Thread: Psp video converters

1. #1 Psp video converters 
    beer makes me retardedly retarded PSP Mad Hacker diabolic-mind's Avatar
    ok so recently i have been playing around with psp video converters, looking for the best bang for the buck. i have tried a few different ones and here are my findings.

psp video 9 is a decent program, however everytime you want to convert a file you have to reset all the settings to the settings of your choice. it gets kind of annoying. i then tried winX psp video converter and i found it to be just terrible. next i tried xilosoft psp video converter and i found this to be the best of all. it gives you a slightly better video output quality than the others. and you can set the profile to remember the setings to convert all video files to the same settings if you are looking for the highest video quality. in addition to that, xilosoft video converter also make it very simply to output the video files directly to your psp, where as psp video 9 doesnt seem to have this function.

i have also found that the better the input quality of the video you are converting, the better the output qulaity is. and i am not talking about just for psp playback, i am also reffering to the quality of it when output to a television. tv output you scratch your head at? yes, i have some friends that have older tv's so being able to connect my psp to those tv's and playback movies and videos on them is kinda cool for watching movies they may not have seen. for comparison i converted a dvd copy of event horizon to psp, the output file to the psp was around 350mb, and output from the psp to the tv the quality was terrible, blocky, fuzzy, shitty all in all. i then converted a much larger 1080 copy of the movie, and the output file was 947mb, a significant difference in file size yes, but also, the video and audio output was very nice. i would say the output quality of the high res to a tv looks about as good as dvd quality on a tv. so it does take some extra space, but looks much much better if you have the space.

so that is my quick analysis of the programs i tried out and what my findings were. i am sure not many of you if any at all are using this, but if you are then this may be of some use to you.

L
    DVDFab and 123 Movies2PSP. The 123 Movies2PSP is ultra easy to use.

EDIT: Try using an online video converter, here are a couple:

http://video.online-convert.com/convert-video-for-psp

http://www.zamzar.com/conversionTypes.php
    Last edited by El Guapo; 01-21-2013 at 11:46 PM.

online converter, wouldnt you need to upload the file to the site, convert it, then re download the file? sounds like extra time spent converting.

TASK FORCE 141 PSP Elite Hacker Pirate's Avatar
    Yup that's the case. But if you've got a fast unlimited plan I don't see it much of a problem.

And as you've said xlisoft is kinda good for offline conversions. Winx aint that bad. It gets the job done. Maybe quality ain't good and stuff but if you want quality then you should be watching videos on something other than PSP

Try out the ones which guapo said and see if its better.

use freemake video converter is free does psp ps3 ect.i use it and love it

ill check them out, xilsoft does a good enough job though, videos are clear and audio is good to. and its not for watching on the psp lol. its for when i go to a friends house i can connect the psp to her tv to watch movies there.

it does conversion for black berry .mpe .avi dvd qaulity blu ray xbox wma all kinds

here is what it can do Free Video Converter | MP3 MP4 AVI 3GP MKV DVD | FREE Download
    Last edited by Pirate; 01-23-2013 at 02:15 AM. Reason: double posting

cool deal.