Thread: Please help!

1. #1 Please help! 
    Hey all,

Just bought my son a PSP for christmas and would like to mod it. I just need someone to point me in the right direction. I have firmware version 6.60, so is it even possible? What does modding the PSP actually do? better battery life? Better firmware? I have modded my HTC EVO and put new ROMS and kernels. I have watched a couple of videos about modding the PSP so I think it seems fairly easy. Can someone push this dad in the right direction for my son? Thanks in Advance! Any help would be much apprecitated.

Senior Member I Modded My PSP Yurhero01's Avatar
    Permanent Custom Firmware 6.60 PRO-B9 (FIX) +( New) :
    6.60 PRO-B9 FIX.zip

For PSP 1000 & 2000 with Non-V3 Module!
    Installation :
    1.Run the PRO UPDATE first.. In the PRO-UPDATE, press (X) button to launch the installation.Now it will writing 10 files on your flash0.press (X) button agains to finish the installation and start the CFW.
    2.Run the CIPL_FLASHER and then Press (X) button. after it finish installing the files, it will restarting your PSP in 5 second.
    3.Check your PSP system software, it should change into PRO-B9. so that is how you install the PRO permanent Update on your PSP with version 6.60

For PSP 3000 & GO:
    1.Run the PROUPDATE
    2.Run the FAST RECOVERY. Only this two files that you need to run. Don't Use the CIPL_FLASHER on your PSP 3000 or GO, it will cause a bricked!!
    3.Go to System Setting ,System Information ,it should be like this 6.60 PRO-B9

Notes:
    When you Reboot your PSP. The LCFW will disappear. Do the same thing that have you done just right now.

How to Uninstall the permanent:
    1. Run the PRO-UPDATE.
    2.In the PRO-UPDATER, press triangle to Uninstall all files from your flash0 files.
    3.Check up your system software. It will return into official firmware 6.60.

Please follow my guide Correctly or you will kill your psp!!!

Thanks! What exactly does this do to the PSP, if you dont mind me asking?

TASK FORCE 141 PSP Elite Hacker Pirate's Avatar
    allows you to run unsigned homebrew and plugins on your psp.

Quote Originally Posted by Pirate View Post
    allows you to run unsigned homebrew and plugins on your psp.
    So what would you recommend for unsigned homebrews and plugins? Can you point me in the right direction?

Thanks as always...my son is going to be so happy for christmas!

goto the download section of this site.
    plenty of homebrews and plugins with explanation about them and what they do.

Quote Originally Posted by Pirate View Post
    plenty of homebrews and plugins with explanation about them and what they do.
    Hey Pirate...you around? I was gonna give this a go and had a few questions. I sent you a private message.

Quote Originally Posted by Yurhero01 View Post
    Permanent Custom Firmware 6.60 PRO-B9 (FIX) +( New) :
    6.60 PRO-B9 FIX.zip

For PSP 1000 & 2000 with Non-V3 Module!
    Installation :
    1.Run the PRO UPDATE first.. In the PRO-UPDATE, press (X) button to launch the installation.Now it will writing 10 files on your flash0.press (X) button agains to finish the installation and start the CFW.
    2.Run the CIPL_FLASHER and then Press (X) button. after it finish installing the files, it will restarting your PSP in 5 second.
    3.Check your PSP system software, it should change into PRO-B9. so that is how you install the PRO permanent Update on your PSP with version 6.60

For PSP 3000 & GO:
    1.Run the PROUPDATE
    2.Run the FAST RECOVERY. Only this two files that you need to run. Don't Use the CIPL_FLASHER on your PSP 3000 or GO, it will cause a bricked!!
    3.Go to System Setting ,System Information ,it should be like this 6.60 PRO-B9

Notes:
    When you Reboot your PSP. The LCFW will disappear. Do the same thing that have you done just right now.

How to Uninstall the permanent:
    1. Run the PRO-UPDATE.
    2.In the PRO-UPDATER, press triangle to Uninstall all files from your flash0 files.
    3.Check up your system software. It will return into official firmware 6.60.

Please follow my guide Correctly or you will kill your psp!!!
    I just put those two folders on my psp memory stick and run them one by one?

told you what to do in the PM. follow accordingly.

Senior Member I Modded My PSP Yurhero01's Avatar
    I just put those two folders on my psp memory stick and run them one by one?
    Just copy the "PROUPDATE" and "FastRecovery" folders in to your ms0:PSP/GAME
    do not run them all,First Run the PROUPDATE after your psp reboots run the FastRecovery on your psp

tnx.