Thread: Pandora battery was working fine, now it's not?

1. #1 Pandora battery was working fine, now it's not? 
    Hello. First of all i have a psp phat (oldest model) with cfw 550. I just recently discovered my psp again. Everything was working great (Played saved isos and such). I made a pandora battery a few years back (by method of breaking the ico4 pin in the battery) and it also worked perfectly along with the magic mem stick. But just recently a had to remove the magic memory stick to use for something else (backed up files on computer). Out of curiosity I flipped on the psp without the magic memory stick and of course nothing happened, just a black screen with a green light like normal. so i removed the battery to turn it off. But the weird was, when i put the files back on the memory stick and inserted back into the psp, the psp wouldn't turn on. Just the black screen with the green light. I was really confused, it should have stared up like normal. I troubleshooted the problem and turns out, the device won't start when the pandora battery is in, but when connected to the wall charger without the battery it starts up no problem. It's almost like it's bricked with the battery in. the battery charges like normal (orange light turns on when plugged in). The recovery menu also comes up (R trigger without battery in). But another odd thing is, whenever i hold the L trigger the cfw installation menu is supposed to come up but doesn't. Is it the battery or the magic memory stick? or something else? Please give feedback. Nobody else has had this problem that i know of.

And if you don't want to read my nice story, here is a shortened version.
    1:Psp worked fine
    2:Had to remove the magic mem stick for other purposes
    3:Got curious to see what would happen if the memory stick was out and i turned it on
    4:Re installed the memory stick with the same exact files
    5:Psp is a brick when pandora battery is plugged in

Thank you!

P.S. I'm new here and to thread posting please don't get mad if posting in wrong area.

Senior Member I Modded My PSP kjata123's Avatar
    its not bricked thats what Pandora battery does when you use it without the MMS . are you using the PB as normal before ? if so you deleted the IPL(sleep fix) dont you have any battery to use ?

Spambuster Bitch PSP Elite Hacker dankgame's Avatar
    dude if you took the stuff off your memory stick then used it for somthing els your going to have to recreate the mms use rains magic memory stick creator and make a new mms you cant just copy paste files back to the stick thinking its gonna work
    new members and old read thisvvvvvvvv
    http://www.pspmod.com/forums/introdu...uncements.html

It totally worked for me before by just copy+pasting the files back in before. ill try using the software to see if that'll do anything.

Quote Originally Posted by kjata123 View Post
    its not bricked thats what Pandora battery does when you use it without the MMS . are you using the PB as normal before ? if so you deleted the IPL(sleep fix) dont you have any battery to use ?
    I know it's not bricked. I was just using brick an expression to explain the status of it when i tried turning on with battery. And also i never injected a sleep fix. Ill keep troubleshooting and see if i can find a solution.
    Last edited by dankgame; 12-14-2011 at 05:20 AM. Reason: please dont double post

Quote Originally Posted by kjata123 View Post
    HEY! I looked into injecting the IPL and used Rain's mms creator to inject it and it boot right up thank you both for the quick resposes and the usefull info

Spambuster Bitch PSP Elite Hacker dankgame's Avatar
    your welcome
    new members and old read thisvvvvvvvv
    http://www.pspmod.com/forums/introdu...uncements.html