Thread: Just a few simple questions...

1. #1 Just a few simple questions... 
    Junior Member PSP User
    Hey guys, long time no see. Got rid of my PSP a long time ago, and now am wanting to play some games again. I'd like to mod a PSP Go (after reading the best version of the PSP to mod) and had a couple questions. I read someone say that the 05g version allows you to completely hack it... how do I determine before I buy one (ebay or otherwise) if it is that version? A follow-up for that is, do I even need to worry about that? And if anyone could point me in the right direction as far as modding it to run downloaded PSP games (is it taboo to come out and say that?) I would appreciate it.

Thanks a bunch guys.

-S

Moderator I Modded My PSP Flash 0's Avatar
    Well, IMO I wouldn't worry about getting the Pemanent patchable version because that permanent patch is starting to get a little old and they havn't as of now been making the patch for newer CFW. The only bad thing about not being on the permanent patch is that when you turn your psp completely off you will have to run the launcher when you reboot which only takes about 5 seconds so its not that big of a deal to me.

I myself wouldn't know how to tell which version you will be getting unless you are able to look at the Serial#.
    You will get different oppinions on this but I personally think its too much hassle to worry about.
    In an Ideal world I would have all ten fingers on my left hand and my right hand would just be used for punching.

I'll be the number two guy here on PSP MOD in six weeks, How? Name repition, personality mirroring and never breaking off a handshake. I'm always thinking one step ahead like a...carpenter that makes stairs.

Junior Member PSP User
    Quote Originally Posted by Flash 0 View Post
    Well, IMO I wouldn't worry about getting the Pemanent patchable version because that permanent patch is starting to get a little old and they havn't as of now been making the patch for newer CFW. The only bad thing about not being on the permanent patch is that when you turn your psp completely off you will have to run the launcher when you reboot which only takes about 5 seconds so its not that big of a deal to me.

I myself wouldn't know how to tell which version you will be getting unless you are able to look at the Serial#.
    You will get different oppinions on this but I personally think its too much hassle to worry about.
    ok, thank you! that helps. didn't know the only thing that changed was the boot time... not a problem if that's the only thing. so i shouldn't worry about which model? and i'm guessing the mod for the psp go is relatively easy to search/find? any issues with new firmware recently?

Moderator I Modded My PSP Flash 0's Avatar
    If you decide to use the permanent patch version I would not be the guy to tell you how to install that but here is a short guide I wrote to install Lite ME CFW on a PSP Go!

First you will want to upgrade to 6.60 OFW if your not already on it, You can do this two different ways the first way is by using system update over wifi and the second is by downloading it yourself.

Heres how you can do it by downloading it yourself, Skip these first set of steps though if you update over WIFI or if you already are on 6.60.

1) Download and extract the 6.60 OFW and keep it where you can find it:6.60 OFW (PSP Go!) - Downloads - PSPMOD.com - PSP Forum, Hack PSP, PSV Hacks, PS Vita Hack, PSVita
    2) Go to USB connection on the psp and pull up the drive that the psp is connected to on the computer.
    3) Now open the PSP folder and then the GAME folder and then in that GAME folder make a new folder named UPDATE (all caps)
    4) Put the 660 OFW EBOOT in that update folder and then exit USB mode.
    5) Go to GAME in the psp XMB and run it.

Delete the Update folder after you run the OFW update.

Now to install the Lite CFW.

1) Go and download your 6.60 Lite ME CFW from this link:6.60LME-1.6 - Downloads - PSPMOD.com - PSP Forum, Hack PSP, PSV Hacks, PS Vita Hack, PSVita
    2) Plug the psp in to the USB connection and open the GAME folder( If you don't know where to find this folder see step 2-3 above)
    3) Place the Installer and the Launcher from the download in the GAME folder.
    4) Go run the INSTALLER first and then run the LAUNCHER.

If you have anymore questions please ask.
    And I havn't had any issues with the latest CFW/OFW. You might want to be careful about using system update on the psp to update because Sony will probably be releasing a new OFW soon and if you accidently update to it you will be stuck on it until there is a way to downgrade or until a CFW is made. I would just do it like the guide above shows.
    Last edited by Flash 0; 12-01-2011 at 04:35 PM.
    In an Ideal world I would have all ten fingers on my left hand and my right hand would just be used for punching.

I'll be the number two guy here on PSP MOD in six weeks, How? Name repition, personality mirroring and never breaking off a handshake. I'm always thinking one step ahead like a...carpenter that makes stairs.

TASK FORCE 141 PSP Elite Hacker Pirate's Avatar
    psp go with 05g module is compatible with permanent patch of 6.20 PRO B.
    goto my guide -section 6 to know more