Thread: Bricked psp slim - PB help

1. #1 Bricked psp slim - PB help 
    Earlier today, I had the misfortune of having my 2001 slim brick on me after trying to upgrade to 6.60me.
    I believe it's a full brick since the green light turns on but the screen does not. There is also no sound.
    I also was foolish in that I didn't make a PB before trying to upgrade.

So now I've been trying to make a Pandora's battery but it seems to not be working.
    Opening up the battery, I made a cut between the "1" and the "9" on the internal board. I'm very sure that I cut through it.
    Even so, when I put it back into the psp, it does not automatically power up like I've read it should.
    I also do not want to try removing that 5th contact because I fear of the possible fire hazard I've read about.
    (I've also already made the Magic mem. stick as well, using Rain's Ultra Lite MMS)

Please help me out. This is the first time I've had anything brick on me.

Note: I've ordered a PB from deals extreme, but I'd really like to fix it sooner than later if possible.

Senior Member I Modded My PSP kjata123's Avatar
    if your psp is not fully hackable . PB wont work no matter how hard you try . Hard Modding battery seems tricky i tried also on my Slim battery and its not working as it should be. so i bought PB for phat so i can use it in either 1000/2000 .

L
    Quote Originally Posted by mazio View Post
    Earlier today, I had the misfortune of having my 2001 slim brick on me after trying to upgrade to 6.60me.
    I believe it's a full brick since the green light turns on but the screen does not. There is also no sound.
    I also was foolish in that I didn't make a PB before trying to upgrade.

So now I've been trying to make a Pandora's battery but it seems to not be working.
    Opening up the battery, I made a cut between the "1" and the "9" on the internal board. I'm very sure that I cut through it.
    Even so, when I put it back into the psp, it does not automatically power up like I've read it should.
    I also do not want to try removing that 5th contact because I fear of the possible fire hazard I've read about.
    (I've also already made the Magic mem. stick as well, using Rain's Ultra Lite MMS)

Please help me out. This is the first time I've had anything brick on me.

Note: I've ordered a PB from deals extreme, but I'd really like to fix it sooner than later if possible.
    Was your PSP already on CFW or did it have official firmware?

Quote Originally Posted by El Guapo View Post
    Was your PSP already on CFW or did it have official firmware?
    At first, I had it on 6.20tn-d and then upgraded to 6.60 ofw, not realizing I could skip through that.
    So I was on 6.60 and tried to be cfw on there, it turned off on me during installation.
    I guess it bricked on ofw.

Oh...
    I just bought a PB and mms set from dealextreme and it arrived today.
    I've tried using it but I'm not sure if I'm doing it right.
    It turns on automatically as it should, but nothing else responds.
    Last edited by mazio; 01-01-2012 at 01:50 AM.

do you mean in turns with the screen on but nothing appears ? or just blank screen with green light

Quote Originally Posted by kjata123 View Post
    do you mean in turns with the screen on but nothing appears ? or just blank screen with green light
    It's a blank screen with the green light.

Quote Originally Posted by kjata123 View Post
    if your psp is not fully hackable . PB wont work no matter how hard you try . Hard Modding battery seems tricky i tried also on my Slim battery and its not working as it should be. so i bought PB for phat so i can use it in either 1000/2000 .
    *sigh* I think this might unfortunately be the case after trying everything and looking into the matter even more.
    I think I threw myself off with the tn-d perma patch, (for some reason) thinking that it only worked with pre ta-88v3 mobos.
    I suppose the only options left is to either send it to sony, replace the mobo, or sell it for parts...?

Ah well. You live and learn.

try remaking the MMS using rains ultralite mms maker maybe theres something wrong with the MMS because 88v3 wont recognize the PB at all and wont open by itself. once you remade the MMS put the MMS first then hold L trigger then pop the pandora battery in if that still dont work maybe you got TA-88v3 mobo post your serial number here to check it

Sadly it didn't work. I tried it multiple times using all sorts of mms makers.
    The serial number starts with HU25 and the other being AB025.
    I'm guessing I'm out of luck.

How is that so though? If the PB doesn't work with 88v3's, how is it still turning it on automatically?