Thread: How to mod phat psp without Lumines? (Got pandora battery)

1. #1 How to mod phat psp without Lumines? (Got pandora battery) 
    I have a phat psp with original sony firmware 3.40 on it. I do not have a copy of lumines. I do however have a 1 gb memstick, and a pandora battery. The pandora battery is not a modded sony battery. its a premade pandora battery i ordered online. I've googled and looked at guides, nothing that helped. All I that comes up when i search is how to mod with lumines or how to create a pandora battery. which is not what i was looking for. Im not a complete noob. I've successfully modded several slim psps in the past. But thats been a few years ago. So im a bit rusty and have not modded a phat b4. Please Help!

Rated: CERO Z PSP Elite Hacker
    Pandora batteries aren't even needed anymore. Just update to 6.60 offical and then run the installer for 6.60ME.

Senior Member I Modded My PSP
    First you need to update to 6.60 OFW and the install the CFW. To update you can either do it yourself or you can do network update on the psp.

Heres how you do it. If your already on 6.60 OFW skip these steps. Also skip if you are going to do system update from the XMB. Just go ahead and update either way to
    6.60 OFW.

1. Download this :6.60 OFW - Downloads - Sony PSP MODS and Hacks Forums and extract it and have it handy.
    2. Now plug the psp into the usb on your computer and open the PSP folder and then the GAME folder and create a folder named UPDATE and put the 660 eboot in there.
    3. Now exit out of the USB and go to the psp and go to GAME and run that update. That should put you on 6.60 OFW.

Now to install the CFW.

When you go back to the game folder on the psp delete the UPDATE folder I told you to make.

1. Download this: 6.60ME-1.5(OFW Version) - Downloads - Sony PSP MODS and Hacks Forums and extract that.
    2. Place the "me_installer" into your "GAME" folder on your memory stick .
    3. Then go run that on the psp like you did the update and you should be good to go.
    PSP 1000 6.60 ME 1.3

Hacked = 3

Modder Of The Dark Arts PSP Elite Hacker R()H@X's Avatar
    when im able to get a psp again ill have to try these new firmwares.i havent tried anything past my 5.50 pandora install but ive heard mad hypes for these new ones.my only issue is compatibility with some of the stuff i used to use for the psp like cxmb and stuff

@OP-id give this for a spin.im a lil oldschool but this sounds alright.

what additional things do you get on the psp with these new updates anyways?anything worthwhile?

Spambuster Bitch PSP Elite Hacker dankgame's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by ƒR()†H@X View Post
    when im able to get a psp again ill have to try these new firmwares.i havent tried anything past my 5.50 pandora install but ive heard mad hypes for these new ones.my only issue is compatibility with some of the stuff i used to use for the psp like cxmb and stuff

@OP-id give this for a spin.im a lil oldschool but this sounds alright.

what additional things do you get on the psp with these new updates anyways?anything worthwhile?

yeah guy cxmb has been updated to run on 6.xx cfw im using it right now
    new members and old read thisvvvvvvvv
    http://www.pspmod.com/forums/introdu...uncements.html

Umm the only thing I miss is IR shell but I have heard that it runs on the updated CFW but I just havn't gotten around to installing it yet.

Lots of advantages though, you get to play newer games, use psn on 6.60 and better support and super easy to install and ME allows you to boot into OFW just by holding the HOME button when the psp is completely off. Never understood why they added the boot into OFW but I thought it was cool to be able to do that.
    PSP 1000 6.60 ME 1.3

Hacked = 3

Greatly appreciate the help guys. Haven't been able to try it out yet. But will post results when I do.

Yes, I was able to mod the psp. Thanks a lot Clutch. Hands down the easiest mod I've ever done. Although took me a few minutes to figure out where to put the iso files. lmao. Tried putting them in the game folder. Showed corrupted. Figured it out tho. Still have an annoying hardware issue i'll have to fix. The screen continuously flickers unless u squeeze the psp together near the start and select buttons. Then it clears up. Thinking it could be a loose screen cable. I've took psps apart b4, so hopefully I can tinker around and fix it.

Glad I was some help! I have had mine a part a few times but it sounds like it might be a loose screen cable as you said. If you have any questions about it feel free to post it and I'm sure someone will be glad to help you.
    PSP 1000 6.60 ME 1.3

Hacked = 3

Cool got that screen problem fixed too. Took it apart. It was a b!tch. But its all good now.

Just update to 6.60 offical and then run the installer for 6.60ME.