chips. but no matter what you flash, you don't have to assign different partitions for the NAND's. even when using Pandora/HRF/installing CFW, it doesn't matter.

Junior Member PSP User
    I guess you could say while if you call crashing on 0% "while". When I toggle flash0, it says there's 0mb of space to format. And what I noticed, is that if I toggle another usb while anyone of them is toggled, it just says "usb is disabled". Is that normal? If not, then I was onto something because that would mean they were all interconnected (at least on mine). Oh, it doesn't even show in minitool which is a surprise to me.
    Last edited by 9xdeath; 07-03-2013 at 08:08 AM.

with a PSP USB connection, you can only have 1 flash or any device connected at once, you can't have 2 mounted points coming from 1 USB with a PSP.

have you tried the CMD "clean" command? it's very powerful for formatting any drive you select to it, but then you need to assign it 1 partition with "computer management", or "disk management" I can't remember what it's called on windows.

and I'm out of ideas, some people call it a super brick, and maybe others here may have suggestions...

Junior Member PSP User
    Yeah, but I get "error in IOCTL call". And in Disk management there is no unallocated space to format. That's why I started thinking that maybe the partition wasn't even made. I refuse to let it be a paperweight (and I don't want to use time machine because that sounds like Test M33 but with repercussions).

the difference between test M33 and the 6.60 time machine is it it just boots straight into the FW, and changes made in settings actual do save, whilst I think if I'm correct the old test M33 doesn't save settings made from previous use.

but yes it's almost the same.

and sorry, I'm out of ideas.

Junior Member PSP User
    It's alright, I think I'll just spam repartition lflash until it gives up. My 4gb should be here next week or after tomorrow. Hopefully the latter, and I'll get back to you with my results from it. The settings don't save, but I just use it to play games. Thank you anyways.

Edit: Dang, no such luck. I guess it's a hardware problem. It's a TA-79 and even keycleaner mentioned how old the psp was. Guess I should buy one, and luckily I can get one is good condition for only 30$.
    Last edited by 9xdeath; 07-07-2013 at 04:10 AM.

L
    If I remember correctly, you can only flash so many times before the NAND becomes useless.

EDIT: I have a TA-79 NAND if you want to try to dump yours and restore using my TA-79 NAND?

Junior Member PSP User
    I would love to try it EL Guapo! Anything goes! Do I give you my email or something?

http://wololo.net/talk/viewtopic.php?p=79473 whoever this was has the same problem as me... But they're luckier!
    Last edited by 9xdeath; 07-07-2013 at 04:11 AM.

L
    PM me your email

Junior Member PSP User
    Although I'm a guy, I think I'm doing one of those excited high school girl shreaks on the inside. IT WORKS! Thank you! Although the screen is all white sort of, I'm sure it can be fixed with a firmware update.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast