Thread: semi-perm / perm psp 3000 hmmm 2000 I dunno. battery life questions

1. #1 semi-perm / perm psp 3000 hmmm 2000 I dunno. battery life questions 
    Okies three questions:

I was thinking about getting a psp-3000, because of the better screen and well it uses less power then the psp-1000. (also more mem for the browser is a plus) - is no keyboard with pi-key cause of the infrared port being gone.
    well long story short
    Here are my three concerns:
    #1 I'm reading various posts on the internet that there are permanent hacks or you have to enable them overtime on the psp-3000 and certain psp-2000 motherboards. My question is as of today are there or are there not permanent hacks for the psp 3000.
    #2 how much difference is there really in battery life between the psp-3000 and psp-2000, because as I understand it starting with the 2000 they used a different processor, but as time goes by the processors should be made better on the die so each batch should get better but then again the screen on the 3000 should suck a little more juice (cause it's brighter.)
    #3 I read that there are custom implementations of the browser that doesn't run out of memory so quickly, also there is supposed to be some custom implementation of java. that works with opera mini well that work any better than the built in browser.
    terramir

Rated: CERO Z PSP Elite Hacker
    Quote Originally Posted by terramir View Post
    #1 I'm reading various posts on the internet that there are permanent hacks or you have to enable them overtime on the psp-3000 and certain psp-2000 motherboards. My question is as of today are there or are there not permanent hacks for the psp 3000.
    No truly permanent, NAND installed hacks yet.

#2 how much difference is there really in battery life between the psp-3000 and psp-2000, because as I understand it starting with the 2000 they used a different processor, but as time goes by the processors should be made better on the die so each batch should get better but then again the screen on the 3000 should suck a little more juice (cause it's brighter.)
    None, you'll notice no difference. The processor is the same between ALL PSPs. The 3000 screen isn't

#3 I read that there are custom implementations of the browser that doesn't run out of memory so quickly, also there is supposed to be some custom implementation of java. that works with opera mini well that work any better than the built in browser.
    terramir
    I think the add-on/aftermarket browsers are garbage.

I thought the 2000 and 3000 used a different processor chip (same processor model, different chip, less juice). Well okies no permananent installed hacks can someone tell me why no-one defeated that checker yet, what are the problems / issues.
    also how much better is the 3000 screen vs the 2000 screen is it worth the extra hassle overtime you have to turn on to reboot ?
    terramir