Thread: Advice on which PSP model to purchase

1. #1 Advice on which PSP model to purchase 
    Hi, I'm interested in buying two PSP's to play some of the classic games like Metal Slug co-op. I'm also interested in trying some emulators. My preference is to get two newPSP 3000's but it appears certain models are not ideal for emulation.

Is there something on the box that I can look for to assist me in purchasing one that is a good candidate?

Any advice would be appreciated, thanks.

Senior Member I Modded My PSP kjata123's Avatar
    they can be hacked and play emulators with it but i suggest getting a 1000 or a fully hackable slim

Thanks. Why? What are the benefits of hacking a 1000? PM me if preferred thanks. Google has so much conflicting information it's confusing, thanks for the response and your time.

Quote Originally Posted by kjata123 View Post
    they can be hacked and play emulators with it but i suggest getting a 1000 or a fully hackable slim

I want it all, brand new socks and draws! PSP Mad Hacker thecoo1est's Avatar
    All 1000's are fully hackable so you dont need to worry about looking for something, you can just pick it up and know it can be hacked. Hackable slim 2000 is better to me because it has more memory, but theyre not all fully hackable, so you need to look at certain things, and even then sometimes you cant be for sure until you run some test. Now if you find untampered daxter slims and star wars slims, those are slims that are fully hackable, there is plenty of black slims that are fully hackable but since all the black ones look the same you just need to find what to look for and hope for the best in some cases, anytime you buy used you run the risk of a problem since things can be changed like cases motherboards etc. etc. Below is a link posted that discusses many things to look for in a slim.

http://www.pspmod.com/forums/psp-dis...-hackable.html

Thanks for the info. 1 last question, if I am reading all this info in the forums correctly. Can't you just upgrade a unhackable's firmware and essentially make it hackable?

Quote Originally Posted by thecoo1est View Post
    All 1000's are fully hackable so you dont need to worry about looking for something, you can just pick it up and know it can be hacked. Hackable slim 2000 is better to me because it has more memory, but theyre not all fully hackable, so you need to look at certain things, and even then sometimes you cant be for sure until you run some test. Now if you find untampered daxter slims and star wars slims, those are slims that are fully hackable, there is plenty of black slims that are fully hackable but since all the black ones look the same you just need to find what to look for and hope for the best in some cases, anytime you buy used you run the risk of a problem since things can be changed like cases motherboards etc. etc. Below is a link posted that discusses many things to look for in a slim.

http://www.pspmod.com/forums/psp-dis...-hackable.html

Spambuster Bitch PSP Elite Hacker dankgame's Avatar
    all unhackables can run a Lite custom firmware as to the 1k and some of the 2k can have full custom firmware and can use such things as a pandora battery and magic memory stick as the 3k can not and if you were to brick the 3k it would cost you ohhh ahh 500 to unbrick or 100 to have sony swap the mobo and send it back to ya but the good thing aboot the lite custom firmwares for the 3ks is it dose not write to the flash its all off the memory stick and there have been very few bricks with the LCFW and it all dose pretty much what a full cfw would do
    new members and old read thisvvvvvvvv
    http://www.pspmod.com/forums/introdu...uncements.html

If I buy a magic memory and pandora battery from say pandora sales is all that included on the stick? In other words it's hacked I just load up emulators and roms and I am done?

Quote Originally Posted by dankgame View Post
    all unhackables can run a Lite custom firmware as to the 1k and some of the 2k can have full custom firmware and can use such things as a pandora battery and magic memory stick as the 3k can not and if you were to brick the 3k it would cost you ohhh ahh 500 to unbrick or 100 to have sony swap the mobo and send it back to ya but the good thing aboot the lite custom firmwares for the 3ks is it dose not write to the flash its all off the memory stick and there have been very few bricks with the LCFW and it all dose pretty much what a full cfw would do
    Last edited by aka DaBigKahuna; 12-28-2011 at 07:27 PM.

the only benefit i can think of a fully hackable than 3000/GO is when something wrong happens its easier to repair and not that pricy we can help you if something happens to your psp just come back here.
    If I buy a magic memory and pandora battery from say pandora sales is all that included on the stick? In other words it's hacked I just load up emulators and roms and I am done?
    Magic Memory can be easily done if you have real sony or sandisk memory stick and its reversable after your done using Magic Memory you can format it and use it again as a regular stick.

about the hacking we'll give you directions/guide how to update to the latest and all emulators you need so once you got PSP feel free to come back and post

Alright thanks Bruah. My friend gifted me a PSP. I'll post when I get it in the mail hopefully in a few days. Thanks!

Quote Originally Posted by kjata123 View Post
    the only benefit i can think of a fully hackable than 3000/GO is when something wrong happens its easier to repair and not that pricy we can help you if something happens to your psp just come back here.
    Magic Memory can be easily done if you have real sony or sandisk memory stick and its reversable after your done using Magic Memory you can format it and use it again as a regular stick.

about the hacking we'll give you directions/guide how to update to the latest and all emulators you need so once you got PSP feel free to come back and post

aight sure