Thread: PSP 2004 turns on and off by itself.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
  1. #1 PSP 2004 turns on and off by itself. 
    Junior Member PSP User
    I have a PSP 2004, on CFW 5.50 prome-4.
    Previously, my psp had a problem(the exact same problem I'm going to eleborate later on), I brought it to a game shop where they said that most probably my motherboard was faulty, so they helped me to change it.
    I got my psp back on 30th of november 2011. And it has been fine ever since. On the morning 19th december, I turned on my psp to find that it was rebooted (as in it started with the sony entertainment line). I remembered very clearly that I put it to sleep mode the night before. About 5 seconds with my psp in the XMB, the blue screen of death suddenly appeared It said my system setting is corrupted, telling me to press circle. After this BSOD appeared, my psp started to turned on and off by itself randomly when I'm not even touching it. It will turn on my psp from sleep mode, and switch it off completely, such that the next time I on it, it'll show the sony entertainment line. Worst still, sometimes it goes into a loop, where it switches itself on and off for 1o+ times within 3 minutes.
    I read various forums, saying that only pandorized batteries cause PSPs to act this way. The thing is, my battery is not even pandorized. To confirm this, I plugged my psp into my charger without the battery in it. It still happened. Assuming it was the flash1 that is causing it, I went to recovery mode to reset my flash1. It still happened.
    So, is this a known problem? What is causing this? How do I solve it?
    P.S. Come to think of it, one day before this whole problem started, I put CWCheats into my mem stick. Is this homebrew causing my flash0/flash1 to be messed up, thus having the BSOD?

The King Of Chinatown PSP Elite Hacker Geek's Avatar
    From what you're describing, it sounds like your firmware install is faulty. As for CWCheat it does not mess with the flash so it should not be the cause of this. I see that you were using the promethus module on your slim. Do you know if it is fully hackable or not?

I'm not a pirate. I am a 21st century Che liberating files from the capitalist overlords.
    How to check if you can mod your PSP

Thanks MZ for a sleek sig!

Junior Member PSP User
    Quote Originally Posted by Geek View Post
    From what you're describing, it sounds like your firmware install is faulty. As for CWCheat it does not mess with the flash so it should not be the cause of this. I see that you were using the promethus module on your slim. Do you know if it is fully hackable or not?
    Yes I'm using promethus 4, my psp is a 2004 set. So the motherboard should not be the T88v3(?) which is unhackable. Furthermore, the shop helped me changed the motherboard, so I'm sure it's some "fully hackable" motherboard. The very first time the BSOD occurred is when I'm on 5.50gen D3, and the on-off loops happened after BSOD showed up. The second time(which is now) I'm on prome4, and BSOD happened too. So.... it couldn't be something wrong with the firmware install... right? :x

TASK FORCE 141 PSP Elite Hacker Pirate's Avatar
    if what u said is right, ur mobo is hackable

Junior Member PSP User
    Quote Originally Posted by Pirate View Post
    Yeah... So.... Anybody knows why this happens? :x Really need help here.... I can't afford to have another change of motherboard. It's too expensive for me.

Senior Member I Modded My PSP JamppCobal's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by DcoryHelisle View Post
    Is this thing a bot or something , repeating whatever somebody says ?

Senior Member I Modded My PSP kjata123's Avatar
    spammer i think

L
    Quote Originally Posted by IdaLim View Post
    Yeah... So.... Anybody knows why this happens? :x Really need help here.... I can't afford to have another change of motherboard. It's too expensive for me.
    Uninstall CWCheat, format memory stick and see if that clears up your problem

Junior Member PSP User
    Quote Originally Posted by El Guapo View Post
    Uninstall CWCheat, format memory stick and see if that clears up your problem
    Yes, I did that... The problem is still there. Okay sorry guys I know I'm troublesome but I really need help.
    I re-setted flash1, formatted my memory stick, tested out the "genuineness" of my battery. It still doesn't help..

L
    Have you ever used some other NAND on this PSP??, like did you do a NAND dump and restore with someone elses NAND?

Junior Member PSP User
    Quote Originally Posted by El Guapo View Post
    Have you ever used some other NAND on this PSP??, like did you do a NAND dump and restore with someone elses NAND?
    Never heard of the term "NAND" in my entire life, so I couldn't possibly do a NAND dump...

L
    Sounds like you have some bad keys. Do you have a pandoras/MMS combo?

Junior Member PSP User
    What do you mean by I have some bad keys...? And nope, I do not have pandora and mms. I modded my psp using soft wares...

L
    Lets try to update to official Sony firmware to see if that clears up your problems

EDIT: dude, you need to get back to me cause I'm getting ready to go to sleep
    Last edited by El Guapo; 12-22-2011 at 12:24 PM.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast