Thread: PSP-3001 Question

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
  1. #1 PSP-3001 Question 
    SO i bought a PSP3001 at radioshack brand new (so i thought) for $80 it was a hold over it had the LittleBigPlanet and karate kid movie.. anyways been wanting to get the CS Source homebrew so i started looking into "hacking" the psp after some google search seems like there is a lot of variables. Also the reason i stated "so i thought" is becuase someone must have turned it on and played it becuase its updated to 6.60.... i followed someones guide on here to get the mobo model and all that jazz so its attached here. Any help someone can provide on a process to allow me to "hack" it. also a firmware that allows for ISO booting?

pspident_000.png

EDIT:
    After Some poking around i realized the method to get the info i posted was a temp hack. so i created the ISO folder on the mem stick and copied an iso over it it loaded up after i launched the 6.60 LME-1.5. So i guess my next question is.. is there a way to make that permant so i don't have the launch the LME-1.5 every time?
    Last edited by Timelord83; 11-06-2011 at 06:06 AM.

Senior Member I Modded My PSP Yurhero01's Avatar
    as i try to play an iso directly on psp 3000 you could play your homebrew without cfw

Quote Originally Posted by Yurhero01 View Post
    as i try to play an iso directly on psp 3000 you could play your homebrew without cfw
    so stock firmware from Sony with no modifications can play homebrew games???

Super Moderator PSP Elite Hacker faustnero's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Yurhero01 View Post
    ok, so WTF are you even trying to say? -__-'' you can't play homebrew games/ISO/CSO on an OFW, get that to mind!!

Having a 3k psp, for my opinion, is great advantage (mic, higher RAM than 1k n 2k, newer feats.etc.), the only disadvantage i see on a 3k is not having a perma CFW installed. Having a perma CFW installed on a 3k would cause it to brick permanently. it sucks i know, but there isn't any way today to make perma hack to it. take note that only when the device has been shut down, it will revert back to OFW. If you pull up the switch and hold it there, it would cause the device to shut, therefore running the LME launcher again.

Spambuster Bitch PSP Elite Hacker dankgame's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by faustnero View Post
    ok, so WTF are you even trying to say? -__-'' you can't play homebrew games/ISO/CSO on an OFW, get that to mind!!

Having a 3k psp, for my opinion, is great advantage (mic, higher RAM than 1k n 2k, newer feats.etc.), the only disadvantage i see on a 3k is not having a perma CFW installed. Having a perma CFW installed on a 3k would cause it to brick permanently. it sucks i know, but there isn't any way today to make perma hack to it. take note that only when the device has been shut down, it will revert back to OFW. If you pull up the switch and hold it there, it would cause the device to shut, therefore running the LME launcher again.

thats dumb cause you can play homebrew and play iso and cso on ofw too ive done it they dam near can sign anything now i ran the third birthday on my psp go before i downgrade it go look on a torrent site and look at all the games signed and as alway i leave you with do research befor you post shit that will make you look dumb

ps most 3k can now be downgrade to 6.20 and can use the pro b10 perm patch come on nero you know this
    new members and old read thisvvvvvvvv
    http://www.pspmod.com/forums/introdu...uncements.html

sorry, forget about the PRO cfw.

and the fact you can play iso cso on ofw you forgot a boot

Quote Originally Posted by dankgame View Post
    thats dumb cause you can play homebrew and play iso and cso on ofw too ive done it they dam near can sign anything now i ran the third birthday on my psp go before i downgrade it go look on a torrent site and look at all the games signed and as alway i leave you with do research befor you post shit that will make you look dumb

ps most 3k can now be downgrade to 6.20 and can use the pro b10 perm patch come on nero you know this
    so what ur saying is if i downgrade to 6.20 i can put the pro b10 on it and it will be perm? i am just trying to make sure i understand whats going on. and thank you for all the help from everyone so far

even if you are in 6.60, you could still have a PRO-B10 cfw installed.

yes^^^^^^^^ but it would only be LCFW

and yes OP there is a downgrader in faustnero sig that will take you to 620 just follow the guide and you will be there in no time

kk so let me list these step make sure i'm doing this right

Boot up psp
    copy downgrader and OFW 6.20 to psp in respective folders
    Run LME Launcher for 660
    try to launch downgrader.. says no need to update i am at 6.60 and cancels

Boot up psp try to launch downgrader Solo same deal..
    Boot up psp launch LME 660.. then try to run update without downgrader.. same deal.. it just says i'm current no need for update

why would you want to downgrade? there's also a PRO-B10 for 6.60. click on my firmwall and you can get it there. and i think because you're only running temp cfw, it wouldn't let you run the downgrader.

Quote Originally Posted by faustnero View Post
    why would you want to downgrade? there's also a PRO-B10 for 6.60. click on my firmwall and you can get it there. and i think because you're only running temp cfw, it wouldn't let you run the downgrader.
    is the 6.60 PRO-B10 perm?? because i am looking for perm.. i was under the assumption from dankgame and yourself that to get perm i needed 6.20.. is that incorrect?

no only 620 is perm yo here this will work follw my steps guy

download this 6.60ME-1.6 - Downloads - Sony PSP MODS and Hacks Forums place the launcher and installer in the psp/game folder exit usb mode and run from xmb no go check and see if your system setting info says 6.60 LME if yes move on to next step

now download this 6.XX Downgrader - Downloads - Sony PSP MODS and Hacks Forums now place it in you psp/game folder
    now download this PSP Firmware 6.20 Update (PSPSlimHacks.com).RAR if its not in a folder called UPDATE then place it in a folder and name it UPDATE and place it also in you psp/game folder now exit usb mode and go run the downgrader

Quote Originally Posted by dankgame View Post
    no only 620 is perm yo here this will work follw my steps guy

download this 6.60ME-1.6 - Downloads - Sony PSP MODS and Hacks Forums place the launcher and installer in the psp/game folder exit usb mode and run from xmb no go check and see if your system setting info says 6.60 LME if yes move on to next step

now download this 6.XX Downgrader - Downloads - Sony PSP MODS and Hacks Forums now place it in you psp/game folder
    now download this PSP Firmware 6.20 Update (PSPSlimHacks.com).RAR if its not in a folder called UPDATE then place it in a folder and name it UPDATE and place it also in you psp/game folder now exit usb mode and go run the downgrader
    i was running 6.60 LME 1.5 so i uninstalled that and reinstalled 6.60 LME 1.6. followed ur instructions to the letter.. still says it can't update that new version is already installed?

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast