Thread: Should I buy a PSP 1000 from ebay to jailbreak?

1. #1 Should I buy a PSP 1000 from ebay to jailbreak? 
    The title really says it all. I've been researching psp jailbreaks/cfw's and what versions are easiest to mod. Everywhere says 1000 is the easiest. So would it be best to buy one used on ebay? Or would having an updated firmware make it not modable?
    Kinda sucks being late to the scene.

Super Moderator PSP Elite Hacker faustnero's Avatar
    i would prefer a PSPgo! but sure, psp 1000 aint that bad.

Mind stating why? PSPgo is not hackable or am I mistaken? The whole point of this thread is to find out what psp to buy so I can hack it thus not having to buy games.

edit

btw awesome psn

Senior Member I Modded My PSP kjata123's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by liquidxskin View Post
    Mind stating why? PSPgo is not hackable or am I mistaken? The whole point of this thread is to find out what psp to buy so I can hack it thus not having to buy games.

edit

btw awesome psn
    you can hack PSP Go . which is almost the same as the other the only difference is when you shut down you system or reboots you have to relaunch the CFW again using the launcher

Whats the difference then? Doesn't sound like much of a inconvenience. This is the same as how it works for the 3000? Would there be compatibility issues if I were to buy a 3000 purely because it's cheaper then the go.
    If anyone has a link to where all this information can be found it would be much easier then asking one Q at a time...

On the topic of 3000's would it be better to buy one new because of non updated firmware?

Moderator I Modded My PSP Flash 0's Avatar
    I am with FaustNero on this one because the PSP GO! is one awesome gaming device, its so small and alot more portable than the Phats and 2k/3k. I would most definitely urge you to get a Psp go if your not going to be using the UMD drive but I don't condone Piracy though because I just rip my UMD's with my 1k and install on my GO!

CFW for the 3K and the Go! are pretty much the same no difference at all that I can think of. And it doesn't matter at the moment whether you by a new or used one because the most updated OFW has a CFW for it that you can install, so you can just update to it and then install the latest CFW.

L
    The PSP Go! has 16 gigs of built in memory and with an 8 or 16 gig M2 card you can have lots more

Quote Originally Posted by Flash 0 View Post
    I am with FaustNero on this one because the PSP GO! is one awesome gaming device, its so small and alot more portable than the Phats and 2k/3k. I would most definitely urge you to get a Psp go if your not going to be using the UMD drive but I don't condone Piracy though because I just rip my UMD's with my 1k and install on my GO!

CFW for the 3K and the Go! are pretty much the same no difference at all that I can think of. And it doesn't matter at the moment whether you by a new or used one because the most updated OFW has a CFW for it that you can install, so you can just update to it and then install the latest CFW.
    Thanks a bunch Flash this is all the info I was looking for.

Super Moderator PSP Elite Hacker faustnero's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by kjata123 View Post
    you can hack PSP Go . which is almost the same as the other the only difference is when you shut down you system or reboots you have to relaunch the CFW again using the launcher
    i would go to this. plus ,you can fully hack a PSPgo!. as long as you have 05g one, you can have it on 6.20 and have the PRO-B10 cfw PERMANENTLY patch to it. and all the fantasies you may now have. and guapo is right. 16gb built in memory, higher RAM, external memory m2 slot.

you can find some cheap 1k models though,
    I know I like to save money and I find going through ebay does it.
    50 USD for a mint PSP 1k, then I hack it myself.
    of course, thats because I'm a cheap bastard

would prefer a PSPgo! but sure

I hear ya man. Actually ended up buying a modded psp 2000 on ebay. In near mint condition to well worth the money if it plays games as well as it should.

Note to everyone else: Not everyone can afford the kind of money it takes to buy the newest releases.

Another little side note someone may find interesting. Not all gamecube consoles need pot tweaking. I recently bought a sd media launcher to play homebrews. So far every iso game has worked after 10 min of playing. Of course this is only the first test run but hey the results are looking great so far. Using philips mini 4x dvd-r (cheapest on amazon) like $15 for 50 disks add another 5 for paper sleeves you've got the cheapest 50 game pack ever.