Thread: PSP GO CFW ProUpdate help!

1. #1 PSP GO CFW ProUpdate help! 
    Meow, how's everyone? I just recently got a refurbished PSP GO after looking up online that it is possible to put CFW on it. I had a psp 2000 that I unfortunately broke a few years back. I remember the thrill and excitement when I installed CFW on it and succeeded, knowing there was a risk to brick it. I did the battery technique slicing it open and writing over a circuit with a lead pencil .

Anyways back on topic.

I usually don't go out asking for help unless I am reeeeally stumped. I try to figure out everything on my own however, I searched online did every possible thing and still cannot figure out what's going on. I had a couple problems, when I copied over the files to my PSP GO it would always disconnect and say "Please Wait" on the PSP Go and on my computer it would say the file I am copying is no longer in that location. What the furk? After countless hours of recopying it and reformatting it(while the problem continued to persist) I managed to get the file to run. Before, it would say the "data is corrupted" when I tried running the ProUpdate .EBOOT lol. After I finally got it to boot it would simply play the PSP logo go to black screen for about a couple seconds and then returns to the menu with the 80020148 error ... wat!? I even checked youtube videos online they all booted perfectly(I originally followed a online guide from wololo.com). After about 2 hours I started to get frustrated. I took about a 30 minute break to cool off and just reformatted it like the 1000th time and did everything again to make sure I did not mess up. Finally I just gave up and decided to come ask the gurus here, lend a hand please.

• Yes, my PSP GO is running OFW 6.60
    • No I did not copy it to a memory stick
    • I used the CFW Pro C2, Pro C Fix 3 (the most recent ones)
    • Yes, my PSP GO was refurbished(purchased from gamestop)
    • Yes, I love Kingdom Hearts to death and cannot wait for 2.5 Mix
    • Yes, I will bake you cookies if you find me a solution
    • No, I am not single

L
    Lets try this, delete the PRO files off of your internal memory on the PSP Go and try this CFW instead: 6.60LME-1.8 - Downloads - PSPMOD.com - PSP / PS Vita Forums

It almost sounds like it could be a problem with you PC or your USB cable so maybe have the files on your Desktop already unpacked instead of trying to un-zip them to the PSP Go if thats what you were trying. Remember to run the "Installer" first, followed by the "Launcher". Post back and let me know if you make any progress.

P.S. Are you single?

Yes! I am single. Just kidding, haha (:

Thank you, for your post El Guapo. So, I went ahead and followed your advice. However, I have the same reoccurring problem. Whenever I load it, it says something like the game will not start. So.. I decided the problem was the internal memory(stupid) and went out of my way to order a mem stick. Copied it over to the mem stick, same problem. Huhuhu..

L
    Where are you putting the "installer" and "launcher" folders??, are you putting them in the GAME folder on your internal memory??

P.S. are you sure your not single?