Thread: What to update from 5.00 m33.3 to?

1. #1 What to update from 5.00 m33.3 to? 
    Hey, i haven't used my psp in along while and i know there is probably been a lot of updates since i last used it. Was just wondering what should i be updating my 5.00 m33.3 to? Thanks in advanced

Moderator I Modded My PSP Flash 0's Avatar
    First you need to update to OFW 6.60 and then install CFW here is how.

You can either update to 6.60 OFW by system update or you can manually download it yourself. If you do system update with the psp skip these first steps.(also skip if your already on 6.60 OFW)

1) Download and extract the 6.60 OFW and keep it where you can find it:http://www.pspmod.com/forums/downloa...do=file&id=212
    2) Go to USB connection on the psp and pull up the drive that the psp is connected to on the computer.
    3) Now open the PSP folder and then the GAME folder and then in that GAME folder make a new folder named UPDATE (all caps)
    4) Put the 660 OFW EBOOT in that update folder and then exit USB mode.
    5) Go to GAME in the psp XMB and run it.

Now to install CFW.

1) Download the CFW from this link:http://www.pspmod.com/forums/downloa...do=file&id=251 Go back to USB mode on the psp
    and go to the GAME folder just like you did in above steps.
    3) Delete the UPDATE folder because you will no longer need it. (Only do this step if you did the above steps for installing OFW)
    4) Place the ME_INSTALLER in the GAME folder.
    5) Exit USB mode and go run that just like you did the OFW and you will be good to go.

This is for fully hackable psps only!
    Last edited by Flash 0; 11-30-2011 at 05:54 PM.
    In an Ideal world I would have all ten fingers on my left hand and my right hand would just be used for punching.

I'll be the number two guy here on PSP MOD in six weeks, How? Name repition, personality mirroring and never breaking off a handshake. I'm always thinking one step ahead like a...carpenter that makes stairs.

Do you have any other download links for both those files? the ones on the site don't work :S

edit: nvm, megaupload is just down for me ...

I was having trouble with them too, Try them again I re-did it. I'll be looking them up from another site while you try those, Please get back to me.
    In an Ideal world I would have all ten fingers on my left hand and my right hand would just be used for punching.

I'll be the number two guy here on PSP MOD in six weeks, How? Name repition, personality mirroring and never breaking off a handshake. I'm always thinking one step ahead like a...carpenter that makes stairs.

Well if megaupload happens to not work for you, all you have to do is go to your connection properties and set your internet protocol (tcp/ip) and put the following dns address
    preferred dns 8.8.8.4
    alternate dns 8.8.8.8

Oh I thought you meant the links were broken, Did you get them downloaded? If not you can try these links.

OFW: PSP Firmware 6.60 Update | PSP-Hacks: Hack your PlayStation Portable The download link is not from that website but someone in the comments linked it so follow it from there.
    CFW:PSP Custom Firmware 6.60 ME v1.6 | PSP-Hacks: Hack your PlayStation Portable Download V 1.6 from there.

Yea i got them work. thanks i'm updating now. If anything happens ill let you know

K good, I know that since you had M33 installed it means its fully hackable but you might want to make sure of that if you don't already know.

It's also possible to play games online right?

Yeah you should be able to play online.