Thread: Black Screen

1. #1 Black Screen 
    Hi guys, new to the forum.

I have a Magic Memory Stick and Pandora Battery I have used before on older PSPs, but not in over a year or so. I bought a used PSP today and tried to load CFW on it.

I removed my battery and memory stick. I inserted the Magic Stick and then the Pandora Battery. Nothing happens and the screen stays black, the lights on the left corner don't show.

Is it my Magic Memory Stick or my Pandora Battery? Is it possible to fix without a CFW PSP?

Senior Member I Modded My PSP kjata123's Avatar
    is the battery charged ? lol

are you trying to unbrick a SLIM or 3000 then if the PSP is unhackable/not fully hackable and bricked then even PB and MMS combo wont work on it

Hi, thanks for the reply.

The PSP isn't bricked, I just bought it used from Gamestop. It is a 2000, white Darth Vader one. I am currently playing Monster Hunter Unite on OFW. Trying to get the CFW installed to play Monster Hunter 3rd Portable with the English patch.

I'm just having a problem with either the Magic Memory Stick or Pandora Battery, not sure which. Is there any way to make a Pandora Battery without having CFW?

hmm . there is a way to install CFW without PB and MMS combo since you got fully hackable mobo tell me what version/firmware you got and i help you how to install latest CFW

Thanks.

I have OFW 6.10.

then do this . update using your System Update via internet or download this 6.60 OFW - Downloads - PSPMOD.com - PSP Forum, Hack PSP, PSV Hacks, PS Vita Hack, PSVita paste the UPDATE folder to your PSP/GAME folder then run the update . after updating to 6.60OFW download this 6.60ME-1.6 - Downloads - PSPMOD.com - PSP Forum, Hack PSP, PSV Hacks, PS Vita Hack, PSVita paste the me_installer folder to your PSP/GAME folder then run it once it reboots you're on 6.60 ME-1.6 latest cfw you can now delete those files

Thanks so much, I appreciate it.

Is there a way to install 5.00 M33-6 from 6.60 Pro? What I am trying to play on the PSP works with that CFW.

When I download the file here, http://www.pspmod.com/forums/downloa...?do=file&id=88, I am missing a file that it has to download from the internet. After the file downloads, I press X to start and my system gets stuck and says "Starting sce updater, wait...". I know it says wait, but it is a longgggggggg time.
    Last edited by Dark Passenger; 01-04-2012 at 01:11 AM.

any games your able to play with 5.00m33 im sure you can play it with 6.60 ME-1.6 or PRO.

but if you still want to downgrade to 5.00m33 use hellcats and install DCv8 thats 5.00m33 heres a guide
    download hellcats here :Recovery Flasher v1.65, PSP Hacks - PSP Slim Hacks then paste it to your PSP/GAME folder then download 500.pbp here Download PSP_500_FW_UPDATE.zip for free on uploading.com then paste the 500.pbp file to the root of your PSP not MP_ROOT folder then run the hellcats on your psp then select option intall m33 CFW

The game I am trying won't show in the ISO folder. It says it was tested on 5.00m-33. Unless I just have a bad ISO?

ISO's go to ISO folder if you dont have ISO folder create one on the root of your MS.

The ISO is put into the ISO folder that is on the main page of the memory stick. (Right?)

I think I just have a bad ISO. It was a multiple part download and it didn't extract right I think.