Thread: Please Help me Out

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
  1. #1 Please Help me Out 
    So I Had 5.50 GEN D2 on my PSP1000.
    I wanted to completely clean my psp and get back to a fresh 1.50 before I installed the latest firmware.
    I used Hellcats Recovery 1.65 to downgrade to 1.50 firmware.
    Everything worked and then prompted me to shutdown. Once I did so, I turned on my PSP and it had become fully bricked. (Black screen, green light, no recovery mode)

Now what the fuck do I do?

Rated: CERO Z PSP Elite Hacker
    Best username ever.

And to answer your question, you need a Pandora battery. If you're in the US I'll ship you one for $10 (price includes shipping). It's a real Sony battery that has been softmodded to be a Pandora battery. Once you use it to recover then you can softmod it back into a normal battery and have a spare battery. Or keep it as a Pandora, it's nice to have one for situations just like this.

Thanks for the speedy reply. I think my friend has a non-sony pandora battery.
    Once I get a hold of a pandora battery do I just pop it in, and that allows me to access recovery? (When I hold R+Power I can't reach the Recovery menu).
    And if I can reach recovery mode, what do I do to get to 1.50?

L
    Why do you want 1.50?

Robert Timecock.......classic

I don't. My goal was to go back to 1.50 so I would have a completely clean, fresh PSP to put CFW onto.

Assuming I get a pandora battery, how do I go about getting a crisp, clean, fresh copy of the latest firmware on my PSP? If someone can answer me that, you can live your life knowing that someone is eternally grateful towards you.

L
    Once you update to the latest OFW, it will give you a clean slate. Also, flashing m33 will give you a fresh start. There was no need to go to 1.50

EDIT: You have a simple "Brick", a pandoras/MMS combo will have you up and going in mere minutes

EDIT AGAIN: http://www.pspmod.com/forums/psp-fir...tml#post650624, read section 2
    Last edited by El Guapo; 10-10-2011 at 10:56 PM.

Thank you. I feel like such a dumbass. I wanted a clean slate and decided to do it by downgrading to 1.50, now I realize I bricked it for no reason.

Once I've got the MMS and Pandora battery in my PSP, what's the next step to flashing a clean m33 firmware?

You don't need to be on 1.50 for anything. These methods of downgrading were useful once upon a time but are completely not necessary now. What you'll need to do is create a Magic Memory Stick. More or less this is just a memory stick with custom firmware files on it. You would put that in the PSP and then pop in the Pandora battery. It'll autostart and will flash a new firmware to the PSP. There are several programs that can make a Magic Memory Stick, most notably Rain's MMS Maker.

I don't want to sell you something you don't need. If your friend has a Pandora battery then it's very likely that he knows how to use it too. If he doesn't have one though then I've got one here with your name on it.

L
    insert the MMS into you PSP, hold down the assigned key/trigger (either UP button or "L" trigger), insert pandoras and select, "install m33" or something like that

L
    Quote Originally Posted by Slowman View Post
    You don't need to be on 1.50 for anything. These methods of downgrading were useful once upon a time but are completely not necessary now. What you'll need to do is create a Magic Memory Stick. More or less this is just a memory stick with custom firmware files on it. You would put that in the PSP and then pop in the Pandora battery. It'll autostart and will flash a new firmware to the PSP. There are several programs that can make a Magic Memory Stick, most notably Rain's MMS Maker.

I don't want to sell you something you don't need. If your friend has a Pandora battery then it's very likely that he knows how to use it too. If he doesn't have one though then I've got one here with your name on it.
    Classic post Slow.....Awesome!!

L
    Quote Originally Posted by Robert Timecock View Post
    Thank you. I feel like such a dumbass. I wanted a clean slate and decided to do it by downgrading to 1.50, now I realize I bricked it for no reason.

Once I've got the MMS and Pandora battery in my PSP, what's the next step to flashing a clean m33 firmware?
    Where are you located Timecock?

L
    Holy freakin triple post....LMAO!!!!

Ok, I've downloaded Rain's MMS for 5.00 M33-4
    I'm going to need an unbricked psp or some kind of card reader to make a MMS, right?

That is correct, a fully bricked PSP such as yours won't read a mem stick unfortunately.

Thanks so much for your help.
    I'll grab a Pandora battery in a day or two, make a MMS, and let you guys know if it worked.

One last question: What CFW will Rain's program put on my MMS? 5.00 M33-4?

edit:
    I am located in BC, Canada.
    Last edited by Robert Timecock; 10-10-2011 at 11:20 PM.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast